The Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER Review

Kendritch

Apr 22, 2018
Because of the nature of the movie, I honestly don't know how to write a review for this without leaking important information that might even spoil the movie a little bit - so I won't.

To further prevent people from accidentally clicking this thread, I'll be posting the link to the review
instead:
https://letterboxd.com/kendritch/film/avengers-infinity-war

8/10

To sum it up...
the stakes are real this time, more or less. Don't trust what Marvel has told you so far; they are mostly just cover-up to keep the story from being spoiled, mostly. It's that kind of movie. This is Marvel's most ambitious film to date, and I think those who thought Marvel would play it safe will be very satisfied.

I wouldn't say it's Marvel's best movie (Black Panther still takes that credit), but it's definitely up there among the greatest. And this is coming from someone who's been critical of MCU whose only favorites were Black Panther and Winter Soldier.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Kendritch said:
Because of the nature of the movie, I honestly don't know how to write a review for this without leaking important information that might even spoil the movie a little bit - so I won't.

To further prevent people from accidentally clicking this thread, I'll be posting the link to the review
instead:
https://letterboxd.com/kendritch/film/avengers-infinity-war

8/10

To sum it up...
the stakes are real this time, more or less. Don't trust what Marvel has told you so far; they are mostly just cover-up to keep the story from being spoiled, mostly. It's that kind of movie. This is Marvel's most ambitious film to date, and I think those who thought Marvel would play it safe will be very satisfied.

I wouldn't say it's Marvel's best movie (Black Panther still takes that credit), but it's definitely up there among the greatest. And this is coming from someone who's been critical of MCU whose only favorites were Black Panther and Winter Soldier.
There's a fun thing going on in Super Hero movies: Ostensibly, a movie can be a Super Hero movie but done as a different genre. These tend to be my favorite. Examples

Batman: Dark Knight: Crime Drama
Captain American: Winter Soldier: International spy thriller
Logan: Western
Guardians of the Galaxy: Space Opera with music nostalgia.
Deadpool: Comedy.

But to make a Superhero movie that is great is difficult. Characters that should be OK when the story is over, etc.
limits excitement. But Avengers 3 pulls it off. I've never seen anything on this level before. It is a complex story with diverse characters that were likely super hard to integrate.

How can I ever watch a Thor or Ironman movie again after something this audacious and bombastic? It was spectacular. 10/10.
Avengers does it. It