That game isn't hard, you're just stupid. No. Really.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Pretty much every SNES and Sega Genesis game I've played. Except Super Return of the Jedi. That game's still hard as hell.

Ohh LooooordKaaaaT!!!

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Metal Gear Solid.

Could never beat Sniper Wolf, went back to it a couple months ago and beat her without even really trying.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
It works the other way round, unfortunately, for games that have parts that involve mouse-twitching. The older I get....

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Dragon Age: I didn't realize that you could pick up stat boosts during the Fade portion of the tower. D'oh!

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Gxas said:
Pokémon

I look back at all of my old teams and see just mounds and mounds of legendaries. So sad...
Yeah man, prevolution teams are the way to go :D

Go beat the elite four with a pichu it's awesome

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Shining Force. I was hopelessly trapped on chapter three.

"What? My main character can be a good fighter? I shouldn't have left him completely defended?"

"You mean egressing and redoing battles for EXP is a valid strategy?"

"What's a promotion?"

"Arthur is the best knight?!?"

Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing.

Sep 14, 2009
eh it depends, there are some games where i go "how the hell was i saw damn good at this when i was younger?" but then there are some that are so piss easy that i have no idea how i was so bad at them..

for the latter, i would say most rpg's, not that they were EASY,just they were very understandable and i could really get into the stories and whatnot better.

such as morrowind, ff7, chrono trigger, etc..

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
I recently replayed FF7, and it occurred to me that I've gotten "better" at that game every time I've played it. It's basically a cakewalk now. I killed Ruby Weapon rather by accident! I left half of my characters' materia slots empty part of the time! I got four Master Command materia almost effortlessly! I continued to use Disc-1 weapons until mid-Disc-3 (because double AP growth is holy cow), and didn't notice any kind of impairment! I used the level 3 limit break on Aeris (who I named Potatoes, with humorous results) to kill the Midgar Zolom at low levels! It's amazing how little trouble I had.

WildSeraph

Jan 5, 2011
I've already made a thread about this, but I feel this with every RPG I try to play. I always end up putting stats in the wrong places, buying the wrong things, until I've royally messed up my game.

Xionis Zeshun

Jun 6, 2009
Portal.

Got to a particular room and was permanently stuck forever and ever. Gave up, came back 6 months later and solved it in 5 mins, making me wonder wtf was wrong with my 6 month previous self.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
FFVIII kicked my ass to and fro until I learned to use the junction system and how to abuse limit breaks. In fact, during my first playthrough I didn't even use junctions. Made even regular random encounters obnoxiously hard without summons and almost make me give up on the game when I first got to the Ragnarok.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yup. I used to not beat hardly any of games but now I rarely don't finish something. Nothing in particular though.

That_one_guy

Mar 1, 2011
cyrogeist said:
final fantasy tactics i couldnt even figure out the controls but know that i know and im kicking ass at it
Basically this. The fight in Dorter had me stumped for a month when I first started playing, and the same goes for
the fight at Riovane's castle with Wiegraf. Equipping the Chameleon robe which absorbs the Holy element (and thusly nullifies all of his 'Knight Templar' abilities) really helps the first part, but as a kid I always found myself trying to burn Belias down as fast as possible without killing off his goons first, which resulted in the death of all of my party members 100% of the time. CURSE YOU, GIGAFLARE!
I actually wore the disk out to the point of it being unreadable before I beat it.

When the remake for the PSP came out, I was set. Calculator with White Magick, two Monks with the Geomancy skill, a Summoner with Mystic Arts, and my main man Ramza, who I had gotten to be a Dark Knight about 3/4 of the way through the game. (It helps to sit back and use Tailwind as a Black Mage to get all the JP you need to master it.)

FFVII was the same way, too. I thought pumping everyone full of superpowerful Summon Materia was a good idea, but it turns out that that actually effects the way they level up, increasing Magic at the expense of important things like Attack, Defense, Vitality and whatnot. Without three maxed HP+ materias each, said characters died very frequently near the end of the game and made it near impossible for me... beating the optional WEAPON bosses was out of the question.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
Actually, reverse. KOTOR the second time I played it. I was like, "....What? How did I even beat this bloody game?"

Oh, and when I played Black and White 2, I used to throw people, hoping that would answer their questions. Yeah, I was dumb.

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
I recently booted up my first Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon save, which was my first Fire Emblem game ever.

Entire team is pre-promotes. Everybody you meet in the first half of the game is dead except for Jeigan and Marth. Marth is the only decently trained unit in the entire army.

Wow, how the hell did I beat the final chapter again?

What was I *thinking*???

How did I get Cain, Abel, and Ogma killed on Normal Mode?!!

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Pretty much all games from when I was younger. :/ For some reason, I struggled so much with the first Kingdom Hearts when I first played it in 6th grade. I went back and retried it my Junior year of high school and felt like a complete moron. I enjoyed it a lot more, though. :D

Same can be said for Haunting Ground. I first played it my Freshman year of high school (first survival horror game I'd ever played) and to say it kicked my butt doesn't really cover it. :/ It's super easy now, though, and I think of my younger gamer-self as an idiot.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
ThatLankyBastard said:
Pokemon...

Rare Candies make your Pokemon suck!

... and it took me 4 years to realize that...

*cries*
Go ahead and un-realize that. In any GBA or later game, as long as a Pokemon has full Effort Values, Rare Candy won't make it any weaker. Go ahead and spam those candies once you've fought 500 battles to max out those values.

Before then, it was even easier. Depositing the Pokemon in a PC box and withdrawing it will increase its stats if it was levelled by Rare Candy and does not have the best possible stats.