That Unforgettable Nightmare

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
I vividly remember a dream from when I was 5 years old. I was at a resturant completely alone and I was eating something. Facing me accross the table was a poisonous ostritch. Now I don't excactly remember how it was poisonous. Now when I think about it, it's more hilarious than nightmarish. Still it scared the shit out of me, when I was young.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Just falling down, landing and that again and again.

The worst part was that it was in somewhere with blood-red darkness and there was feedback from my muscles, so I felt the pain of landing on something totally flat again and again.

There was this one, after a bout of Persona 4 where I was in a place that was a strange mash-up of my dad's house and my mum's house and something sinister. If I was ever thrown in the TV World, that would be where I would land. I would find myself shrinking into nothingness.

Feb 24, 2011
ever since i've watched child's play (you know , the movie with the murderer that's trapped in a doll) at the age of 2 maybe 3, i've had a fear for those dolls that are smiling/grinning at you.
so i have this recurring dream where i'm running through a forest and just before i reach the end i trip and fall on the ground. when i open my eyes a doll just like i described before is standing infront of me with a murderous gaze and he just stands there, looking at me until i wake up.
everytime i have that dream i'm to afraid to move, damnit why did they make that movie? :(

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I've never had any nightmares, or if I've had one it wasn't significant enough for me to remember it.

I don't know, I do have dreams that I think are supposed to be scary.
But my brain keeps messing it up and just make them weird instead.

Like that dream where a horrifying beast was living in a pitch black tunnel that we had to go through in order to escape whoever was after us. It's eyes started glowing as we neared the entrance and it leaped right at "me" (it wasn't actually me) only to lay on top of "me" for hours, just pinning me down. The people "I" was with just stood there and periodically asked if "I" was ok, while I just lay there not really caring about anything.

Or the dream where a vampire was scaling an apartment building, coming closer and closer to the room I (that time it was me) was sleeping in. When she finally found me she started sucking my blood. I could feel it, it was like every vein in my body was burning, a searing heat coursing through my entire being.
Then I woke (in the dream) and we started talking like nothing had happened. When the topic of the moon came up she said she would take me there and we started flying up, but when we flew to high the sun came into view and she burned up.
I started falling and then immediately landed in a lake because I wasn't that far up I guess.

I think those dreams had the potential to be scary but something stupid always happens.
Like the, "Oh no, my friend who's become a zombie has grabbed on to me and is trying to bite me!" dream.
But oh, I guess I only care enough to half-heartedly struggle while having a completely blank look on my face.

Oct 10, 2011
Before you read, listen to Bouree by Jethro Tull and think of the image it brings to your mind.

I was answering my door, and thiers a man in a red buisness suit standing with a huge grin on his face, whistling. I promply lock my door and run inside, but to my horror, he is somehow already inside, standing there and whistling. I then run to the other side of the house, lock the door, then realize hes in there with me, still whistling. Then, i start walking towards him, unable to stop, and then I wake up. Im pretty sure he was whistling the intro to Bouree by Jethro Tull.
Another creepy thing is that when I showed my friend the song, before telling him my dream, i asked him to describe what image came to his mind. He said a man in a black buisness suit with a giant smile that is holding a butchers knife. Really fucking creepy.Now whenever I hear Bouree I pretty much have a panic attack.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I remember one where I was sleeping on my bed and in the darkness something started to pull my sheets off... But then again could have been a ghost. Gotta call the Ghostbuster someday...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
You guys will love this.

It's an island, brown dirt with dead grass, surrounded by turquoise water. There's natural rock arches everywhere.

On the island is a huge maze made of crystal.

And there's a way off the island on the other side of the maze.

And there's a psycho killer shooting me in the face over. And over. And over. And over. And every time I'm shot, it starts over.

The reason I remember it so well is because it went on forever. I felt like I was there for dozens of hours.

Here's the part where it almost turns into creepypasta:

I woke up when I escaped. I was trapped in the crystal maze, being hunted down, and I WOULD NOT WAKE UP until I won. Of course, my inner worrywart continues to ask "What if you never got out?"

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
The closest thing to a nightmare I can actually recall happened about a year ago.

I had just finished a marathon session of Marble Hornets and looking up all the info I could on the Slenderman.

One night I had a dream where I was standing on some sort of cobblestone road in an abandoned town square.

Across the square from me, just standing there, was Slenderman himself.

