That new halo 4 info- Uhh 343.... What are you doing?

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Sprint

-So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.
Good, this sounds like a plan. I always loved using Sprint, but at the sacrifice of a Jetpack not so much.

Forerunner Vision

-Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.
WRONG, sir. Camping is always a viable tactic, the community will always find a way.

This-

No More Weapon Camping

-One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.
does not render camping moot. It renders weapon camping, which I barely ever did anyway, moot. People will still camp with whatever weapons they have.

On the Instant Respawn System: This actually sounds likie it could work nicely. I'm going to assume that it will work much in a way that there are a few key spawn points around the map for team players to respawn at so that the mentioned, "killing you before your shields even recharge," will not happen, unless you were camping inside of the enemy spawn in the first place.

WHICH IN THAT CASE YOU DESERVE IT ANYWAY.

DD Commander

Jan 8, 2012
All I can say is..WHAT THE FUCK?!

Remove Firefight for "Spartan(Spec) Ops? Do what Reach did and make Firefight 3.0!
No elites? joy to the world. I totally want everyone to look the same, and here I thought that they were going to make Elites customize-able. Dissapointing.
Multiplayer in VR? Actually, not bad. Has lore to it.

This is just terrible. I hoped that it would be better than this.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
This sounds interesting.............................and worrying.
I don't really care about them taking firefight out, it hardly ever worked for me and when it did it just felt like yet another attempt to rip off horde mode.
The multiplayer changes sounds interesting such as random weapon drops. Im confused about how this will work though, surely they must have certain key locations to drop them in? They have to be careful that games are not also instantly decided by which team had the rockets drop closer to their spawn.

Instant respawn=not the best of ideas, at least not in CTF. In slayer it would probably be fine but please 343, please do not put that in CTF.

I imagine spartan-ops will be a totally new and unique idea that has never been done before, especially not by any big shooter franchise, oh no it's a completely new thing that isn't going to be crap at all.

Joining in progress games is a nice option that I can't name a downside to right now. As for Sprint, meh. I guess it's fine for those who like it although I would prefer it remain an armour ability but whatever, it's no big deal as long as they take into account the fact that everyone will be able to sprint when designing their maps.
Forerunner visions sounds annoying. I do not look forward to this but will not judge it yet.

Im disspointed to see a return of a currency system, especially one with a stupid name. Hopefully it won't be as big of a grind as Reach was, im also hoping that it is purely asthetic things that you unlock.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
You know what I would love for forerunner vision? To have places seperated into sections, like each room is its own section, and when you activate FV, you can tell how many people are in that section. You can't see in there, but you know they are there, so you can go in shooting.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
The only two things that I am not open too is the random weapon spawns, bye bye map control. And instant spawns would make objective nigh impossible because they are right back in the fight.

However according to Frankie much of the info in the magazine is already out of date. Apparently things will be explained soon at it is not as bad as it sounds.

As for the customization as long as we only can choose between fairly conventional weapons it won't be so bad. I hope we don't end up being able to spawn with things like the plasma pistol(noob combo carnage) or a needler with tracking or grenade launcher weapons like the Brute shot, concussion, or GL. As long as these and true power weapons are still pickups than there is still hope.

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
people ( not necessarily in this thread) are bitching about the random power weapon drops but honestly this is an awesome idea if they are random their will no longer be that one dick camping the sniper or rocket launcher the entire game

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I like the respawn cooldown idea. It makes it easier for the new players to get a few kills instead of being shutdown because the enemy's shield would be up by the time they were reborn so they would just continually get murdered. Spawn campers are going ot have more issues since the respawn rate increase means less time to rest and more people ready to killify them.

Also the random weapon drops means newer players won't be as badly raped by people who spend 16 hours a day on the same map. I wouldn't have to memorize each and every good weapon's drop point to be able to not die all the time. It also makes for more variety since everyone won't be always running for the same weapons in the same areas.

But I do know why people are bickering about those changes, it levels the field. They can't camp the weapon points as easily and newer players have a chance to get a kill or two since they'll be back soon enough to hit you when you are recharging.

Honestly, the best solution to balance things out would be to end recharging health. With health recharge, you can't really wear an elite player down bit by bit as you try to get a few kils before he hits the score limit. It encourages campers who can sit in place and heal up from the people that were able to get a few shots in.

Pfheonix

Apr 3, 2010
oZode said:
Don't get me wrong, I am fine with change. it is just that the names of things make me go, "Really?". Spartan Ops, Spartan Points, Spartan mexican foods, I seriously hope they are just place holders.

Although it is a matter of time before people start calling this game "Halo of duty 4" either way.
What, you don't want to order a Spartanchilada at Spartan Bell? With a Spartan Dew on the side?

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
So... it's doing the same things wrong that Reach did? I'll pass, thanks.

I want an HD remake of Halo 2 please.

Call me Baz

Nov 26, 2011
I had always maintained that if Halo 4 was "the right thing" for me I would re-buy an xbox (my previous one having been broken some many months ago) but I think that has completely been eradicated now.

