The Batman Question

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010

Basically if you could cast anyone as Batman, who would you want to see don the cape and cowl?

It's sorta a social experiment and lead to quite the discussion over social media with someone wanting to see Janelle Monae as Batman and she replied saying she'd want to play the Joker. I'd personally love to see Monae as the Joker because she is one of those people I feel is truly an artist. For Batman, I personally don't really know who I'd want to see play Batman. Apparently Jon Hamm and Idris Elba were really popular choices and I think they could both be great Batmen.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I want Clint Eastwood as an 80ish year old Bruce Wayne for a Batman Beyond movie.

FUCKING DO IT. Clint Eastwood only has so long to live!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Phoenixmgs said:
I'd personally love to see Monae as the Joker because she is one of those people I feel is truly an artist.
"Truly an artist" encompasses a lot of people who wouldn't make good Jokers, doesn't it?

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I'd like to see in the same movie Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, George Clooney, etc...who else played Batman? Like a time travel movie where all the different Batdudes have to... do something? I don't know comics.

Anyway, Russell Crowe. In my movie Batman got fat and lazy for... reasons. Like I said I don't know comics.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
I don't care who physically wears the cape and cowl, but when they open their mouth, it better be Kevin Conroy's voice coming out.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Phoenixmgs said:
I'd personally love to see Monae as the Joker because she is one of those people I feel is truly an artist.
"Truly an artist" encompasses a lot of people who wouldn't make good Jokers, doesn't it?
I said that more due to her being a true musical artist (as that's what I know her mainly as) in writing and composing as she makes concept albums based on Metropolis, there's few true musical artists in the industry. Based on her music videos and stage performance, she'd definitely bring a unique and interesting physical presence that I think would work extremely well for the Joker.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It's time for Batman Beyond live-action with Kevin Conroy actually playing Old Bruce.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Wintermute said:
I'd like to see in the same movie Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, George Clooney, etc...who else played Batman? Like a time travel movie where all the different Batdudes have to... do something? I don't know comics.

Anyway, Russell Crowe. In my movie Batman got fat and lazy for... reasons. Like I said I don't know comics.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Andy Samberg.

And he's in like a cheap dollar store knockoff 'Bat Hero' Halloween Costume.

Because at least that would be entertaining.

Honestly guys Batman is such a brooding nonentity you could probably just put the costume on a frowny mannequin and the audience wouldn't be able to tell the difference. A lot of people hated Ben Affleck quipping in Justice League but I liked that because like 'HOLY SHIT! PERSONALITY!'.

So yeah as long as he's a buff white guy I think anyone can be Batman, I imagine the casting call goes like this:

'Can you wear this costume?'
'Yes'
'Can you growl and frown a lot?'
'Yes'
'Can you throw a punch?'
'Yes'
'We found our new Batman!'

I just hope if they do recast Batman they find a Batman who can inject a little bit of humanity and personality into the character because right now he is one of the least interesting super heroes to me, though granted that might just be because I'm so sick of hearing about him.

Though it is funny that Batman, Warner Brother's tentpole character who they refused to put down for five minutes to focus on another hero for nearly a decade suddenly crashed and burned in their 'cinematic universe' and Wonder Woman who they have been neglecting for DECADES ends up becoming the MVP of their entire movie franchise. That's hilarious.

Sorry, a tangent.

But yes, Andy Samberg as Batman, and Andre Braugher is there as Commissioner Gordon constantly shouting:
'Batman that's ENOUGH!'

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Dirty Hipsters said:
I want Clint Eastwood as an 80ish year old Bruce Wayne for a Batman Beyond movie.

You're crazy! Jeffery Dean Morgan as Bruce Wayne!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd love to see Peter Capaldi as The Batman and David Tennant as The Joker.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
FalloutJack said:
It's time for Batman Beyond live-action with Kevin Conroy actually playing Old Bruce.
Much as I love Conroy as Batman, I'm going to have to debate that. Great for the voice, but he doesn't have the physical presence the role needs.

In a spectacular bit of irony, I'd say he would be a better physical fit for an older Joker...maybe an older Tim Drake...or both.

...Actually, yeah, I like that. Conroy plays both Drake and the Joker, but Hamill dubs over his Joker lines

bdeamon

Mar 20, 2013
Pete Holmes probably. His Badman skits are great, and I like the idea that the movie portales are how batman sees himself, and everyone else sees a demented, barely good intentioned, rich psycho, leaning more on the side of necessary evil for Gotham than a hero. Kind of like lego batman, but with a PG13 to R rating and taking the piss out of serous Batman. Plus him and his people really knows how to stretch that production budget to do quality work.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Does it matter? You don't go to a Batman movie to see Batman. He's usually the least interesting character in his own movie

Oct 22, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:

FalloutJack said:
I want a Batman Beyond movie. I don't care who will play who. After that, i can be done with Batman altogether.

Souplex said:
(...)Bateman, just for the pun.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Tanis said:
I'd love to see Peter Capaldi as The Batman and David Tennant as The Joker.
That would be pretty interesting and would probably have to mainly show off Batman's detective skills.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Dwayne Johnson.

Jason Momoa

Michael Cera.

And Idris Elba, naturally.

The trick is to cast someone who can play a convincing millionaire playboy and can learn basic fight choreography.