That One Boss Fight...

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Simply put. Lu Bu.

Seriously. He's not supposed to be defeated most of the time.

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
Final Fantasy VI: Kefka
Final Fantasy VII: Lost Numbers
Final Fantasy VIII: Tonberry King
Final Fantasy IX: Some boss early on, haven't played that game in FOREVER
Final Fantasy X: Seymour Flux and Yu-Yevon

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
Anything with a novel or original tactic for fighting them

Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Solid
The End - Metal Gear Snake Eater

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
The 7th colossus from Shadow of the Colossus- I remember it actually terrified me playing it (still does)
I have a huge fear of deep, empty water where something that huge could lurk. Captured the feeling well

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
At risk of being very, very cliché....
Super Metroid Mother Brain for the awesome fight with a very emotional scene in it. And the ultra beam is awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFz3aF1kw5k&feature=related
Resident Evil: The Tirant... what can i say it simply marked me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONMJ3iVd1Gs

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'd say either the Hydra in God of War or the Berserker in Gears of War.

Both featured smaller, mortal beings fighting something far larger then them. The most memorable part of the former was it was the first time I ever used the mast of a ship as a killing weapon. The Latter will be remembered because of terror I felt when the Berserker first broke through the wall and charged at me. When something like that distills fear into you, then you know the developers did something right.

In a less positive light, the final boss of Fable 2, simply because of how big of a disappointment it was.

Nosense

May 24, 2010
StBishop said:
Simply put. Lu Bu.

Seriously. He's not supposed to be defeated most of the time.
Yea in most encounters he is literally invincible!

The one Boss fight that I could never beat, and ultimately gave up on trying to beat was Mizar from Jet Force Gemini on the N64. You think Lu bu is bad, that boss fight should be labeled as cruel and unusual punishment.

Rooker

Jul 12, 2009
Gotta agree with the Ares battle in GoW...except I never played higher than easy and Ares was STILL cheap as hell! What the hell are you playing on God Mode for you masochist!?

The FFX Boss Fight I liked was the Aeons sequence of battles with Yu Yevon. Pissed me off too. I chose to throw out my best ones first to get them over and done with and then just go ape shit on the rest and Yevon himself.

I also enjoyed a lot of the fights with Kameo's different bosses. Not all that spectacular in mechanics of how to beat them, but it was still fun to do. The final boss was interesting too. More for the pre-battle dialogue rather than the fight itself. The Fight was just frustratingly long.

Mizar? Is that the son of a ***** at the end of that mission where you're riding on a platform down a tunnel filled with liquid metal (or magma...I'm not really sure what was there) where he kept spewing explosive larvae everywhere?

UltimateHorseradish

Apr 27, 2010
DMC3, the final Vergil,and I was really good with the royal guard style. To see Vergil's katana flail nearly out of his grasp from a perfect block/counter. The scene was perfect too, the edge of oblivion, etc.

From Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, even though they weren't story bosses I felt the Ryu clones were tuff and tough.

Night Terror from Soul Calibur 3... I'm pretty sure that has to be up there somewheres...

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
While I was clinging to the mossy wing of a giant stone bird as it soared through the air at high speeds in Shadow of the Colossus, I dropped my controller and fell off.

Diet Chaos

Aug 21, 2009
The first boss fight that comes to mind is the Final Hazard from Sonic Adventure 2.
LIVE AND LEEEEARN
HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMMOROW
LIVE AND LEEEEARN
FROM THE WORDS OF YESTERDAAAA-AAAAAAY

Okay, I'll stop now, but hot dog, that theme will always be a part of me.

dabronc7

Jul 16, 2009
Alpha 152 from DOA 4.

It's god awfully annoying to have someone teleport away during the middle of my combo and then immediately hit you with a three hit combo that knocks you to half health. I swear it took around 10 tries each time I needed to beat her, even then I would win by pure luck.

Creepy Woodsman

Jun 7, 2010
I'm gonna go with the last boss from Just Cause 2, only because it's the only boss I've fought while standing on a nuclear missile. That, and it's impressive how many rounds he can take to the face with no visual wounds.