At this point I didn't really know what to make of it, but I knew that I couldn't run from or fight him so I did the only rational thing that came to mind at the time. I walked up to him, looked him straight in the face, and extended a hand which he promptly shook.

I like to think we came to an understanding that night, and since then I've looked at just about anything Slenderman related with a much less fear and more humor.

So...yeah, I don't know if that really counts or not, but it was interesting to me.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
I had two. The first I was in some sort of mix between a scrap yard and a graveyard, with giant towering piles of scrap. It was dark and cold, and when the lightning flashed overhead the scrap piles changed to piles of bones and skulls briefly. I turn to and fro, calling out for someone, anyone. I notice small movements in the scrap, a slithering noise all around me growing louder and louder. With a final flash of lightning a monstrously large serpent with a giant skeletal head pounced on me and...I woke up.

The second I was at my elementary school's playground and there were various characters from a large number of different shows. Some fighting, some just standing around. I was shouting at one of them a short distance away, when a raptor which was between him and I ran at me and lunged for my right arm. I woke up and my right arm was hurting terribly for a few minutes...It was scary real.

Seaf The Troll

Jul 6, 2010
My worst nightmare was a Year ago. Did not go back to sleep for 2 day afterwords.

The nightmare was that i walked over to my newborn and he had cotdeath. Dam I watched him for 2 days after that.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I had a zombie nightmare recently. It was the first time in a long time that I was actually scared of a zombie.

It started in my bedroom, when I heard screaming outside. I looked out of my window to see a young woman being chased by 3 zombies. She tried to climb the fence into my yard but they grabbed her and dragged her to the ground. I was frozen with terror, unable to help without exposing myself, and I had to watch her het torn apart and eaten.

I snuck out of my room and found my brothers, when I saw the entire house was surrounded. We had to crawl silently around on the floor, hoping they wouldn't see us through the window. The dream ended when we were spotted in the kitchen and the zombies started to break through the windows.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
A few years ago, I was working a double shift at the bar that I worked and I'd come hom and had something to eat and decided to have a sleep before my next shift. As I was falling to sleep, I felt something like the four paws of a cat walking across my legs, as they do when they want to sleep on my bed. That was it, I spent the next couple of hours asleep searching around in a dark room looking for whatever had just walked across my legs.

That was really kinda horrible and the spooky thing is that when I woke up, there was no cat on my bed. So one of two things happened, the cat decided to leave after it gave me a bad dream or my body was playing tricks on me for giggles.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
All my worst memorable nightmares involve me being chased by something thats trying to kill me. I've had them ever since I was a small child and I'm not really sure what that means.

I once dreamed I was walking in the hallways of my school at night with a few students. We were all panicked. We snuck into an office and huddled under a desk. Then a hulking man with a chainsaw burst through the door and stabbed me in the chest with the chainsaw. I remember I could feel vibration in my chest and lots of sick slimey grinding noises. The chainsaw man was laughing the whole time.

I also was chased by a large white pointy eared cat in my yard. He came up through the floor of the basement of my house. I ran up the stairs watching the cat do a sharp turn by jumping up on the wall next to the starts then to the stairs themselves. I ran outside screaming for help, but no one was around. Eventually I ran into the garage and climbed up into the rafters. The cat manage to climb up to me and killed me by pinning me to the floor by my neck with his paw and biting into my shoulder.

I also been chased by a black panther in the woods, I ended up walking off a cliff and falling into an infinite sky.

I think the strangest one was when I was chased by a normal size black bunny. It had to be like 1/10 of my hieght, but it was hopping and making growly noises. I was terrified and woke up in a sweat. My wife said I was "running" in my sleep because I kept kicking my legs.

Seriously wtf is with these dreams.

Aug 25, 2009
Loads.

1. One of the oldest nightmares I can remember. I'm being chased by a lizard man who looks like a lot like the lizard from Spider-Man. I get chased into my old house in Leeds and hide at the top of the stairs, where I can still see the front door. My mum goes to open the door and gets killed by the lizard, who then attacks me.

It was a recurring nightmare since I was about 4

2. Once had a dream my mum got half run over by a steam roller. It was actually pretty darn realistic. Eesh.

3. Had a lot of nightmares about the meccano spider leg baby doll head thing from Toy Story.

4. And my more recent one. I'm in bed, and over the rim of the bed comes the ghost of a drowned girl. Kind of like Samara from the Ring but completely white instead of black haired. Then she drowns me, and I wake up sometime around then.

