The Ashlanders - Chapter 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit (Closed, Started)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
[HEADING=2]The Ashlanders[/HEADING]​
[HEADING=3]A Post-Apocalyptic Space Western![/HEADING]​

Welcome to "The Ashlanders", an RP about bandit raids, train robberies and good old fashioned wasteland warfare! This RP's best served with some funky beats to set the mood and a quirky imagination. But be warned, not everyone's sanity will survive this disaster!

Centuries, perhaps even millennia after the first humans reached out into the gulf of space they had achieved the unthinkable and expanded across all corners of the cosmos. Their empire was vast and absolute. Then something happened. No one on "The Rock"--as the local folks call it--know what really happened to their ancestors, they just know they're all alone now and have been so for the last 200 years. They sure did leave quite a legacy behind, however.

You see, The Rock is a big ol' dirtball of a planet with a CO2-rich atmosphere. It's an extremely dry and volatile place, with violent tectonic activity and enough ash-spewing volcanoes to cover the surface of the planet ten times over. So why in the nine hells would someone want to colonize such a place? Well, it's a simple answer really. It had a valuable resource, of course! Apparently, deep beneath the planet's crust lies an enormous reserve of hyper-dense carbon so, humans being humans, we naturally wanted to drop a few people off to mine the ever-loving snot out of it! Well, they had robots doing the mining, but we'll get to that!

Fast-forward 200 years after the end of the human empire and you've got a population of a few million stranded on a planet humans were never supposed to inhabit in the first place! Our ancestors, in their infinite wisdom, decided it was a waste of time and resources to terraform the planet. In retrospect, well, that's kind of the reason everything's gone to hell in a handbag (what does that even mean?). Turns out a CO2-rich atmosphere ain't so great for humans, in fact, were you to go outside without a breathing mask you'd suffocate faster than duck reads a newspaper (I don't even know where I get these). People 'round here spend most of their lives living within the several cities and settlements dotting the landscape where they are protected from the planet's nasty environment. Big ol' bio-domes, they call them. And water's a rare sight as well. Plenty of folks have shriveled up like raisins lookn' for a single drop of the stuff!

So kids, what happens when you leave a bunch of people stranded with each other and there's only a few valuable resources lying around? That's right; the powerful take it and subjugate the weak! It didn't take long for an oligarchy of self-proclaimed "nobles" to take form. These nobles live up in their "Ivory Towers" (subtle, right?), enormous structures that watch over the bio-domes below, where they do all their no-good noble things. Though, these days the nobility doesn't get along all too well. You see, the domes need the energy of the hyper-dense carbon to keep going. You run out of carbon and you run out of power. You run out of power and... well, long story short, everyone's going to die. So, naturally, the nobles fight tooth-and-nail over these over sized bricks!

Our forefathers did do one good thing it turns out. "Supernova", the enormous superstructure that sits atop a long-dead volcano of all places, is where all the carbon comes from. It is a fully automated facility that follows protocols centuries old and is run by a literal army of automatons. Their prime directive is to mine and refine the carbon, and then supply it to the humans on the planet. That's it! Anyone who tries to breach that protocol meets with a grim end, so don't try to be a wise-ass!

Now, the nobility doesn't like to actively screw each other over. They marry each other's children together and all that political garbage, so they have reputations to uphold. Instead of sending their private armies to pillage villages and cities for carbon they contract bandits to do their dirty work for them. The market dictates that where there's a demand a supply will soon follow. It didn't take long for "Bandit Families" to appear, organized groups of thieves, mercenaries, cutthroats and pirates who stalked the planet's supply lines. It was their job to hit nobles below the belt at the behest of their rivals. It was all very nasty business. That was until a certain group appeared and began doing things their own way.

Enter the crew of the "Iron Maiden", an anti-gravity ship that wanders the vast landscape of the Rock, looking for convoys, trains and other ships to plunder. This group of misfits has no loyalties and works for no one. They take what they want and give what they don't need to the commoners they come across. It's a tough life, full of danger and explosions, but it's a colorful one to say the least.

And so that's the way things are today. The nobles rule their cities with an iron-fist while contracting bandit families to rip each other off. All the while you've got Robin Hood and Little John going Rambo across the whole gosh darn planet! Things are more unpredictable and dangerous than they've ever been around here.

Oh well, at least I can say I'm never really bored!

You ready for some more info dumping? Is that a yes? Please be a yes D:

The Landscape: The colonized continent is roughly the size of modern-day Russia, but offers little to no climate or geographical variety. The surface of the planet is covered in a vast wasteland of ash, sand and clay. While mostly flat, there are a few mountain ranges in the northern-half of the continent. The air is dry and bitter, the nights are below freezing and anyone walking out in direct sunlight for more than a few hours without protection would be lucky not to die of exposure. It's not a very human-friendly environment. There are a few small rivers and lakes, but the majority of the continent's drinkable water exists in an enormous water table underground. Besides the occasional ash-storm, "weather" is damn near nonexistent and you'd be lucky to see rain more than once a month.

Culture/Settlements: Over the course of the last 200-years the colonists have had plenty of time to diversify their population. There are several different regions spread out across the continent, all with their own unique cultures and customs. One of the only consistencies among them is that powerful noble families rule over every major city on the planet. As the commoners live among their own kind in the domes, a singular culture developed among the members of the nobility... and it's kind of a weird one. Very Renaissance in nature.

Technology/Infrastructure: Only the members of the nobility have access to advanced technologies left behind by their ancestors, though most of them fail to understand how it works. This technology includes things like: superheated plasma lasers, anti-gravity fields, advanced imaging and audio technology. The commoners (and the bandits/bounty hunters) primarily have access to more crude technology that's equitable to the technology found in the late-20th century. This includes: firearms, motor vehicles, trains, plumbing, radios, cooking & refrigeration, etc. However, even these things are considered delicacies to the commoners.

Most of the cities are rundown, though they have advanced facilities that power the bio-domes and large gardens that supply the oxygen they breathe within. High-speed railways connect major cities and other trade-hubs, making them prime targets for bandit raids.

The nobility only cares about crime when it impacts them, so it's generally left up to the commoners to govern and protect themselves. Sheriffs are valued members of such settlements.

Economy: Solid carbon rocks and water are the two most valuable resources available. Instead of cash commoners and nobles alike deal in carbon stones and vendors always have a scale lying around to way your fortune during a trade.

Nobility: A specific noble family has a crest and a court. The crest signifies who they are and their court includes the people who have been elevated above commoner status to help run the settlements. The families themselves function much in the same way that the noble families of medieval Europe did.

Bandit Families: Bandit Families are far more varied than those of the nobility and often times sport the colors and quirks of the region they hail from. Most regions have a dominant family that pretty much runs the show. When out of the domes and on the job, the bandits wear scarves over their breathing masks that sport their family?s insignia. Bandit scarves are a symbol of pride among the families.

The Iron Maiden: The Iron Maiden is a ragtag crew of people from all over the planet united under a single purpose: to fuck the nobility as hard as they can! The mysterious "Bandit Queen", Meredith ?Pixie? Monroe is the captain of the ship and has traveled the world recruiting men and women of all colors and creeds. She's got the biggest bounty in The Rock's short history and her crew would die for her... well, most of them would anyway. The members of the Iron Maiden dress and operate like your typical bandit family, but instead of sporting a special scarf they wear whatever suites them. They are their own people, after all.

Almost... there...

