The BEST game intro I've seen, and why it works!

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Yo escapists. Today I bring you a slightly shorter video, but a fun one. Today we'll be looking at the intro to Lost Odyssey, from the same creator of the old school final fantasies. It's quickly becoming one of my new favorite games, and the intro is a big reason why. So let's take a look~

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. This is a job now, so I take it more seriously then ever. Let me know if there's anything I can improve. :D

If you want to see more of my stuff, check out my channel. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSwIxTBkr6lL79B8VA9KlvQ

ThereIsNoSanta

Sep 17, 2015
Dat...intro....

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I love how long it kept going. You made me choke on my cereal. Otherwise, good analysis as always! Loved the music decontruction. I like how you keep switching up the stuff you focus on in these vids. Keeps things interesting.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
ThereIsNoSanta said:
Dat...intro....

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I love how long it kept going. You made me choke on my cereal. Otherwise, good analysis as always! Loved the music decontruction. I like how you keep switching up the stuff you focus on in these vids. Keeps things interesting.
Thanks man, I always try to keep things unpredictable~

IndignantMole

Apr 27, 2016
New Emcee vid woo!

Love this one. The jokes, the analysis of all the little details, the japan...ish intro, all good.

Great work as always, Emcee. Keep it up!

False Nobility

Jul 29, 2012
Ah, good ol Emcee. Always something to look forward to after a long weak.

Watching now. Love it so far.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I've heard the battle theme (and intend to use the final boss theme for my D&D campaign somewhere) but I never realized it was so intricate. It's kind of like "Confrontation With The Enemy" from Xenoblade Chronicles. You hear that theme throughout the game at specific moments, and it always fits. Emcee, if you've played Xenoblade, do you see the same thing there as you do here?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
The intro for Chrono Cross, via a PlayStation Magazine disc, got me to buy the game with little to no other information.

Considering it was the first, and pretty much last, game I ever bought without any kind of research...
I'd say that's a damn fine 'intro' as well.
XD

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Oh wow...this game was probably the closest I got to loving a JRPG. So many stories and emotions without ceremony. And that minimalist piano track that requires no skill but serves its purpose so damn well. This...isn't an exclusive is it?

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
Elvis Starburst said:
I've heard the battle theme (and intend to use the final boss theme for my D&D campaign somewhere) but I never realized it was so intricate. It's kind of like "Confrontation With The Enemy" from Xenoblade Chronicles. You hear that theme throughout the game at specific moments, and it always fits. Emcee, if you've played Xenoblade, do you see the same thing there as you do here?
I love me some Xenoblade, and yes. I haven't beaten the game yet though.