The 4th Annual The Escapist Film Festival Winners Announced

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
Talcon said:
I am so relieved to know Nintendobo didn't win. It wasn't entertaining for me at all. It just makes you uncomfortable. I don't understand the appeal of depressing noir videos, or whatever you want to call them.
That is being incredibly rude to it's creator.

Philistine.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
SAGS is going to be awesome. The rest.. well, I'll let CCM surprise me, but I got enough tabletop roleplaying goofiness in real life, don't need another series about it. All very well produced though.

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
Talcon said:
I'm sorry.
That alone would have been the correct response.

Do not manufacture a conflict. Clearly, your the threatened one friendo.

You insulted well made work in a post without any constructive criticism.

Whatever you choose to say to me in response will not receive a damn thought or reaction on my part. So don't waste your words unless it's an apology to the creator of the video.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Vignette said:
Talcon said:
I'm sorry.

Do not manufacture a conflict. Clearly, your the threatened one friendo.

You insulted well made work in a post without any constructive criticism.

Whatever you choose to say to me in response will not receive a damn thought or reaction on my part. So don't waste your words unless it's an apology to the creator of the video.
Sometimes criticism can't get much more constructive than "it wasn't entertaining". You can't go and blast a person for hating what is obviously a controversial piece of work. The creator of Nintendobo already took the risk of putting the video on the site knowing it would probably garner some hate, so there's no need for you to demand apologies because someone expresses a negative opinion.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Talcon said:
I am so relieved to know Nintendobo didn't win. It wasn't entertaining for me at all. It just makes you uncomfortable. I don't understand the appeal of depressing noir videos, or whatever you want to call them.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and constructively criticize or just criticize with specificity, even if that criticism is outright negative. Personally, I think it was well done, though if it kept that depressive of a mood I can't say I'd watch it.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Talcon said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Vignette said:
I'm sorry.
Funny thing: I'm not really sorry. I would say it again. You quoted me because you don't like my opinion, then personally insulted me for it. Then you expect me to apologize? Piss off.

Nothing I said personally insulted the author. Deal. With. It.

Also: You have an a passive-aggressive personality, so I'm glad you won't respond, because I hate dealing with your type. I am not sorry.
I think you misquoted, I didn't say what you quoted. I was on your side.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Talcon said:
APSunder said:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and constructively criticize or just criticize with specificity, even if that criticism is outright negative. Personally, I think it was well done, though if it kept that depressive of a mood I can't say I'd watch it.
Thank you... I think. Concerning being constructive, I said it made me uncomfortable. I could put up an illusion of constructiveness by rephrasing the sentence "you could have made it a bit less uncomfortable for us to watch". But it's the same message with the same meaning. I don't have to start off a sentence with "you could" or "you should have" to make it constructive. It is what it is.
Specific criticism implies how it could be constructively changed, just make sure the person understands what you think they're doing wrong.