If you've read this far you must actually be interested in this RP! Awesome! If you couldn't tell it's basically some kind of wacky post-apocalypse-space-western. Who doesn't love those?

You can submit as many character sheets as you want, but only the strongest sheets will be chosen. I am looking for about six or seven players (not including myself and my co-GM Binnsyboy) and am basing my selection criteria on a combination of the quality of the characters submitted and player availability. If you don't think you can post at least once or twice a week this RP is not for you.

If selected, I will announce which characters have been accepted into the RP once recruitment has closed. While I want plenty of people to make characters for the main cast (the crew of the Iron Maiden), I want as much variety in the submissions as possible. I want nobles, rival bandits, bounty hunters, sheriffs, commoners, etc. Be as creative as you want! Make up cities, settlements and regions to flesh out your character's back story. Also, you can make a quirky character (I expect a lot of those), but try not to go full-blown-anime-wacky!

Name:
Profession: This is more of a category than anything else. (Iron Maiden) Bandit, (Family) Bandit, Noble, Bounty Hunter, Sheriff, Commoner, etc.

Appearance: This doesn't just include skin color, hair and clothing choices. You may want to describe how the character presents themselves whether it be sloppy or professional. Do they slouch a lot or like to sport stupid grins?

Personality: Try to be detailed here! A well thought-out personality is the most important and distinguishing aspect to a character!

Biography: What your life as been like up until your character's introduction. A good biography establishes and supports your character's motivations.

Notes: Any extra details you may want to add.

Just to cover my bases... all pretty basic stuff... (Thanks Counter!)

1) All participants should abide by the rules of the Escapist forums, wherever possible.

2) I would like to see a variety of characters in terms of ethnicity, sex, appearance and personality. Too many Caucasian males with similar mind-sets results in a rather dull role-play.
2a) Appearance and Personality should be more than just lists of appropriate traits. Expand them into paragraphs, with more detail than just the basics.

3) Anyone who submits a character must be willing to give their full commitment to the role-play. If you have to drop out, at the very least let everyone else know, so I can properly write you out of the story. No-one likes it when ten people are accepted into a role-play and only five are still actively posting a week later.

4) I expect all participants to have a high level of competency in regards to spelling, grammar and post length.
4a) Godmodders and/or god-moders will be removed from the RP upon repeated instances of the offence.

5) To ensure clarity among writers, I request that all participants follow these formatting guidelines when writing posts:
- Italics ([ /i]) for inner thoughts, or for emphasis;
- Bold ([ /b]) if you want to copy over something that someone else said, or for emphasis;
- Please use plain black text for your posts. If people constantly use coloured text for their speech it quite often becomes a jumbled mess, in my experience;
- All posts and character sheets should be written in third person, past tense, where applicable.
- If out-of-character comments must be made in the thread, please keep them within spoiler tags so as not to break the flow.

6) Get Skype! It's a great way to communicate with your fellow RPers. Once players have been accepted they will be invited to the RP's Skype group chat.

7) Romance is allowed between characters - I fully encourage romantic subplots - but if things do end up going too far, I think that it is best if mature content was taken to private messaging, should the involved parties wish to pursue it. The Escapist tries to remain PG-13 at all times, if I remember correctly. Yes, even in the role-playing forum.

8) In the event that player-versus-player (PvP) combat takes place, I expect all participants involved in PvP to discuss the situation at hand and work together to determine the outcome of the combat, rather than attempt to win at all cost, independent of the plans of the others. Previous experience has shown me that a lack of negotiation and compromise has led to PvP fighting degenerating into each side trying to one-up the other, or forcing the opposite side into taking an action against their will, and eventually both participants end up distrusting each other out-of-character.

If you have any questions you can ask them here or PM me or Binnsyboy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Binnsyboy].

Thanks again, and good luck with your submission(s)!

[HEADING=1]Submissions are currently closed![/HEADING]​

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
[HEADING=2]Table of Contents:[/HEADING]​
CHAPTER 1: The Great Train Robbery of 3129 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.19818134] (Page 2)

CHAPTER 2: Divide and Conquer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20029591] (Page 9)

CHAPTER 3: Land of Confusion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20201290] (Page 18)

CHAPTER 4: Women and Children [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20467766] (Page 33)

CHAPTER 5: As the Palaces Burn [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20954091] (Page 54)

CHAPTER 6: The Blind Man's Last Gambit [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.22066955] (Page 70)
[HEADING=2]Current Characters:[/HEADING]​

Note: Due to post length restrictions most of the sheets are not in this post. If the spoiler doesn't collapse into a sheet click the character's name to follow a link to the sheet (usually found at the bottom of the character's first post)

Name: Meredith "Pixie" Monroe
Age: 29 (Possibly older, though she doesn't look it and everyone's too afraid to get clarification)
Sex: Female
Profession: The Bandit Queen. Captain of the Iron Maiden.

Appearance: Pixie may have been a pale little-lady in her formative years, but a combination of sun exposure, ash, and motor oil has made her more tan than a natural redhead has any business being. Her skin is bruised and rough, but bafflingly elegant at the same time. She keeps her red hair in a pixie cut, long bangs swooped to the side and short in the back.
She keeps her red hair in a strange, sloppy style. The front of her hair is kept swooped to the side, tucked behind her ear while she usually keeps the back of her hair in a sloppy bundle tied together by hairbands. Finally, her hair hangs down below her chin in bizarre swirls by her temples.

Incredibly fit, Pixie's figure is a mix of feminine and masculine features. Her lean and curvy nature works oddly well with her well-defined muscles. She also has a series of tattoos covering the length of both her arms comprised of no common motif in particular. Things like hearts, snakes, fruit and skulls are easily identified in the mix.

If there's any single defining feature that's impossible not to notice it would most certainly be the eye-patch resting upon her left eye. Don't ask her what happened with that, trust me, just don't! It is said that many men have lost themselves in her remaining jade-colored eye. There have been many men to throw themselves to her feet over the years, so very few people dispute this legend. When out on the job she wears a sold black scarf that covers the entirety of her breathing mask. It's her oldest piece of clothing and even when not wearing it the scarf can be found somewhere on her person.

Most days she sports an old black flight jacket who's sleeves she keeps rolled up at her elbows, a steel-colored tank top, plenty of hairbands hanging loose around her wrists, tight-fitted grey cargo pants and combat boots. She has a lazy posture about her when she's just lounging around or trying to act aloof, but once she starts barking orders her stance is firm and her voice, booming. She has a very elaborate and exaggerated way in which she moves around the battlefield. Also, she has a habit of hugely exaggerating her body language when speaking.

If Pixie has any particular weapon she fancies more than any other it would be her trusty-old assault rifle, Mr. Monroe. You could fill every crack and crevice of the thing with ash and it would still fire. Beyond her better-half, she's been known to carry all sorts of different weapons with her while on raids including but not limited to: knives, machetes, shotguns, pistols (semi-auto and revolvers), grenades, high-powered explosives, RPGs and metal baseball bats.

Personality: Pixie's hard-as-nails and doesn't take shit from anyone. She'll tell you when she has a problem with you to your face without a second thought and prefers that others do the same. When not in "business mode" she's easygoing and a bit of a loudmouthed party animal. She an avid connoisseur of the world's few vices and has been known to spoil her crew after a job well done.

Whether you're more familiar with her brutal and straight-to-business persona or her party girl-side, all members of the Iron Maiden would agree that she's got very strong maternal instincts. She'd go to hell and back for any member of her crew and makes sure to keep tabs on them at all times. If she's concerned about you, you'll know.

