The Awesomeness of Awesome Mix #1 Can't Be Stopped

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
You have to give Gunn credit, he's at least aware of the perils of having good ideas in Hollywood. It does remind me of how DC tried to bring back Captain Carrot after seeing how well Rocket Raccoon was doing (while simultaneously having no idea why Rocket worked and why trying to have Carrot ape him just did not work)

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Gxas said:
JaceArveduin said:
So... What's on it? Haven't had the chance to see it, and I can't seem to find the list...
Ah, and here you are, found in a Marvel article

1. Hooked on a Feeling Performed by Blue Swede
2. Go All the Way Performed by Raspberries
3. Spirit in the Sky* Performed by Norman Greenbaum
4. Moonage Daydream Performed by David Bowie
5. Fooled Around and Fell in Love Performed by Elvin Bishop
6. I'm Not in Love Performed by 10cc
7. I Want You Back Performed by Jackson 5
8. Come and Get Your Love Performed by Redbone
9. Cherry Bomb Performed by The Runaways
10. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) Performed by Rupert Holmes
11. O-O-H Child Performed by The Five Stairsteps
12. Ain't No Mountain High Enough Performed by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
*Not in film
I remember "Spirit in the Sky" actually being in the film. I can't remember what scene it was though. Was it just in the credits or something?

Dec 14, 2009
[HEADING=1]IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS![/HEADING]

Seriously amazing OST, only way it this movie could be better is if it personally handled my junk and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Not really surprised, I myself have listened to it dozens of times and will continue to do so. Can't wait till the film comes to DVD.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
One of the few times I've actually looked for a movie's soundtrack and been happy. Sometimes you'll see song that weren't in the movie on such things. Or different versions.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Trishbot said:
Kameburger said:
Anyone else want this on an actual cassette tape? I really wish they would release one, cause it'd be about as good to me as a CD would be...
They're releasing a vinyl soon...

I'm really happy about this news though. It gives me faith in humanity again.

Also, Guardians of the Galaxy may be one of the best uses of a licensed soundtrack I've ever seen. The way the music actually has a very important role in the film was inspired.
Pretty much my exact thoughts- not only did it use GOOD classics, it used them to good effect on the story-
It was very unique in that the soundtrack was a tangible thing within the story, and a major part of it, rather than just, a soundtrack. As you said, one of the best uses of a licensed soundtrack I've ever seen.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Yeah, I must admit that this album has been the only thing in my cars CD player for the last two weeks.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
90s grunge over buddy comedy is surprisingly close to something I'm writing.
Fox12 said:
"Nineties grunge hits over a buddy action comedy, which he says we aren't likely to thank him for."

...I would be okay with this.

Also, word limit, so something something Guardians of the Galaxy, something something great music.
Or Clerks as it was better known...

I loved Guardians and the sound track was a massive part of the movie. Ill buy this over the weekend. I thought it was being an 80s child that made the sound track so good but I guess its just good music.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
bjj hero said:
Or Clerks as it was better known...
I bet more people fully understand string theory than would associate Clerks with grunge.

I loved Guardians and the sound track was a massive part of the movie. Ill buy this over the weekend.
I would, but I looked it up and own almost all of the songs already. I'd be buying a full album for like two tracks.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I bet more people fully understand string theory than would associate Clerks with grunge
Thas interesting, the sound track seemed an important part of the film to me. I remember my friend buying it and wed listen to it in the car all of the time.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
At least people do still know good music variety is not just a man talking really quickly against a cacophony of noise occasionally being replaced by a woman talking really quickly against a cacophony of noise not unlike the last cacophony of noise.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
bjj hero said:
Thas interesting, the sound track seemed an important part of the film to me. I remember my friend buying it and wed listen to it in the car all of the time.
And I'm wagering you're in the minority there. Hell, the most musical think people tend to take out of the movie is "Olaf: Berserker. Girls think sexy."

Blinktv

Nov 24, 2013
God I feel dumb, I thought that 1 was a 7 in the movie. well at least now I can own my mistake now.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
bjj hero said:
And I'm wagering you're in the minority there. Hell, the most musical think people tend to take out of the movie is "Olaf: Berserker. Girls think sexy."
To be fair I can make time for "Olaf, metal face!"

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
I think part of the reason that it's doing so well is that the soundtrack had actual significance in the story, it wasn't just music put in the background, it was put there by the characters.