That game that you REALLY want to complete, but always get distracted from

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Currently it's sunset overdrive. I always go back to Destiny or I go to beat Advanced Warfare's campaign. I love Sunset overdrive, I really do, I just get very distracted easily XD

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Skyrim, Mass Effect, and Bravely Default. Like all three of those games, but have been caught up in other things too much, including the new games that are out or are coming out that I wanna get and play too.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
devil may cry 4 and transistor for me. Couldn't tell you for the life of me why, I love both to death. It's almost as if my brain thinks something along the lines of "I already know they're amazing, so I don't need to play more. Welp, beter get back to firefall!"

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Crysis,
Deus Ex Human Revolution,
Hotline Miami,

Crysis is everything I'd want from an ideal shooter, but the amount of options and the stuff you need to learn to play effectively is a bit overwhelming. I usually faff about for a few missions, then I just gradually lose interest. For Deus Ex, it just drags on for too long, and it desperately needed Montreal as a third hub city. The pacing of the game gets screwed up towards the end, as you get no respite from the constant action, so I just exhausted from it. With Hotline Miami, I need to be on a constant buzz to get through the level, a la Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls, but I always end up starting a new game, which takes a bit too long for me. Also fuck that stealth level.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Bioshock Infinite. Thing is, I actually got really into this game, despite it being an FPS, and got pretty far. But the whole "Defend the Flagship" mission kicked my ass so thoroughly too many times that I haven't picked it up in months. One day I'll try again. One day.

Also, Mass Effect. I want to like this game. I really, really want to like this game. I adored KOTOR and wanted to relive the experience. But while recognizing that, objectively, it is a very good game, nothing really happened to grab my attention and I lost interest during the first lava level.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Demon's Souls. I think I was pretty far in last time I played. All I have to do is kill the final boss in the Shrine of Storms and finish the last archstone run at the Boletarian Palace. I was a little put off because I missed Ostrava's key, which apparently leads to the true final boss of the game or whatever. So I gave up interest. But I really should finish it one of these days.

RDR is another game I keep putting off. I'm trying to get that trophy for doing 20 missions without changing your horse and it's annoying. I don't wanna fuck up, I'm halfway there. But it's soooo annoying.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Dragon's Dogma. Love the game, its just so addicting. Yes, some of the characters are goofy and the plot is all over the place, but its one of the few games that feels like a real world rather than a game. Skyrim is great, don't get me wrong, but when I accept a quest, I can literally never complete it and nothing bad happens. In Dragon's Dogma if I don't go rescue a girl from wolves, she will die and the rest of her quest line will be locked off.

But maybe that's also why I never went back to finish it. Its such a long game with such a huge, yet paradoxically small barren map that there is a LOT of back tracking and revisiting. And that gets old. At a certain point I remember I had 8 different quests going and only two actual locations between them. 4 quests in a single field, 4 quests in the catacombs. And that just felt like lazy development.
Its such a shame, because the music, gameplay and a few of the characters were really great. But there is only so many times I can fight a cyclops by a waterfall before I get bored.

Also Outlast. I didn't stop because it got too scary, I just got bored. The gameplay became too repetitive. Too many times hiding under a bed or desk for it to be engaging anymore.

Capcha: Lizard Poisons Spock

gamertitan

Nov 5, 2014
I would really love to finish The Last of US but for some reason my game save always gets deleted on my copy... So not really sure what the problem is there, but damn is it such an awesome game!

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Wasteland 2, world in that game is fantastic and post apocalyptic dystopia is hands down my favorite setting. But the sheer amount of talking needed to advance in this game is just too much and also the game would be a lot better if moving around would be strictly grid based like in Xcom or there would be no team just you and it was in 3rd person.

Dark Souls prepare to die edition, mostly because it controls like you are piloting a fat hippos ass and the front bit is angry at you.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
FFVII

I get to the end and then realize all the grinding of GFs I still need to do and drop it.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
The original Deus Ex. It's a good game, but I just can't maintain interest in it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh boy. I am the worst at this problem due to life's many distractions. Mainly its Mass effect 3 and Dragons Dogma. Also Dark souls for probably obvious reasons. I keep getting rid of ME3 for various reasons, yet i really want to see this terrible ending that the internet collectively hates. Without cheating of course.
Oh and Skyrim. Dungeons just boooooooooore me sooooooooooo much. Why are so many things always happening in dungeons? Theyre just like sewer levels to me.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
erttheking said:
Witcher 2. I really REALLY want to like this series, but I just can't build up the drive to get through it.

Liquidprid3 said:
Final Fantasy 7. I'm about 10 hours in, and I really, really like it, but I just wont sit diwn and play it. I have the time to as well, but I just end up spending 3 hours on Reddit.

Such is life.
Christ I know that feeling.
All the this. I keep trying to complete Witcher 2 but I just can't seem to get round to it. Love the game, enjoy the story and combat but I always end up putting a few hours into it, heading off to do something else, then never going back to it. Must have 3-4 save games between 2-10 hours into it.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I want to finish the first Dark Souls.

I spent 50 hours on it on the 360 but never beat it, bought it on PC a long while ago, and haven't gotten back into it.

...I've spent 190 hours on Dark Souls 2. This fact is a black taint on my soul. Sort of.

Final Fantasy X for me as well. I think I got to Yunalesca and I had skipped a few too many fights to have abilities that are recommended in strategies for her fight. Naturally, being the lazy person I am, I put down the game instead of actually grinding enough to get them.

Final Fantasy IX also, I loved what I played, but I haven't picked it back up because of other games. Did play it for 12 hours or so.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
Dark Souls, I didn't even get stuck or anything, I beat Ornstein and Smaugh, went through the catacombs and then just stopped, I want to finish it but I just never feel like playing it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Xsjadoblayde said:
I keep getting rid of ME3 for various reasons, yet i really want to see this terrible ending that the internet collectively hates. Without cheating of course.
I just finished ME3 and the extended edition isn't terrible at all. At worst, you can call it lazy and contrived. Now, I didn't see the original ending, but apparently that one was just incredibly incomplete, underwhelming and left far too much unexplained or unclear.

ivarsa15

Nov 21, 2009
well... I have logged over 500 hours in Crusader Kings 2 and I have still not managed to finish a campaign. Either my dynasty dies out or I find a game breaking bug and ragequit. I still keep trying though. Even managed to create a jewish empire! Which was killed by the Abbassids... Then I created the Roman Empire as the Byzantines! Then the Abbassids came and took over... I also created a Scandinavian empire! Then the Abbassids took over the Russian empire and started... you get the point.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
-Just Cause 2. I liked it but the vast travel distances and the difficulty in getting more ammo(that I remember) really got on my nerves.

-Lone Survivor. Computer I was playing on died when I was playing it. I haven't reinstalled it. Also, I plan to play Silent Hill for the first time in the near future, so that's the other reason.

-Kerbal Space Program. Really looking forward to playing this again, but I keep feeling like I want to get some other stuff done first.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
The Wolf Among Us.

It's a good game with an engrossing atmosphere, but like a good book, I never seem to be interested in it unless I'm already reading or playing it.