Biography: Pixie refuses to share any information about herself prior to her bandit career. The only thing people really know about her younger days is that she found her adopted 3-year-old son, Axel, (or as the crew calls him, "Sprout") and took him under her wing, raising him as her own when she was no older than a teenager. It's been twelve years and he's grown into a fine, albeit headstrong, young man.

Pixie's known history starts when she found and fixed up the "Iron Maiden". At the time it was unheard of for a non-noble to own and operate an anti-gravity ship. Once she showed the world how effective it was at robbing the nobility blind, well, let's just say she set a precedent. Creating allies and enemies wherever she went, Pixie's spent the last ten years roaming the ashlands, causing trouble and recruiting new blood.

When asked why she does what she does she'll most likely go on about the excitement of chasing down a convoy or the cathartic experience of unloading a successful haul. However, it is clear she has a deep seeded hatred of the nobility and will go out of her way to make their lives more difficult. No one knows exactly why, however.

Notes: It is believed she's from the Boomhower Region considering her skin tone and her thick Texas-like accent.

Name: Axel "Sprout" Monroe
Sex: Male
Profession: Bandit and crew member of the Iron Maiden

Appearance: Sprout's a thin, short tan boy with a brunette mop-top and a modest amount of facial hair (he can't grow much yet). His soft features clash with his enormous grin and large brown eyes, however when around strangers he tends to shrink back into the background. Beyond his big, dumb grin his only real defining feature is a button-nose that frequently gets squeezed by his adopted mother, Pixie.

He's a huge fan of baseball caps (usually preferring to wear them backwards) and, due to his accident prone nature, is usually seen with several small bandages on his face. His ensemble usually includes an old, worn red t-shirt with a kevlar vest over it, torn up jeans, thin grey work gloves and old black sneakers. His scarf is also solid black, just like his mother's.

It's not rare to see a large amount of dirt and/or oil on his face/clothes as he spends much of his time poking around in the ship's depths, watching and disturbing Ruffles while he works. As implied earlier, Sprout is very energetic while around people he knows, but shrinks when in the presence of strangers.

Where Sprout goes his favorite sawed-off shotgun follows close behind. Pixie made sure to start him off on more tame weapons, but Sprout took to the boomstick like a fly to vaseline. Like his mother, he too named his favorite weapon: Georgia. Many of his comrades mock him implying she is the only girlfriend he'll ever get. He typically carries a revolver as a backup weapon as well.

Personality: Sprout's an incredibly impressionable and naive teenager, but at his core, he's a pretty good kid. Always trying to make those around him smile, Sprout's managed to befriend even the most frightening of the Iron Maiden's crew and most of them treat him like a younger brother. Despite her strict and harsh parenting, Sprout practically worships his mother and has gotten himself into many sticky situations standing up for her honor when she's not around.

He's headstrong, brash and quick to anger, but beneath it all he's a pretty bright kid and has a knack for picking up on things relatively easily. In a word, he's a "natural" at about anything he sets his mind to. Unfortunately he's a bit of a scatter brain, so focusing on anyone thing can prove quite difficult.

Besides looking up to his mother, like the rest of the crew, he also tends to follow closely behind the older men in the crew hoping to learn from their expertise. It's not rare that the advice he's looking for happens to regard the fairer sex.

Biography: Being 3-years-old at the time, Sprout doesn't really have any memories from before Pixie adopted him. The only thing he knows is that she found him after his parents were murdered and raised him as her own.

Growing up as a part of the Iron Maiden's crew isn't exactly the best environment for a developing child, but he's had plenty of life experiences for his young age and never tires of talking about the things he's seen and done. Despite being raised a bandit, Pixie instilled in him a very complex moral system that he tries his best to understand and live by. Fortunately, it just seems like it's his nature to be a nice guy, so Pixie never worried too much that the Bandit life would turn him rotten.

Having had a very unique childhood experience he found it difficult to relate to others his age. He lacks many "normal" experiences that shape most children and questions the crew insistently about trivial matters. As stated above, many of these questions pertain to women.

Name: Elizabeth Maribel
Profession: Noble

Appearance: Elizabeth is a tall young woman, standing with perfectly refined posture at a solid 5'10. Due to her sheltered life within the confines of the Maribel Family Tower she has a ghostly hue to her pale skin. Her bangs rest at the top of her eyebrows while the rest of her hair is styled in a bob that reaches just under her jaw. Elizabeth's natural hair is an a bright, pale blonde that almost looks silver. Her eyes, a gold-like hazel color.

Brought up to appreciate their culture, Elizabeth has embraced Noble fashion and always has a strange, new dress to wear. Almost all of her outfits are blue and/or purple and she prefers to wear more practical cloths when travelling. She has a very inquisitive nature about her and she allows her eyes to wander and probe her surroundings. It can lead to some awkward situations, but for the most part she holds herself rather well and has perfect etiquette.

Personality: Elizabeth is timid, but her adventurous nature often times gets the better of her. After spending her whole life sheltered she is always eager to explore or try something new. She doesn't understand commoner humor in the slightest, but is said to be quiet funny by noble standards. Commoners may find her odd nature and naivety endearing.

She's pleasant and kind to every new face she meets and her peers scoff every time she offers a homeless man on the street a few pieces of carbon. She enjoys helping those in need, but understands (wrongfully) that she is above them to a certain extent. This attitude has been ingrained in her and doesn't necessarily reflect on a philosophy she's spent any real amount of time considering.

Biography: As mentioned above, Elizabeth has spent the majority of her life within the confines of her family's tower. She has little experience in the outside world, but has taken a few trips to other cities in the past. Her family isn't particularly powerful, but it does control the Boomhower region in its entirety.

She has just turned 18 and is now of age to marry a man that her older sister had been promised to several years ago. Dio Basilio, a powerful nobleman of the Feroxi region had married her older sister as part of a political alliance, however she had been killed by an assassin three short years into their marriage. Her son had been taken by the assassin (likely sold or killed as well), leaving Dio with no wife and no heir. Honoring their promise, Elizabeth's parents promised her to Dio when she was only eight-years-old.

She loved her sister and missed her dearly, so she was a bit hesitant at first. Now she embraces the idea and is incredibly excited about the marriage despite having only met Dio a handful of times in the past.
Bennie (Rocksteady) Carmine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20160030]

Tsubaki Saburo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20274764]
Name: Eddie Canton (AKA: Metal)

Profession: Bounty Hunter (former "general" (one of three under the leader) in the Wilkes-Vines bandit family)

Appearance: (Caucasian) Tall and broad, clocking in around 6'4", Eddie presents an intimidating visage. His two most prominent clothing choices are a knee length brown coat, and a scarred leather packer hat, the band of which is ringed with the old coins that predated carbon stones' implementation as currency. His hair is black and shaggy, just brushing his shoulders, swept back under his hat. He still wears his Wilkes-Vines scarf, though its Komodo Dragon emblem is completely hidden as the scarf has been made red. Underneath is his compact filter apparatus.

His nickname, "Metal", comes from the bones of his left hand. During an early skirmish as he was rising through the ranks, the bones in the back Eddie's hand were crushed. Due to the valor of his service, the general he served under (whom he would go on to replace) paid the means for Eddie's have to be surgically repaired, using crude but effective means. The bones in the back, as well as his knuckles have been replaced or plated with metal, visible to the human eye. The steel knuckles each have a brutal stud on them. Combined with his admirable strength, the metal fist is also dangerous in a fight. However, he usually wears supple brown leather gloves.

