The Best and Worst of Journey Into Nyx

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
[mtg_card=Hypotic Siren]

(...)That you still have the option of playing this one Turn One into an ordeal or if you desperately need a chump blocker in the air just sweetens the deal. It might see play in the Mono-Blue devotion deck and it's a strong pick in limited.
If Mono Blue devotion manages to stay alive without all of the semi-mandatory cards from Gatecrash/Return to Ravnica(which I believe are going out of the Standard rotation), [mtg_card=Hypnotic Siren] is probably going to be one of the onedrops in the deck. It won't be as good as [mtg_card=Cloudfin Raptor] when it comes to curving out, but it's still a flying one-drop that gives devotion, and the bestow could make the card useful beyond being a turn 1-2 play.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
ForumSafari said:
My standout card from the pre release was [mtg_card=Armament of Nyx] for doubling up as pacifism and double strike enabler in the B/W constellation build.
I ended up coming second at my prerelease yesterday, three wins to one loss. Beat the guy in first place in the last round, but he won overall 'cause his other opponents had more wins than mine. My standouts were [mtg_card=Dictate of Heliod] - best of the Dictates, in my opinion - [mtg_card=Battlefield Thaumaturge] and [mtg_card=Hour of Need].

(Special mention goes to [mtg_card=Triton Shorestalker] for the three copies that dealt the majority of damage in most of my games.)

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
CounterAttack said:
(Special mention goes to [mtg_card=Triton Shorestalker] for the three copies that dealt the majority of damage in most of my games.)
This as well, it was amazing how few answers there were to an unblockable creature in that sealed.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
I think that Interpret the Signs is potentially backbreaking in Draft and Sealed. Yeah I would side it out against W/X heroic and other hyper aggresive decks, but against most draft decks it'll be a good amount of card advantage.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Setessan Tactics makes me wonder; can you use Strive to target the same creature multiple times? If so, it's a phenomenal heroic trigger.

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
Souplex said:
Setessan Tactics makes me wonder; can you use Strive to target the same creature multiple times? If so, it's a phenomenal heroic trigger.
There is not a card in NYX that lets you use strive to target the same creature more then once. Even if a spell targets a creature more then once (example common bond from RTR could do that) the heroic trigger only cares that the creature was targeted by a spell you control and not by how many times that spell targeted it so only one heroic trigger.

Setessan Tactics doesnt need that either to be insane as it is already a blowout in limited. +1/+1 to your whole team, giving any heroic triggers and easily wiping your opponents board is pretty good. Also pushing on constructed at least as a sideboard card vs mono blue and other creature decks (sylvan caryatid killing a master of waves is amazing).

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
CounterAttack said:
Aaaaand we have a card that's going right into mono blue devotion, provided the deck still proves viable after rotation.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
I'm suprise there is no joke with "NyxNyxNyx", aka the Dota 2 hero Nyx Assassin who is fanatical about his goddess Nyx. He often says "Nyx" sometimes in rapid succession.