The Best Final Fantasy Stop-Motion Animation You'll See Today

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
*Total around 10 thousand pictures shots.
*Time for the production : 2 month.

For the amount work he did, it turned out really good.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Sniper Team 4 said:
Question. Isn't Sephiroth left handed in Final Fantasy VII?
If you noticed that, you're either the most observant human being in the world, an alien, a robot, an alien robot, or you have too much time on your hands.

Aside: Yeah, that pretty well kicked ass.

What's funny is that I played FF7 not too long ago on my PSP, and.. it actually was better than I remembered it as a kid. Some things didn't age too well, like Sephiroth's lousy characterization, but thematically, he worked just fine. He's an extension of Shinra's reach exceeding it's grasp, moving from meddling in all things earthly to meddling with things unearthly. Frankly, whether he's a Euro-trash goth boy with an oedipal complex, sketchy motivations, and a lame-ass plan doesn't matter; what matters is that he's got the image, that this is what he represents thematically, and that he represents it strongly--which he does.

Everything else in the game, comparatively, is very well-executed. Sephy might be overrated in a lot of ways, but the way the world and its NPCs are fleshed out, there's very little waste otherwise. What really got me was Aeris's stepmom. This one character has a stronger backstory than a lot of main characters in the newer games of the series.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I didn't understand a single word! :D But I obviously don't need that in order to enjoy it. And hey, DBZ sound effects are the best.

It just goes to show that a cool FFVII movie could have been possible. Heck, Cloud doesn't even seem angsty at all. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he looks badass! I wouldn't even mind the fact that FFVII IS overrated (Shut up, it is).

Favorite parts:

-Oley box in the background
-Deadly tripod box
-Aeris' badassness
-Aeris eating materia and not digesting it properly

LEARN FROM THIS, SQUARE ENIX! LEARN IT!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Taping their feet to the ground?... I used to do that too XP

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
o_O

That is the second most impressive stop motion animation made by a single person I have ever seen...

thankyou for sharing that beautiful video with me.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
twaddle said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
o_O

That is the second most impressive stop motion animation made by a single person I have ever seen...

thankyou for sharing that beautiful video with me.
Your welcome! ^_^

It took the creator ten YEARS to make and finish that thing, including making his own puppets, animating it, and having to come up with several new facial movement techniques using strings instead of swapping mouths every frame (that is why barely anybody uses stop motion anymore, it takes FOREVER to do right).

Jun 11, 2008
Beautiful End said:
I didn't understand a single word! :D But I obviously don't need that in order to enjoy it. And hey, DBZ sound effects are the best.

It just goes to show that a cool FFVII movie could have been possible. Heck, Cloud doesn't even seem angsty at all. In fact, I'll go as far as to say he looks badass! I wouldn't even mind the fact that FFVII IS overrated (Shut up, it is).

Favorite parts:

-Oley box in the background
-Deadly tripod box
-Aeris' badassness
-Aeris eating materia and not digesting it properly

LEARN FROM THIS, SQUARE ENIX! LEARN IT!
Really again?

OT:He should of used a phoenix down. Still it was a good video though.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
That fight scene was easily as epic as the one in Advent Children, if not more so.

...I might have to go play FF7 again now. Or at least Dissidia.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
More like Sephiroth: The Worst Enemy, amirite?

Ok ok, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway, a very well made production. I really liked the special effects.

ladysephiroth

Jan 26, 2011
I think I love that the whole battle takes place on the kitchen floor :) Something about that has a very "Christmas Toy/Jim Henson's Secret World of Toys" feel to it.

Feb 18, 2009
When you're not home, your figurines will epic battles of their own.
"What the hell! Mom, who messed up my room?"

Seriously though, impressive stop-motion skills he has. Really astounding work.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I still think VIII is better than VII. And if you tell me I'm wrong because mine has a whiny emo guy lead, maybe you should look at VII again. Also, Aeris' death did not strike me as the best example of story telling ever. I was more impressed by the death of that guy who is next to Gaz when they both get shot. Where is his long 'I shall avenge you' speech? Also, no-one used Aeries.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
This video made me realize something very important...

Every single Japaneese person sounds exactly the same to me... And I have no idea why.

EDIT: Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that Chaos Emeralds were a Sonic thing!

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Sixcess said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Somewhere, the ghost of Ray Harryhausen is nodding approvingly.
'Somewhere' presumably being London, where Mr. Harryhausen still lives (aged 91)
In Japanese culture, you can have the ghost of a living person. They occasionally kill people.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
As much as I love FFVII, I agree with Earnest. It wasn't the best game ever made. It wasn't even the best game in the series. I'm laying my money of FFVI.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Screamarie said:
Think what this guy could do with some real money backing him! I hope someone picks this guy up and gives him a job! He'd do amazing things.
Especially on Robot Chicken.

This is actually really cool. Especially when you're watching it with the sound off 'cause you're at work.

striderkiwi

Jul 15, 2010
the guy who made this is awesome. He usually does gundam stop motion battles and all his videos are great