That one game you just keep going back to

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Mount & Blade: Warband. I've clocked in over 1,000 hours into this by now. Around half in single player, and half in multi player. Though I play it less now than before, it's still an incredibly addictive game, especially when you finally start getting good online. I'm curious as to whether Bannerlord will draw me in to the same degree.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Civilization in one form or another is the one game that is found on every computer I have ever owned and any other platform that will support it. I love them all. Currently I alternate between 4 and 5 (The stark differences make them wildly different but equally good games.)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Lots and lots of RTS for me. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance probably gets the most love (and the most modding), followed by Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion... but I still go back to Starcraft (the first one), Age of Mythology, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Dawn of War (again, first one only), Command and Conquer Generals, Battle for Middle-Earth (usually the second one), et cetera... depending on who wants to play or if I'm just passing time solo.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Dota 2. I'll play a game or two, close it, fiddle around on my laptop for a bit, then I'll find myself firing it back up again for more games.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
lunavixen said:
Neverhoodian said:
Someone likes Brentalfloss :D

I keep going back to FTL, it's so addictive, and it's even worse now that I have it on my tablet too >.<
I've sunk 104 hours into it, and that's just on PC, breaking away from it is really difficult, it's regained my favour with the advanced edition stuff.
Guilty as charged.

Yeah, FTL's a good one. It's easily one of the best purchases I made in recent years considering what I paid for it ($3 during a Steam sale). Dare I mention that there's a bunch of user-created content as well to further increase the replay factor? The most impressive one of the bunch is the Captain's Edition [http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663] mod. The sheer amount of content it contains essentially makes it a second unofficial expansion.

Aug 1, 2010
Call of Duty 4 and World at War.

Both games are just so well balanced while still being interesting. I go back and play for a few hours every few weeks because they're simply so enjoyable.

It's a shame the series had to go where it eventually did.

Liquidprid3

Jan 24, 2014
Super Hexagon. I've already beaten it, and I've gotten decent times on all the levels, but I just keep going back and playing it. It's an excellent game to just get lost in for about an hour, and it's still super intense fun. I wanna get really high on the leaderboards. As I've never done something like that.

CyberSinner

Apr 21, 2014
Oblivion has a special place in my heart. Kingdoms of Amular and Dragon's Dogma though to be fair I beat it once.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, I beat once, then it does a Ghost and Goblins on me, and then I moved so I had to go back to beat the game so I can do the Dark Arisen stuff.

syaoran728

Aug 4, 2010
Every two years or so I did through my stuff to find my copy of Freelancer, reinstall it, and play it for a while before going back to the other games I was working on.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Contagion and Minecraft.

FOC I tend to play it's single player more often than I'd love to play Multiplayer if it wasn't for hackers (mostly Russian) screwing the fanbase away from it, but still I hope to gather more TF friends sometime and play some co-op modes.

Contagion because I've been playing it since beta and now it's fully released it's still getting new patches and additions made to it and it's gradually getting better but still needs more players since it's a player only driven game and has no singeplayer offline mode (that I'm aware of).

Minecraft because it still hasn't bored me completely to death, I love playing alone for survival and sometimes creation, playing with my guy on his server (A nice spending time moment non competitively) and playing on various survival servers like The Minecraft Noob Adventures server (popular thanks to the Youtube series).

Mentions go to Assassins Creed II since it;s still my favourite Creed game so far (disliked III and don't see myself buying IV), Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 (vanilla & modded) and the Supreme Commander series along with C&C Generals.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
If it counts, the Total War franchise. If I have to pick one Medieval II, I suppose. It's kind of therapeutic pushing my metaphorical chess pieces around and administrating my empire. I also enjoy abusing arrow, bridge and spear tactics.

Majorlagger

Feb 10, 2010
Deus Ex. This game is just SO good. its well done its clean, everything seems balanced and reasonable. Love it, Deus Ex 2 invisable war however... we wont mention that spawn of satan...

That and DotA 2/DotA. well over 2000 hours on the two combined and i still play 5-20 games a week...

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Guild wars 2. I take breaks, my most recent one being about 5 months without playing it at all, but I always come back to it. Usually after I try some other mmo and realise what I am missing.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Only one?

I recently played through Resident Evil 4 again for what must be the 20th time by now. And I probaly replayed The Last of Us 5 times in the 4 months since it was released.

Then there's Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, inFamous, Okami, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, and Ratchet and Clank. I squeeze my favourites dry. And no matter how dry I think they are, I always manage to find some more juice inside.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City.

I've beaten both of those games that many times I've lost count. I just don't get sick of them.

Borderlands 2

I put hundreds of hours into it on 360, got multiple characters to Level 50 (or damn close) and never got bored. Got it on PC now and I'm still playing it.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Dark Souls. Thank god the second one came out, things got really out of hand with the PVP aspect of the game.

"That was a fun dualing sesh, but now i'm in the mood for Red Dead Redmp-"
Dark Souls: "*****..."
"Sorry honey..."

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Final Fantasy IX

I finish the game about once a year and I'm still not getting tired of it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
FTL - I'm stilling playing a couple of years later.

Borderlands 2 - I have over 400 hrs logged into that one (but not since Xmas)

Mass Effect trilogy - Just finishing a new playthrough (number 8). I may have to delete that one to stop.

Crysis (1) - I don't know what happened with the next ones but the first was incredible. Gave that Deus Ex feeling of multiple ways to get through

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
There are really only two games that I have ever gone back to to replay. It's really just not something I do, so a complete rarity to replay a game, for me.

For singleplayer it would be Prototype. I have played through the full story 3 times and, as I said, any replaying for me is strange so 3 seems a lot to me. I don't know what it is about that game, but it's just fun to play, so maybe that's just been enough on its own.

For multiplayer it would be Civilisation 2. That is the only game I've reinstalled to go back to for multiplayer reasons and it is only to play with family. My sister and my brother still get a kick out of playing that game together, so every now and then, when we meet out, we tend to drill out a few sessions in game.

Honourable mention: I almost replayed Mirror's Edge once, but I wasn't really interested on playing through the same content. I guess I wanted another experience like that, but don't really know where to turn. Really, I'd just like a Mirror's Edge 2, which I believe they are supposedly working on, so if that's true, hopefully that will be good.