The bad boy approach: does it really work to start a relationship?

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
All I know is that if a guy came up to me and started acting like a dick, any thoughts of a relationship - even friendship - would end there. I'm not friends with assholes, so why would I date one?

It's true that there's a fine line between confidence and aggression, but to be honest being a nice guy helps too. I know it seems to be a wide-spread myth that us girls don't go for the sensitive type, but believe me, we do. Perhaps you're crushing on the wrong type of girl.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
Kindness, confidence and humor are what works with me. Girls who like bad boys are like boys who like sluts - usually shallow and not interested in a relationship.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Beating a long dead horse, but it's the confidence that women like (speaking as one). Personally, I HATE meeting socially awkward guys who rely on me to start every conversation or pick the movies every time we go out. A good relationship is about equality, not one-sided worship.

Liiizard

Feb 5, 2010
Short answer: Depends.

Long answer: every girl is different. The first thing you should do, before even thinking of approaching her, is ask a million questions, get to know her. That not only shows interest, it lets you figure out what approach might work. Also, try to be sober. I know, working up the confidence to talk to a girl sometimes requires booze, but no more than a beer or two, or some wine if you want to be classy (which may not be what she's in to, btw.) Biggest mistake guys make is to be trashed the first time they meet a girl. I mean, drink with her once you know her, but try to avoid it at first.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Badboy approach is bullshit in the long run. Confidence is the aspect I should imagine women find attractive and that's something you can take away from it. I'm not suggesting I'm an expert on women or anything, but assuming Stockholm syndrome isn't in play then don't all girls wanted to be treated with dignity and respect?

Yes I'm a nice guy, but I've got the confidence and I used both to get the girlfriend I've got now and we've been together for two years.

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
Girls love confidence, not the bad boy. That is why being assertive is attractive to many people. On a side note, women are not stupid. If you are putting on a "Bad Boy" act, they can see right through it. Dont fall into this trap. You will be a lamer person because of it.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
If you want to get laid, the kinds of girls that go for one night stands tend to be the kind of girls who go for a**holes.

But you asked about having a relationship, so I'm going to say this, and bear with me. 'Be yourself', the reason being, what are you going to do when you get some girl who's into badboys and thinks you're a badboy, but it's all just an act. How long are you going to keep it up? Until she puts out? Until you get married? Until you have kids together?
Screw that, get a girl who you don't have to constantly put on an act for.

If you're having trouble getting girls it's not likely to be because you're nice, it's likely because you're trying the wrong girls. Are you at high school? Girls at school are rubbish. They get better when you grow up and they start being more sensible and not just silly tarts who want to date the football team.