the best game related suprise of the year!

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Should be a positive suprise, a bit like if you found £50 on the floor, that might be your best suprise of the day, but instead its the best suprise of the YEAR and it needs to be game related :p

my personal best has to be JACK THOMPSON GONE FOREVER! now thats a big thorn in the nerds side gone XD

El Chicken

May 1, 2008
When i found that Mask of the Betrayer was actually awesome, contrary to many average scores given by reviews on sites such as gamespy. Its not much i know, but it surprised me more than anything else i can really remember. Well, except when i found that Diablo 3 was now official, that was a big surprise for me.

Zrahni

Oct 24, 2008
World of Goo. As a game from out of nowhere. Diablo 3 official made me piss myself from joy.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
so little optimism...
why is it that my other thread, "the biggest game-related disappointments" is doing so much better? sigh...

crowTrobot

Oct 19, 2008
Dead Space. Flawed, sure, but given that I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as it was, it's still gonna be my personal pick for GOTY.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
The indie game Iji. Totally free, totally awesome Metroidvania meets Deus Ex meets System Shock 2. Great plot, tons of fun to play.

http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

It's the way the story is linear but people's reactions to you change in subtle ways that really impressed me.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
fish food carl said:
That COD: WAW would be out so soon. November 14 folks!
That CoD : WaW would actually be halfway decent, and it's got Nazi Zombies, that's just pure awesome wrapped in gooey goodness

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Fallout 3. As a die hard fan of the fallout series, I was excited about the 3rd installment, but also very concerned. First person? Totally different developer?

But now, after spending some time with it (And WAY MORE time on the way), no other game in YEARS has made me actually jump out of my seat to stand and point at the screen on how freaking crazy 'that' was (Whether 'that' was a kill I got, my near death, the reactions or development of a story, or what have you).

...my wife thinks I'm nuts when I get talking about it.

reaper_2k9

Keeper of the Beer
Oct 22, 2008
Fable 2 Fallout 3 and the fact the next Final Fantasy will be avalible for 360 yay!!