Personality: Eddie is gruff and sarcastic. He prides himself on the effectiveness of his work, but when not on a job enjoys what little relaxation can be found in the Ashlands. His humor is sometimes crude, and often has a somewhat dark edge to it, but despite his roughness, he is very intelligent, with a mind for strategy. He ingratiates well with people, though children have been known to stumble him, and he abjectly refuses to kill them. As a bounty hunter, his skills go to the highest bidder, but once hired, no amount of money will convince him to switch sides, as he is a great believer in quality assurance.

Biography: Eddie came to the attention of the Wilkes-Vines family when one of their members was terrorizing locals on something of a power trip. When the man tried to take food from some nearby children, a teenage Eddie leaped into the fray, resulting in him biting into the man's jugular vein, killing him. Although the man had acted without the authority of the family, eventually their men did bring Eddie in and he was savagely beaten, before being put to work on the protection circuit, defending local businesses that paid protection money to the family. In his early twenties, he acquired a position of some relative authority, somewhat like a Sergeant or Captain, and was a key player in the family's movement to gain control of water sources in the Eastern domes, gaining him praise from the Wilkes-Vines' themselves. He attained his role as a general after finding out his mentor, General Carlos Mendez, who had given Eddie his metal fist, was plotting a coup against the family to seize full control. After a very conflicted period, he uncovered the plot to the family, and carried out orders to kill Carlos personally. He served as a general for six years, before leaving the family for unknown reasons, an act that was more or less unprecedented. After this, he made a name for himself as the bounty hunter "Metal". Only a small minority of people know the link between Metal, and the former General Canton of the Wilkes-Vines family.

Notes:
as well as a large sheath knife. He keeps a small home inconspicuously in one of the Domes, containing a trap door to a hidden basement, containing numerous tools of his trade.

Name: Jake "Ruffles" Miller

Profession: Mechanic/general tech-junkie for the Iron maiden.

Appearance: 5'9, but stocky from carrying around heavy mechanical parts. Jake is black, with his close cropped, curly hair shaved into ridges, hence his nickname. He wears a grey mechanic's jumpsuit that he has customized with pouches and pockets. Underneath, he wears T-shirts that become visible when he unzips the top and ties the sleeves around his waist like a sweater. He is also frequently seen with his mechanic's goggles pushed up on his forehead. He's frequently stained with motor oil, and lubricants.

Personality: Ruffles is constantly giddy, with the exception of when he is absorbed in his work, in which case he is as still as a rock. When he is not maintaining various parts of the airship, he is working on odds, ends and gadgets for the crew. As such, a small walk in area near the ship's engine has become his little workshop, which the others know not to intrude in. Aside from his tinkering, his other hobby is games. Chess, cards, stones. He plays them all.

An aspect of Ruffles' personality that clashes with his bouncy nature is that he enjoys peace and quiet (excepting the hum of a good engine). However, as by far the most experienced and gifted engineer on the ship, it's up to him to keep charge of the handful of what he refers to as his 'mech minions', other mechanically knowledgeable crew members of the ship.

Biography: From a family of eight, Ruffles worked his magic from the age of eleven, doing his end to support the clan by repairing people's filters for a fee. After a few years, he met an airship mechanic for nobles, and repeatedly walked into the man's workshop. Despite being repeatedly chased away, he continued to walk in and help until the exasperated mechanic finally broke and honored the unspoken agreement that Ruffles was now his apprentice.

Eventually, he left his master, signing on with the Iron Maiden, because although tending ships was his dream job, he was tired of doing it for snooty Nobles who cared only for the status symbol and luxury, as opposed to the crafts themselves. Seeing that his Captain loves her ship, he feels more at home working on the Maiden than he has anywhere else.

Notes: While not one of the team's main fighters, if required, he keeps a pump action shotgun, as well as the gadgets he builds.
Whiskey Fifer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20111732]

Bryan O'Lafferty [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20274764]
Lilith "Casino" Valentine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.19757897]
Asad Harel [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20274764]
Alison (Allie) McTavish [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20954562]
The Gentleman [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.19758986]
Amy (The Golden Rose) Turner [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20167878]
Cpt. Katya 'Wolf's-Wrath' Ivanovich [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.22076283]
Florian, "The Padre"
Erik Ablev

Vasa [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20164967]
Gale Havensworth [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20955549]
Rebecca Mallory [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.22075682]
Maria [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20128291]
Jun-young Moon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20274764]
Astor (Jesse) [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.20956126]

[HEADING=2]Dropped Characters:[/HEADING]​

Viola "Gunslinger" Greaves -MIA- [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/540.819530.19764338]

Ruedyn said:
Warren, "Smiles"
Ruedyn said:
Tobin, Aquila, Vergil (Bottom of the Post)
Name: Kayneth D. Vance, (Red)
Profession: Noble, Duelist, Mercenary

Appearance: Kayneth is a strapping young lad, standing at 5'11 with a muscular and robust build. His face usually has a pissed off quality to it, though it's otherwise pretty average. He's largely unscarred, save a small X over his heart. He has his ordinarily white hair dyed red most the time, his pale skin and red eyes otherwise mark him as an albino.
His usual uniform is a vest over a loose long sleeved green shirt, with denim blue jeans and two belts, one around his waist for his pants, the other on his back to hold up his sword sheath. He props his collar up to protect his face when out adventuring, and he wears a bolt of plaid cloth that goes down to his knees, tucked into the back of his pants and belt. He also has a fingerless glove to help his sword grip, and his other hand is injured and bandaged from recent events.
He has two weapons, the first is a red sword, of materials he doesn't know or care about. All he knows is that it's sharp, and that it's hard to break. The second is a magnum, and pretty much a hand cannon, though he doesn't have too much skill with it. It uses explosive ammo, though, so getting hit anywhere isn't a fun time. Luckily for the human race, he only has 6 rounds.

Personality: Red has all the makings of a good noble. He's loyal, refreshingly honest, and seems down to earth most the time. His personal ego rarely clouds his judgement, and he carries a certain amount of pride for his house. Unfortunately, he is highly competitive, and has a pretty mean temper that usually end with duels to the death. He's deeply ashamed of his mutation, and uses a lot of resources to keep his hair dyed.
He has trouble with tact, preferring instead to be blunt and direct with who he's talking to, which upsets many of his fellow nobles. He will not tolerate any disrespect to the head of his family, though he can handle the odd joke about the rest of it for a time.

Biography: Kayneth was born to a large noble family, and he had several siblings. His life became a competition very early on, to see who the smartest, strongest, fastest, healthiest person was. Who was to be head after the death of their ailing father was important to all his children. Sure, he didn't have much of a bid for power at age 6, and being a mutant handicapped him further, but he was too busy having fun to notice the ire he was gaining.

He found studying boring and a tad difficult, but he put up with it. The rest... well, even though the outdoors were hard for him, he was quite athletic from a very young age. Yet, he was most adept at combat. Something his eldest brother noticed quickly. He was raised as a protege of sorts for his Eldest, learning and acting under his orders, as well as building up a loyalty to him. He practically worshiped the ground he walked on by the time he was 15.

This was the year he heard someone insult both him and his brother. He was angry, and remembered something. Dueling, an honorable thing that allowed him to kill without repercussion. He challenged the arrogant one to one, and killed him easily. And he was right! No repercussions for the warrior. And thus, his hobby came into being, and he became good at it. He faced some truly terrifying foes, though the weak minded and arrogant were all too common. Though his brother didn't approve entirely, he came to like his loyal little brother.

