The Alton Brown thread.

duranie

Apr 6, 2009
I am also a huge fan of Alton's. In fact, in 2007 I got to meet the man in Cincinnati OH at the Home and Garden Show there. My husband drove us 2 hours from Kentucky to be there (Cincy is hubby's hometown).

There is nothing like meeting Alton in person. He is genuine, handsome, and wonderful to his fans. I was given a "golden ticket" to meet him and have him sign my "More Food" cookbook. He took the time to meet hundreds of people, sign autographs, and give his fans some of his time. I got both video and still photos of him when we met. When he said "Hi, I'm Alton, what's your name?" I said "scared to death". He laughed and said "I'm the same as I am on TV, except less well groomed." Funny, genuine, and respectful of his fans, unlike some of the Food Networks "chefs". If you get the chance to meet him, you'll never regret it. He's as witty, charming and friendly in person as he is on TV.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
I adore Alton. His shows isnt simply about showing off, It teaches, informs, and entertains all at the same time.

Its a show that actully lets you grow and concot your own creations.

BTW are Elton and Alton actully realated? They look like they might.

Lusperus

Aug 20, 2008
He's not like rachael ray is
"take your EVOL and pour it all on the pan"
me: *grabs a stick of butter*

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I like Alton Brown as well - "Good Eats" is as entertaining as a cooking show is likely to be, and "Feasting On Asphalt" was great too. His scientific and historical takes on the food he's making are very interesting.

Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay, on the other hand, seem like a couple of douches, to me (although I will admit, I'll always have a soft-spot for old-school Rachael Ray, back when she was still pretty hot >_>)

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
I am an Alton Brown fan, and I do agree with the person that said he's kind of like Bill Nye.

His show is really the only thing I still watch on Food Network. Giada (Forget her last name, but I know she used to do a show called Everyday Italian. I think it's called something else now, though...) is cool too, because I'm a sucker for Italian food.

Prideful Heretic

Mar 20, 2009
I like him cause he shows you whats going on at a atomic level like how caramel is formed and why soda is bubbly.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Delta4845 said:
I like "Good Eats"
Reminds me of Bill Nye...
Yep! He's seriously that awesome.
He's the only male on Food Network that I like. Well, Bobby Flay is OK, but I'm not much for the types of food he makes.

And is it just me, or does the camera lens on Giada's cooking show make her head look huge?

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Erana said:
Delta4845 said:
I like "Good Eats"
He's the only male on Food Network that I like. Well, Bobby Flay is OK, but I'm not much for the types of food he makes.

And is it just me, or does the camera lens on Giada's cooking show make her head look huge?
So what, she has good character and actully looks nice.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Lazzi said:
Erana said:
Delta4845 said:
I like "Good Eats"

So what, she has good character and actully looks nice.
That's not what I was saying. I love her shows, its just that I was wondering if I was the only one to see that.

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
He is awesome, I LOVE him. His show, Good Eats, is entertaining and still get the facts out. He teaches how to cook things in a way that doesn't make you[mostly me] feel like an idiot.
I love the mini-facts that show up throughout the show because those are things that actually interest me.
I wonder if he's married?
Edit: He is...

AND HE HAS A GREEN IGUANA NAMED SPIKE!