The 00's, really?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
So 2010 is approaching and that means the decade is drawing to a close. Because people do so love to spew out judgements, criticisms, and "old" memories about every arbitrary number of years we need a name for the past ten. It seems that the 00's is the commonly used title for the most recent decade, but...really? I can't be the only one thinking "Wow, what a crappy name." There must be something better to call it... right? So what say you Escapists? Do you have a better name for this decade?( I sure hope so!)

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
The 2 thousands is what I call it.

I hear "noughties" a lot. I fucking hate it.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
I call 'em either the noughties (which sounds like a group of mischievous children) or the two-thousands (which sounds like a band).

But yeah, it works for me!

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
how bout we take it Bond. James Bond.

Double O year

triple if youre feeling fancy

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Birth of Century # 21
or
Year of the Nothing, or the Yes/No. See cuz 00 = 0 which is nothing, 2*0*0*0 is still nothing. 2+0 is still a miniscule number and if you divide 20 by 00 you get....?

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
I only have one idea for it.

"The New Millenia"
Seriously. That's an awesome name for it, and it can be abbreviated to TNM. Good enough pour moi!

ErGo

Feb 25, 2009
Sightless Wisdom said:
So 2010 is approaching and that means the decade is drawing to a close. Because people do so love to spew out judgements, criticisms, and "old" memories about every arbitrary number of years we need a name for the past ten. It seems that the 00's is the commonly used title for the most recent decade, but...really? I can't be the only one thinking "Wow, what a crappy name." There must be something better to call it... right? So what say you Escapists? Do you have a better name for this decade?( I sure hope so!)
Nope... I'm not very creative.

Okay how about ... The Double Digit decade ... yeah ... no.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Century of the Fruitbat.

I don't usually refer to the century in my daily life.

hotdogoctopus

Jun 16, 2009
I think that all the years, contained in the ought's will sound badass, "in the year two-ought-six, people were complaining about what that decade would be called, as if there was a commitee every ten years to decide what it should be called in english. Much to their dismay, there was not."

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Reeper0278 said:
Birth of Century # 21
or
Year of the Nothing, or the Yes/No. See cuz 00 = 0 which is nothing, 2*0*0*0 is still nothing. 2+0 is still a miniscule number and if you divide 20 by 00 you get....?
23?

How about that decade upon which nobody gave a crap? Or the Double O Year suggested by rokkolpo, I hate that slightly less than all the others.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well the Double 0 years is slightly better than... 00's. (I don't even know how to use that grammatically, it's just so weird)