He's lived like this for most his life, taking place in very few politics, though 5 years ago, he decided to see some of the world. His brother approved, now that he was head of the family he had other guards. Kayneth went out, to explore his world and learn to better understand the locals. He's also kept up his dueling, and works as a mercenary.

Notes: Ordinarily, he's ambidextrous, but due to taking a bullet to the center of his palm, he's restricted to his right. He also is starting to build a reputation, though it's still rather minor.
roushutsu said:
Lady Josephine of Tigereye -KIA-

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Well, shit, this seems like a fantastic RP for me. It's been a while since I've RPed, but this certainly reminds me of a game I hosted a while ago, The Western Frontier [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.374805-The-Western-Frontier-An-Episodic-Schizotech-Sci-Fi-RP-Started?page=1], something which I may or not be restarting.

Anyway, consider myself interested, I like what I'm reading. I'll have a sheet ready once I'm sober.

Name: Dwight Evans
Alias The Professional

Profession: Mercenary, Bounty Hunter, Fugitive.

Appearance: Dwight is a well-built albeit short individual, standing at about 5'5 with a build comprised of thick, powerful muscles. His small stature give the impression that he is nonthreatening, however despite his diminutive size he is nevertheless capable of throwing a person to the ground without much issue. His skin is quite pale, primarily due to a life hidden behind respirators and thick garbs which protect him from the harshness of the outside world, and is covered in countless tattoos.

A short patch of black hair sits atop his head, measuring no more than over an inch in length, complementing a pair of vibrant jade-colored eyes, which have tremendous black circles underneath them. His face is gaunt and covered in numerous scars, the most notable of these being a gash which runs along his right cheek.

In order to protect himself in both combat and from the environment, Dwight dresses pragmatically, wearing an orange and black custom-tailored suit which combines ballistics-resistant materials, metallic plates, assorted combat gear and leather, which appears to be quite cumbersome, although it doesn't appear his mobility too much. A metal helmet with a cross-hair crudely painted it on shields his head, worn in unison with a respirator and a pair of thick biking goggles.

Personality: The Professional is a stubborn, belligerent and hedonistic individual, whom most find disagreeable. He has been known to have a terrible temper and is prone to violence but, despite this, has taught himself to keep his calm when situations calls for diplomacy rather than blood, his anger instead turning into sarcasm in these instances. The thrill of combat, conquest and the sort is the only thing, besides intoxication and womanizing, that will put him in a good mood, rarely feeling like himself unless he's in the middle of a brawl. He, although striking many as thoughtless, is something of a smooth talker and is more than capable of manipulating others.

Biography: ...

Notes: ...

I've been looking at my calendar and realized that this not a good time to dedicate myself to an RP, I'm gonna be busy with family/community service for the entirety of July.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nukey said:
Well, shit, this seems like a fantastic RP for me. It's been a while since I've RPed, but this certainly reminds me of a game I hosted a while ago, The Western Frontier [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.374805-The-Western-Frontier-An-Episodic-Schizotech-Sci-Fi-RP-Started?page=1], something which I may or not be restarting.

Anyway, consider myself interested, I like what I'm reading. I'll have a sheet ready once I'm sober.
Good to hear! Let me know if you have any questions!

I wish I could have stayed up long enough to post my first sheet so you guys have a point of reference, but it's already 3:00 AM over here and I should probably get some sleep >.>

Dec 14, 2009
I'm actually really digging this :D

I haven't RP'ed in years, but I don't mind giving this one a shot.

Name: Lilith 'Casino' Valentine

Profession: Bandit (Iron Maiden)

Appearance: Fine platinum blonde hair, almost white, side parted in a bob-like style, long in the front, just below her chin and gets progressively shorter as it follows her jawline, very short in the back.

Around 5'7", relatively light build, modest chest, naturally pale skin, although her face is moderately tanned, with pale patches around her eyes where goggles have been worn.

Typical clothing consists of a pair of goggles with dark lenses that sit on her head when not in use, a long baggy linen scarf that doubles as a hood and mask for her lower face when the need arises (also contains air filters for trips outside the bio-domes), a baggy poncho that covers her entire torso, with a parting in the front should she need the use of her hands. A light linen shirt or tank top, a pair of fingerless leather gloves and light baggy trousers tucked into a pair of leather boots.

She only owns one piece of jewellery, a single poker chip, on a necklace made of leather.

She has a thin face with high, rather defined cheekbones, a relatively small mouth and pale blue eyes. She has a clean, horizontal scar, around 2 inches, on the side of her left cheekbone, around an inch below her eye. She has quite a feline look about her, and carries herself with an air of litheness.

More often than not, she will be found with a cigarette in her mouth.

Personality: 'Why is the girl called Casino? You've never 'eard of 'er? It's because she always hits the jackpot!'

Lilith was lucky. We're not talking about wining a few games of poker here, we're talking really lucky.

Like being banned from every casino on The Rock, kind of lucky. Things succeeding when they should have failed, enemies fumbling or faltering when they shouldn't.

This trait permeated her personality, she was laid back, soft spoken with an accent from one of them 'Limey Colonies' as her crew mates would say, and always seemed to have a smirk on her face. This didn't mean she rested on her laurels, she was a crack-shot with her scoped bolt-action rifle, she was once told she could 'hit an ant off a worm's backside'. She didn't know what the hell an ant or a worm were, but she was told that they were quite small. That skill also translated to the revolver she carried, a six-shooter, a very finely crafted weapon, one of the many things she bought with her casino winnings. There were no elaborate engravings, or insightful phrases to be found anywhere on the weapon, Lilith disliked pomp, the weapon was simple, elegant, and custom made to fit her perfectly.

Although she may be banned from every poker game on the Iron Maiden for all eternity, she was fiercely loyal to her crew, especially to her captain, Meridith.

If she had any hobbies, it would be smoking, some say that ain't a hobby, but what did they know? She loved the taste, the smell, tobacco was one of the few things she paid a premium for quality. The only time she wasn't smoking was when she was sleeping or shagging, and she didn't do much of either.

A famous phrase on the Iron Maiden usually cropped up when discussions of sex were had, one that was cropped up when the conversation eventually included her as a topic.

You should be so lucky.

Biography: Lilith was used to being called a cheater. I mean why not? You don't get banned from every casino on the planet without being accused of being called a cheater at least a hundred times. They never found anything, nothing to suggest she had cheated. One casino even went as far as to curtain off a roulette table and force her to play in nothing but her undergarments. She obliged, of course, if for no other reason than to see the look on the owner's face when she won every single high-stakes bet. She managed to play several bets before the owner had had enough and kicked her out, but not before taking her picture to stick on a wall somewhere. That was the last casino she was banned from. She kept a momento from that visit, a single betting chip worth quite a bit in Carbon.

She almost treated her luck like a religion, whispering silent words of prayer to the unseen force that seemed to guide her at every turn.

Lilith was an orphan, as a newborn she was abandoned on the doorstep of a nunnery in the dead-end of nowhere. The day she was abandoned happened to also be St. Valentine's day, at least, that's what she was told by one of the nuns there, some saint from some thousands years old book or something. Anyway, one of the nuns thought it fitting that Lilith should have the surname Valentine.