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
The one that I remember the best from my childhood is being chased around by a supermarket trolley that I just know wants to eat me for some reason. I ask my parents to give me a piggyback ride so that i'm too high up for the trolley to reach me but they don't believe me.

'Twas a weird dream.

Feb 17, 2010
I was in this big-shot condo patrolling the place,so i'm running around mirrors edge style and i reach this corridor where i see this jet black figure waving his arms up and down like he's crying for help a walking to me. I try to run but i'm stuck and he comes to me and I wake up hyperventilating.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
MelasZepheos said:
3. Had a lot of nightmares about the meccano spider leg baby doll head thing from Toy Story.
That thing scared the shit out of me as well!
And it also decided to visit me in my dreams a couple of times.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
While it's not so much scary as it is weird... my dream goes as such:

I was in class (keep in mind I was about 7 or 8 at the time) when they announce we're going on a scuba trip or some such. So some stuff happens that I forget, blah blah blah, we're in the water and our guide is your stereotypical cartoony frenchman in a wetsuit ala Jacques Cousteau.
So, it's a very deep navel blue as we're swimming around and as we're looking at the few fish that are swimming around, the guide calls us over (yes, while it put on the bubbly accent, apparently shouting worked underwater) as he'd spotted and pointed out a large yellow swordfish (which he'd named an Arrowfish, for some reason. Probably because I didn't know the name of it back then, I don't know). Anyhow, As he pointed it out, we were watching it swim from a distance when it suddenly turns and swam very fast right at me, at which point I woke up with a start just as it would have impaled me.

The reason this has always stuck with me was because just as I woke up, I have this great stabbing pain right in the center of my chest (where it would have impaled me...)

Ah the over-active imagination of a child, covering up the real problems of my body with scary images and thoughts...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
The nightmare I remember is a lot less... tangible.

I used to have night terrors as a child, I would wake up feeling ridiculously upset, but I have no idea why.

All I remember is this feeling of pressure, like a pulsing in my head that made my vision feel intense, increased heart rate, it was very strange, made me feel very uneasy, very hard to fathom.

Very occasionally, I wake up with that same feeling and I still have no idea what it is.
I've experienced that. Though sometimes I do have vague memories.

It's always either I'm inescapably slipping and falling to the ground suddenly, or someone I know is being kidnapped, hurt or killed in front of me and I can't move.

OT: I used to have a recurring dream as a kid. My bed would float up through a portal in the ceiling. I would wake up in a big network of ice caves. I'd get off my bed, and explore. Then I'd come into this big central chamber type thing, and be mauled to death by the Fox's Mints Polar Bear.

I'm not even joking. The dreams ended when randomly, I ran, and escaped into a brown stone cavern, containing a grizzly that fought the polar bear. Interesting that some years later, I find out polar bears are the only animal that actively hunt men!

Another I used to have at a similar age that I can't quite remember. From what I can remember, I'd be walking through a dark maze, and then I come out into light, and then I'm drifting slowly down into the back garden of a house I used to live in. Then I walk around for a while, and then walk up to a door. I open the door, and in the darkness, I see something. I'm not sure what. Then I wake up.

It recently occurred to me I may have walked in on my parents having sex as a kid. I accidentally did so a few months ago, and it made me feel way more sick to my stomach than it should have, and I remembered that dream.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I'm not sure whether it's actually a nightmare or not, but there seemed to be some kind of dream involved since the actual video clip is a little different.

This happened while I was awake but is about as close as I've come to having a nightmare, I've been blessed with pretty much no bad sleeping experiences :D

Anyway, I was sleeping downstairs at my gran's when I decided to sneak up to the living room door to watch tv with them - I was pretty young, 7-9ish and had been told it was past my bed time. So, I was watching tv through the slightly ajar door, an episode of The Two Ronnies was playing. It's the one where they find a map in a toy carousel and go looking for what lies at x. They get to the point and, at this point, my memory becomes somewhat confused. I remember there being a giant puppet lumberjack in a red checkered shirt with a bowler hat and really pointy teeth, brandishing an axe which scared the hell out of me. I've since watched the sketch again - it does feature a giant but it's a giant Jewish Rabbi (the joke being it's a Rabbi hole rather than a rabbit hole). Whether it was in fact a nightmare or a sketch that was re-filmed at the time for political correctness reasons I doubt I will ever know, but ever since that night I've been terrified of puppets.