The amazing spider-man game

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
so im a huge spiderman fan, cant wait for the movie, and the fact that the game is set AFTER the film and its free roam, im deffinitly getting it! but im just wondering what everyones opinion about the game is?

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
I bought the game yesterday, loved it. I already sung its praises in another thread, linked below.

The short version: It's comparable in quality to Arkham City in my opinion. Tight combat, good voice acting, a lot of fun to play, decent story though it is a bit spoilery for the movie. Only down side is that the boss fights can be a bit repetitive, though the robot fights you don't notice it as much as you're busy running for your life half the time. Also ceiling crawling messes with your perspective and makes it hard to angle the camera well, but you can adapt to it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.379872.14926389

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Nerexor said:
I bought the game yesterday, loved it. I already sung its praises in another thread, linked below.

The short version: It's comparable in quality to Arkham City in my opinion. Tight combat, good voice acting, a lot of fun to play, decent story though it is a bit spoilery for the movie. Only down side is that the boss fights can be a bit repetitive, though the robot fights you don't notice it as much as you're busy running for your life half the time. Also ceiling crawling messes with your perspective and makes it hard to angle the camera well, but you can adapt to it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.379872.14926389
Thanks for responding! this makes me really happy to hear, ill pick it up after i see the movie and have money!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I thought it looked pretty good, Criware will do that. Of course I'm a little short on funds after I had to replace my controller (I didn't break it out of anger the R2 trigger is really loose and makes me shoot when air touches it). But next month I look forward to playing it.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Had it preordered, it's arriving on Friday xD
do please let me know what you think of it!
Webswingig is fun as fuck, the combat can feel a little awkward on times, and collecting comics is actually quite addictive

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's actually pretty solid mechanically, I get the heeling they just reskinned Arkham City but hey it's a good way to start.
The rest however is pretty flat, story and characters or about a fan fic level so for $60 this is a hells no.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Watching SSoHPKC's lets play on youtube, looks suprisingly fun and reminds me of the excellent Spiderman 2 game.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Gordon Freemonty said:
Wow, that's awesome to hear. Think I'll pick it up when it drops on PC. Is it as good as Spiderman 2?
It's better.
All the joy I experienced at swinging through the city in Spider-Man 2 is back, and better than ever. The indoor combat stealth bits can get a bit bland at times, though the combat itself is solid and has a distinct Arkham vibe to it.

Beenox has done a wonderful job of replicating Spidey's swinging through the city, and I eagerly await to see what they do with future Spidey titles.

Seamlessly zipping into a web rush mid-flight, then breaking into a swing before you reach the wall is exhilirating

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Keen to get it but will it live up to my love for spiderman 2 =)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Rastien said:
Keen to get it but will it live up to my love for spiderman 2 =)

OT: I don't think I've played any other spiderman game except the one for the Sega Mega drive...

I remember starting off where someone is trying to rob an old lady...

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
It's better.
All the joy I experienced at swinging through the city in Spider-Man 2 is back, and better than ever. The indoor combat stealth bits can get a bit bland at times, though the combat itself is solid and has a distinct Arkham vibe to it.

Beenox has done a wonderful job of replicating Spidey's swinging through the city, and I eagerly await to see what they do with future Spidey titles.

Seamlessly zipping into a web rush mid-flight, then breaking into a swing before you reach the wall is exhilirating
is it true that his webs stick to the sky? o_O

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Aarowbeatsdragon said:
Sean Hollyman said:
It's better.

is it true that his webs stick to the sky? o_O
Yes, but didn't they always do that?

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
ruedyn said:
Yes, but didn't they always do that?
not since before spiderman 2. in all the games since spiderman 2 you could only swing around if there were tall buildings near and you actually see his web attach to the buildings, but ive heard with this one, he just puts his arms straight up and doesnt connect to buildings, he cant swing around when there are only small buildings which makes sense but still...thats what ive heard anyway.