After a rather uneventful childhood, she left the nunnery at 15 and began her 'life of crime' as the locals put it. The truth is, she didn't commit a single crime, she was just very good at winning money from grown men who never knew when to quit. Eventually, there were no more people in the village who weren't aware of her gambling prowess, and she was starting to run low on carbon. She booked passage on a ship out of that dump. It was very early in the morning when a drunken local recognised her as she waited for the ship out of town. One of the men she had bled dry recently, his drunkenness may have had something to do with that.

The situation escalated quickly and before she knew it, the man drew a gun on her. He was drunk, but not so drunk that she could risk a grab at his weapon. After a few minutes of pleas and bargaining, the man pulled the trigger, the bullet grazed her cheek and impacted the wall behind her, exploding into fragments. One of these fragments hit the man square between the eyes, killing him instantly. Lilith stared at the corpse in front of her as the panic began to rise in her throat, she began to move away from the body but suddenly found herself face to face with a woman. A few silent moments passed between them, the woman had saw, Lilith was sure of it, she had to get out of there, but before she thought of an escape plan, the woman smiled.

'You Lilith?' She asked. The girl nodded. 'You booked passage correct? Follow me, we're all ready to leave.'

The woman smiled, and Lilith suddenly found herself smiling back.

She got on the Iron Maiden and left that town forever.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Nukey said:

Yes, that RP, the one that disappeared off the map during a robot attack if I recall correctly, and that Broken Orange was going to take over, and when that feel through, he decided to start work on an RP of his own, something to do with Vampires I think.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Evrant said:
Nukey said:

Yes, that RP, the one that disappeared off the map during a robot attack if I recall correctly, and that Broken Orange was going to take over, and when that feel through, he decided to start work on an RP of his own, something to do with Vampires I think.
I'm really sorry about that, I had a lot of things planned for that RP...

A lot of things were going really wrong in my life and I had to forget about RPing, in addition to a lot of other things, in favor of focusing on personal issues, and it took a while to resolve things; if you want, I could PM you the full details. Anyway, once everything got figured out, I went to college not long afterwards, and from that point I was a slave to both education and partying.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
This looks really very interesting. I have an idea for a character, and once I've refined it I'll post it up here, which hopefully will be sometime later today...

[sub][sub]If you post one for mine. Ok, I'm joking, but seriously I'm getting desperate now. Help a bro out![/sub][/sub]

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
OK, I got one! Let me know if you want anything altered. :)

Name: "The Gentleman" (his real name is Archibald, though few people know it, and even fewer use it.)

Profession: Thief, Fraudster, Fixer, Assassin

Appearance: Tall, standing at about 6ft 2in, with a good, upright posture. Slim and elegant, he moves almost like a dancer, as someone who is used to getting from point A to point B effortlessly and without making a sound. He has a thin face, with well defined cheekbones and jawline, with small, yet piercing blue eyes. As harsh as his features may be, you'll rarely find The Gentlemen unsmiling, and he gives off an air of only semi-formal politeness that makes him approachable, despite his line of work. In fact, for those who do not know him for what he truly is already, his manner is one of The Gentleman's most valuable assets. He is clean shaven, and the hair on his head is short and neatly parted. Black, but streaked with grey.

The Gentleman's preferred dress style is a little eccentric. He wears a top hat and tails, exquisitely tailored and kept in near-perfect condition despite their dated look, heavily polished shoes, and pure white gloves. He also wears a monocle, a slender gold pocket watch, and is seen frequently smoking a pipe. However, for a man of his profession, being too easily recognizable can be a hindrance, so The Gentleman is a master of disguise, and will often appear in various costumes, his features and gait vastly altered.

He has many breathing masks, of course, to match all his different disguises, but the one he where's with his default look is made of glass and white porcelain, covering the lower half of his face and affixed behind his ears. The air filters are embedded in vertical slits in the sides that run parallel to his jaw, almost like gills. The glass section is at the front, so when he's taking to people they can still see the expressions he makes with his mouth, as it's the only polite way to conduct his affairs.

Personality: The term 'smooth' doesn't do The Gentleman justice. Needless to say, this is a man who's well versed in getting what he wants. Calm, softly spoken, and intensely charming, having The Gentleman's manner on your side can open a lot of doors. As far as he is concerned, he has no real 'friends', but hundreds of acquaintances who all have their uses, and so he is always doing his best to keep as many of them as he can contented all at once. He's not part of the Iron Maiden's crew, not officially. However, he's on good terms (well, as good as terms get with him) with Miss Meredith Monroe, and on various occasions she has hired his services. Meredith is the only person The Gentleman has been known to take on a job for at a discount. On the other hand, he wouldn't think twice about stealing from her, or even accepting a hit on her, if he was paid enough. He is, after all, what he is. How much of his manner is genuine, and how much is simply an illusion that it suits him to fabricate at the time, is a question that will always puzzle even those who know him better than most.

A perfectionist and consummate professional, The Gentleman takes great pride in the efficiency of his work. When he's stealing a valuable artifact. He should be in, out, and away before anyone even suspects a break in. When executing an elaborate con, the deal should be done, and The Gentleman be at least three States away, before the mark ever knows he's been had; and, when performing a hit, the kill should be quick, clean, and ideally untraceable. In this regard, The Gentleman has three weapons of choice. The first is his custom built marksman's pistol. 5.7mm rounds, semi-automatic, 20 round magazine, slim and relatively compact, but with a built in barrel suppressor and laser sight, and with a grip molded perfectly to fit his hand. With this, The Gentleman can score head shots and both close and medium range practically in his sleep. His second weapon is the garrote wire concealed within his pocket watch, sharp enough at tension to slice through a man's throat almost effortlessly. Finally, he also uses a poison dart, concealed within his pipe, the toxin inside deadly enough to kill a full grown man in less that ten seconds, after rendering them unconscious in less than five. The Gentleman allows himself one weakness, one vice from which he earns his name, his politeness. When he steals something, he will leave an anonymous letter in its place, expressing his sincerest apologies. When he kills a man, he will send flowers to the funeral, once again anonymously. He does this without any sense of vindictive irony. In a way, these are his only truly selfless acts.

The Gentleman is getting old for a man of his profession. He's been at this game a long time, and he's seen plenty of others come and go. Over this time, he's developed an intense dislike for gruff, overly serious and hostile types. As far as he's concerned, just because you're a criminal, a brigand, a murderer even, doesn't mean you can't have a little fun. If you can't do your job with a smile on your face, then you should consider a career change. The Gentleman doesn't pick sides. He'll work for Lords or Bandits, so long as they're prepared to pay.

Biography: The Gentleman's early life is shrouded in mystery. If he ever had any regional accent, or vernacular to dictate the class of society unto which he was born, they have long since been trained out of him. He does talk about his early life on occasion, but the pieces rarely sit together. His stories will clash with each-other, often making him out to have been in two places at once, or perhaps a pauper one day, a rich man the next. If there's any truth at all in his accounts, it's trapped under layer after layer of misinformation and conflicting details. Some claim he was the firstborn son of Lord Burgundy, some the bastard son of Lord Worthington. Others tell tales of him growing up as a servant in the York family mansion, surrounded by wealth and status, yet apart from it.