The point of having set weapon spawns was all about map control, positioning and team organisation/communication. It's exactly the same as buff control in League of Legends; you gain an advantage from being smart. It's frustrating enough jumping around a corner and being rocketed into the sky in Halo 3, but at least I know he either had the timings down *or* killed someone else with rockets - now? Not so much. I may well die to someone of far lower skill than me just because I happen upon them 20 seconds after they got rockets drop 5 steps to their left and I nerd-rage about this.

Points, abilities, what-have-you I don't really care about. I loved Halo 3 because it was simple, cut-and-dry and I would always (read "minus boosters") get even skill matches. This stupid stuff about unlocking abilities means it's going to either be a levelling gimmick, or a choice system. Randomising factors in matchmaking is just bleh.

I admit though, there was nothing worse than teammates disconnecting and turning a close win into a horrible defeat as they could not re-connect (I had a friend who lost internet every time he picked up his phone, another whose microwave could disconnect him. Real ghetto internet I know, but mine has always been cool)

It sounds like it will sell well and be a good game, but I must say it doesn't seem to be adhering to what I always considered to be the Halo "style" ... Mind you I realised that from Reach, so I guess Halo 3 was more of a blip than any other game in the series.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Fuck this shit. They needed to drop all armour power-ups, not add more.

Random weapon drops, instant spawn and joining games halfway through? Leave that crap out of it as well.

New studio screwing over the alternative to CoD by making it more like CoD, because fuck the fans.
This all seems to lead to a game that'll be good for newcomers but won't hold any long term interest, as there is no incentive to getting good.

No map controlling, no weapon timing etc.

And to all who think that a bad team being able to beat an experienced team is a good thing, kindly fuck right off. MLG shouldn't even pick this up for their leagues.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
You know, these aren't really that massive changes. It's not becoming more like CoD, it's just changing. The series continually tweaked its gameplay across every installment, and 343 is continuing the trend. Good for them.

Besides, I actually like the way this sounds. I was pretty unenthusiastic when they first announced 4, but pretty much everything I've heard them say about it has made me interested. There's a chance these guys really get how to do it right.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
I like the no weapon spawn camping, drop in matches, instant spawns, and x-ray vision (campers are fucked now). Now if they could just un-nerf armor lock and fix the spawn camping in grifball, this could be perfect.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
So now even Halo, one of the great competitors to CoD, has dropped to it's knees and joined with the thousands of others faceless titles that feel the need to carve out MW elements and insert them into their own game.

And buying power within the game? Classy move, very classy.

Removing Elites from even just the custom games? Well, Elites would cost an extra couple of bucks to make so they're out.

Oh well. Lucky for me I stopped caring about Halo when Bungie had the dignity to let it's ip rest in peace. Leave it to Microsoft to dig up its decaying corpse and smear some cheap lipstick onto it in an attempt to squeeze out more money until nothing is left but a pile of dust...and shame.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
oZode said:
Don't get me wrong, I am fine with change. it is just that the names of things make me go, "Really?". Spartan Ops, Spartan Points, Spartan mexican foods, I seriously hope they are just place holders.

Although it is a matter of time before people start calling this game "Halo of duty 4" either way.
I know, this is madness! (hint)

Seriously though, these names suck, but its better than the other crappy names other games have gotten. Can't they just call them "experience points" or "points"?

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
It will not be as bad as its sounds. It has already been confirmed that certain things like 'random' spawns are not entirely accurate and some aspects of the multiplayer has already changed from that build.

I am actually open to most of it. The thing that bothered me the most was the aspect of "random" spawns which has been debunked. Likely the "random spawns" are likely just making a bigger event of power weapons spawning in. instead of just poofing into existence there might be pods that drop powerweapons that will let new players know that something important just spawned in but the timers and weapon placement is fixed./theory.

As for the "instant respawn" it could have been a number of things. It could have been there was just no normal timer to keep the transition more smooth, it could be it was instant respawn at time of writing and has since changed, or it could also just have been in place to let the GI people get as much actual playtime in as possible.

People just need to be patient and chill.

Other aspects such as Elites, while it would have been nice to have them we have lived without them before. And just because there are no elites doesn't mean that the primary set of enemies in Halo 4 are not playable. Whatever the new enemies are could take the place of Elites in this case. The covies are not the primary enemies and I can't wait to find out what they are going to be.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
oZode said:
Soooo, the only things you have against it are the names? They seem to be doing pretty good then :p

I happily welcome these changes with open arms. They took the previous idea to its max in reach, so a change is needed to stop it being stale. Those complaining about the spawning? Fuck off, map control and spawn camping is a dick move anyway. Its no fun AT ALL to be on the receiving end of it.

I swear half the users on this site are hipsters. Always complaining about changes, but then complaining when things stay the same. People cant win these days.

Scrapping firefight im fine with too. They took it as far as they could in reach so spartan-ops may be quite cool. Every game has a horde mode now, its not special any more.

My interest in the game has gone up :)