The legends and speculation aside, the first known appearance of the persona known as "The Gentleman", surfaced 20 years ago, in the town of New Haversham, when a man going by that title, as well as over 40 other names and aliases, was arrested for counterfeiting carbon bars (he was trading in bars that he claimed were 65% purity, when in fact they were less than 15%). He was taken to the Sheriff's office and thrown in a holding cell. The next morning, The Gentleman was gone, The Sheriff drugged and fast asleep, the evidence locker empty but for a letter of apology that had been left behind, and the prisoner who had been in the cell next to him strangled to death. It turned out that the counterfeiting scam had just been a ruse, its purpose specifically to get The Gentleman locked up with his target. He had actually been hired by a local bandit gang to assassinate one of their former members, who they had heard was planning to give evidence against them in exchange for his own life. The Gentleman had been promised the contents of the evidence locker, including over 15kg of 85% pure carbon, hoarded by the corrupt Sheriff, as payment for his services. A 3 week, State wide manhunt turned up nothing. The Gentleman had disappeared. It was his first notable success, and it wouldn't be his last.

Over the next two decades, The Gentleman's most coveted achievements have been the assassination of Santa Francesca's Chief Magistrate (done by exploding gavel); the fraudulent sale of 'The Heart of The Rock' (a priceless diamond) for over 1000kg of 100% pure carbon, only for in to turn out to be an exquisitely made forgery; and finally, the break in of Aston Country Penitentiary, in order to spring Black Bill Martin, the State's most notorious criminal at the time.

Notes: The Gentleman is a wildcard. He can help or hinder the crew of the Iron Maiden at any time. He can pass them valuable information, help them out on their heists, hide their stolen goods for them, and even hide the crew themselves in needs be. However, it all comes at a price, and they'd be wise not to trust him as far as they could spit.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Okay, I'd like to get in on this...

and have some great ideas (well, hopefully you agree) for some characters...

but only fair to warn you, there will be three weeks in August when I will be on vacation, and may not be able to post very often, if at all. Could I still get in on this now, and I don't know... write my characters into a kind of long-term recuperation process so that I can pick them up after those three weeks?

EDIT:
Also, I can't get skype. For whatever reason it flatout refuses to be installed on my laptop.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Looks good so far. I see you caught on to the Bebop influence here. Finish it!

NinjaDeathSlap said:
Awesome! Only thing I would say is that you alter any mention of cash to that of carbon. I failed to include an economy section in the setting description, but basically people use carbon rocks as currency. Vendors have scales in their shops and stuff like that.

TheDoctor455 said:
It's no problem. I've taken vacations during RPs as well. Just make sure you mention it when the time comes. Also, if you're character is accepted we'll deal with the Skype thing afterwards. Don't worry about that right now.

GSP66 said:
Cool, but I have one question. Is he supposed to be an ex-bounty hunter turned bandit? Pretty much everyone working for Pixie is considered a bandit is some way or another.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
Name:David Jones
Sex:Male
Profession:Bounty Hunter.

Personality:a hard and scary man but he can at times be emotional even depressed and turns to drink his sorrows away usually with some old friends in a bar, he personally likes using 2 revolvers for close combat, a repeater for long range and is capable of handling himself in a fight hand to hand wise.

Appearance:David has short black hair, blue eyes and tanned skin, he has a well build body with many scars covering them, stands at 6 feet 9 and weights 267 pounds, his coat is black as well as his hat with a few bullet holes and his other clothing is old and worn-out looking.

Bio:David was born in a little town called Refuge sadly when David was 18 a bandit gang raided and burned it to the ground, the gang then kidnapped the only survivor David and forced him fight in arena hellhole called Blood Bath there David fought and fought until the bandits thought they had broken him but that night after the bandits had been drinking too much he sneaked out of his cell and slits everyone's throat open and escaped.

after that mess was all over David returned to what was left of home and trained himself to shoot having raiding the bandits gang's armory he found two revolvers and Winchester Repeater to his liking when he believe he was ready he set out and become a bounty hunter.
OOC: if the bio is quite bad i apologize Bio isn't my strong point

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted son, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!

Dec 14, 2009
Fappy said:
Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted so, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!
I'm done :D

Feel free to tell me if anything needs changing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:
Got around to posting Pixie's sheet. I'll be creating one for her adopted so, a noble and a member of a rival Bandit Family as well. Remember, if you have multiple ideas for characters you can submit more than one sheet!

Looks like the dude in her backstory rolled more than a few natural 1's in a row XD

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Name: Warren, 'Smiles'
Age: 36, or at least looks it. He hasn't really paid attention too much.
Profession: Ex- Bounty Hunter, currently Bandit (Iron Maiden)

Appearance: Warren is a dark skin man, standing at 5'8 with a robust build. Warren tends to come off as unhinged, which is a pretty fair assessment. He has a bland face, at least till you get to his horribly maimed mouth. It was called a Glaswegian back on Earth, and the name certainly holds some charm. He wears his long hair in dreadlocks, tied together into a ponytail usually slung over his shoulder. His eyes are a sleepy grey.

He usually wears his old bandit scarf, a dark orange thing with a crimson blood drop on the end, over his mouth and neck, so as to not scare strangers. Bad for business, after all. He will wear a mask when on duty, plain white with a black smile painted on, and an inverted cross over his left eye.

His clothing, aside from the scarf, is usually a ratty old sports jacket with the sleeves long since removed, with a distinct lack of undershirt and black slacks. He also wears combat boots and heavy work gloves, and a SCAR assault rifle slung on his back. He carries a katana, but prefers his big shooty gun for the sole purpose of "No one goddamn else uses swords anymore." Still, he likes having the option to default back to it, even if he's a bit outclassed by most trained fencers. He makes up what he lacks in training with blood lust and minor skill.

Personality: Psychopath is really the easy way out describing him. He's an ever happy bastard with a penchant for brutality and murder. He has a sense of humor, not always black but that is default setting, and is generally nice to people. He can be a bit of a flirt, but usually keeps up a pretense of professionalism. He really likes money and getting paid.

When on a job, he tends to go a bit crazy, only caring about one thing and one thing only; Upping his bodycount. Shooting, explosions, stabbing, strangulation, they're all in his grab bag. He seems to even ignore pain, though he has a pretty high tolerance already. Roars pretty much become default communication, though he can still follow orders... kind of.

Warren is a self proclaimed satanist, he lives by their creeds at least. He strongly believes in free will and personal liberties, a thing that doesn't jibe well with the nobility. He's also a tad on the stoic side, though his tendency to use humor ruins that a bit.

Biography: Warren was born into a bandit family. That sort of thing is kind of standard, though his parents were rather keen on him following the family business... sooner rather than later. So, Warren was a child soldier. He didn't mind, he didn't know that he should.

He was actually quite good at it, too. His gun was marked barrel to mag with notches, people he'd tagged and killed. Mostly nobles, but other gangs never really got it into their incredibly thick heads to not shoot at the Blood Brotherhood.

He lived loose and violently up until, let's say his 15th year on this earth. That was when a Bounty Hunter swept through the Brotherhood, a one man guillotine punishing his family swiftly. Yet he let Warren live... This was a mistake, naturally he shot the guy in the back of the head the second he turned around, but he felt guilty about it. So, he took on his job, his name, even his sword, and broke into the Bounty hunter business by turning in the Softie's contract. Turns out there was a lot of money in it, go figure.

He worked as a bounty hunter for awhile, punishing bandits, hunting down Nobles... Until one day he saw the most beautiful red head. He developed a bit of a crush on her, and naturally began hunting her crew, as she had just murdered a person he was meant to protect. Turned out to be a mistake, they were quite the badass team really. He was about to kill one, when he saw her again, even prettier close up. He spared the lad, and offered to join her crew. Well, through the gunfire he did, she really didn't stop shooting at him until she ran out of ammo. Then he was recruited.

He was treated like shit for awhile, turns out pointing a gun at Sprout then admitting feelings wasn't the best first impression. Still, he stayed on and earned his keep, eventually earning enough trust to not wake up dodging bullets.

Notes: Warren's family were nomadic, so he doesn't really have a home region, and he speaks in a monotone. Though he is rather fond of slang. He's also a bit in love with the Captain.

And done! Hope it's acceptable, I kind of used Pixie without asking :D

Dec 14, 2009
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Fappy said:

Looks like the dude in her backstory rolled more than a few natural 1's in a row XD
Luck is a beautiful thing :D

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
I haven't tried RPing on these forums, but this sounds interesting, so I'll give it a shot!

Name: Lady Josephine of Tigereye
Profession: Noble

Appearance: She has long red hair with light golden highlights, and the style changes often to suit the circumstances and needs of events. Sometimes it will be up in a bun, sometimes it will be pinned and curled, rarely will it ever just hang loose.

She has brown eyes and fair skin, typical of a red-head. Should she spend too much time out in the sun, her skin burns very easily. Because of this, she either stays within the confines of her home or if she's to go outside she keeps herself fully clothed and wears a fancy hat to shade her face.

Because she is a noble, she has a variety of outfits that she is expected to wear. At formal gatherings or when court is being held, she wears an elegant emerald gown with gold trimmings. When pursuing her own personal activities, she dresses down in a more simple white dress with a brown brown vest over it and matching shoes. The one thing she constantly wears regardless of occasion is a golden pin shaped like a Birds-foot trefoil (which looks like this) with a Tiger's Eye jewel in the center. This was a gift from her brother and it is the only thing she has to remember him by.

She carries herself in a professional manner, again as to be expected. She never slouches or even removes her gaze when she speaks with someone.

Personality: Due to her upbringing as a noble woman, she was taught to listen to conversation and exchange banter with fellow ladies, but discussing politics and noble affairs were usually reserved for the men. As such, she is often seen as polite, bright, but reserved. However, due to her role as heir, the needs arises where she must speak, and when she does her demeanor shifts. She becomes stern, eloquent, and confident. She has managed to impress her family and nobles alike with her words.

The only time she loses her composure is when it concerns matters over her elder brother, and usually this is never witnessed by nobles or her family, not even the bandits that she personally hires. She can be sent into fits of rage or sadness. She knows she has an image to uphold as her brother's replacement, and the slightest mistake could easily tarnish her strong reputation that she has spent years building.

Biography: Josephine's life has mostly been privileged as one could get being born into nobility out in the wild space west. She was the second born and first daughter to a family of four: an older brother who was groomed to head the family, and two younger sisters. She had undergone training and education at a young age to be a proper young lady and prospective wife someday. Her brother was well respected and admired for his brilliance, and the family couldn't wait for him to take his place at the head. But secretly, the two of them discussed politics and plans for strengthening the family. He was the face of the family; she was the brains, and she was content with the way things were.

One day her brother's horse went wild when he was riding, and he was thrown off and then trampled on. He died instantly. It was a tragic event, and it was difficult for Josephine to handle, but she had come to accept it in time. She was now expected to take his place as heir to the family. She reluctantly accepted, unsure if she could handle this role alone. It has been fifteen years since the incident.

As she continued her education, she had come across some disturbing information. She learned of a drug that causes erratic behavior in animals, with the symptoms matching that of the horse. It was then that she realized that her brother was assassinated; by whom was the mystery. Since then, she has taken it upon herself to find her brother's killer. She secretly hires bandits to hunt down any information so that he or she may be captured and brought to her alive. She vowed that she would oversee the execution herself.

Notes: She speaks with an old English flair, utilizing Elizabethan vocabulary in conversation. Basically think of how people at Renaissance fairs talk. Should lead to some fun dialogues!

I hope this works for you.

Captcha: Laugh at me. Well, you heard the box!

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Name: Nicole Cartagia.

Alias: Kitty. (this is all anyone should know her as, unless well... see the notes section)

Profession: Bounty Hunter. Former Noble.

Appearance: Everything about her radiates with a calculated balance of friendly approachability and ruthless malice. She dyes her hair a dark red, and ties it into a pony tail, arranging two bangs on her forehead like a set of vampiric fangs. This hairstyle frames a small, narrow oval-shaped face with high cheek bones and elongated green eyes. One her neck is a small choker with a sapphire gemstone welded into it. She stands at 5'11", with a lean, wiry build. She wears a simple blue sleeveless leather-and-lace blouse underneath a small black kevlar vest. Covering her legs is a short blue mini-skirt over a pair of blue denim jeans. Her feet are held securely in a modified pair of climbing boots (modified to conceal seven throwing knives). Most of her clothing has some kind of secret pocket, holster, or other compartment to hide her various knives. She keeps two desert eagles holstered on her hip at all times. Hidden underneath her kevlar vest is a plasma revolver that she built herself years ago, back when she had the resources to do so. On top of her best is an ammo belt for her pistols. Her gait is steady, measured, and poised - as if to be ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Personality: She's very intelligent; able to cobble together improvised weaponry when she really needs to, but she prefers her guns and her knives (throwing and otherwise). Given her history, it isn't surprising that she's gotten a lot more cautious, almost to the point of paranoia. She's usually very calm under fire, but mention her parents, her former husband and her former in-laws in front of her, and her barely-contained rage start bubbling over. Anytime she meets someone new, she sizes them up one way or another... either they're a possible client, a possible ally/friend, or someone who is going to need a coffin soon. Its simpler that way. She often cracks a smile and jokes around a bit, but despite her best efforts to appear friendly at all times, she's often described a severe woman. She has a definite vengeful streak to cap it all off.

Biography: She grew up in a noble family, and she devoted much of the first 15 years of her life in attempting to understand the technology left behind by those who came before. She'd hoped to discover something that would drastically improve everyone's lot in life, but instead, all she managed to make in that time was a plasma revolver. Shortly after that however, her parents told her it was time to put away her 'petty hobby' and start looking for a husband. Although she resented her passion for bettering the lot of her fellow man through understanding the old tech 'petty', she was (at the time) an obedient daughter and put her pursuits away in favor of looking for a husband. She did eventually find a man that she loved, but that wasn't good enough for her parents, who were already working on making arrangements to marry her off to a more powerful noble family.

Long story short, that marriage ended badly. He was an abusive asshole, her new in-laws didn't really care for her (they believed her interest in old tech was a dangerous obsession that would collapse their entire power-base if she were allowed to continue) and didn't even give her accusations against her husband a single thought. Her parents were no help either, as far they were concerned, her new husband could do whatever he wanted to with her as long as their grandchildren would live in better conditions than they were.

Kitty endured almost ten years of miserably unhappy marriage, but bore no children during that time. Despite all of her husband's... efforts. She was blamed, and the violent cycle kicked up again and again. Until she'd finally had enough and killed the sonofabitch by throwing him out of a fifth-story window and into a dumpster where he belonged. Knowing that neither side of her family would ever support her in a trial, she ran, changed her appearance from a demure-looking mousy-haired wallflower to a confident bounty hunter for hire. She's determined to one day finally settle the score with her 'loving' family.

Notes: Any other noble characters that make it into the RP are welcome to claim to be her parents, in-laws, and even her husband. (if you can justify why he's still alive; pm me about this... it'll be easier to keep track of it that way)

So, how well does this one pan out?