The best hat (No not the tf2 kind I'm talking about real ones)

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
So we all have our favorite kind of hat be it classy, silly or just plain weird. Mine happens to be the fedora It looks classy, makes any suit look that much better and I think it makes playing jazz piano that much more awesome.

So my fellow escapists what happens to be your favorite hat? There are (almost) no wrong answers :p

Captcha: Saucy! Yes captcha I do think fedora's make me look saucy

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
I like Baseball caps. Worn regularly, none of that side ways nonsense and don't get me started on how silly wearing it backwards looks

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The answer is obviously the tophat you silly goose. Dignified and slightly silly, what more do you want?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Ashhearth said:
You've got a grand broken image there.

Anyway, I... never wear hats, so my answer is the one and only Trilby Hat.

Either that or the pure camp of the top hat.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Wearing a fedora is going to make you look like a socially awkward neckbeard. Please don't do it.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I am a fan of a nice driving cap, myself. Sure, it makes you look like an old man, but a cool old man, at the very least.
Beard not included.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I have two of these.

Russian hat is best.

Soviet Heavy approves.

Jan 13, 2012
snapbacks r th bezt al thse hats r shit...... swagfag 4 lyf.

Okay seriously, fedoras trilbies are the shit, I own one but I never wear it mainly because of people judging me.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Cakes said:
Wearing a fedora is going to make you look like a socially awkward neckbeard. Please don't do it.
My full and badass beard wishes to convey some disagreement on the subject of hats somehow equating to neckbeard. Fedoras are a sign of class and style dating back to...well...their initial deployment.

Indiana Jones wears a fedora.

Tom Baker's worn a fedora as the Doctor.

Neil Gaiman's Anansi wears a fedora.

The Spirit, Rorschach, and other trenchcoat heroes wear them, including Canada's greatest super hero, the Red Panda!

Shotarou from Kamen Rider Double has a whole collection and so did his mentor.

Also found in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

I wear a fedora now. Fedoras are cool.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I believe one of these is. As a matter of fact, here is also a picture of me! [sub]Although, this is before I cut all my hair off...[/sub]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
FalloutJack said:
I wear a fedora now. Fedoras are cool.
No they're not Fez's are cool. Ask anyone.
Since Stetsons are also cool, other stylish hats may also apply.

Fedoras are cool.

Don't make me poll this, fella.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Fedoras seem too hipster-nerd for my liking.

So i just wear a baseball cap with none of that douche-y backwards brim nonsense.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
This one! I call it my happy hat with good reason!

Otherwise, I really like any sort of hat. Especially silly ones. Silly hats are the best.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Ashhearth said:
So we all have our favorite kind of hat be it classy, silly or just plain weird. Mine happens to be the fedora It looks classy, makes any suit look that much better and I think it makes playing jazz piano that much more awesome.

So my fellow escapists what happens to be your favorite hat? There are (almost) no wrong answers :p

Captcha: Saucy! Yes captcha I do think fedora's make me look saucy
While I agree with you completely...

Trilby. Not Fedora. Trilby.

That is a trilby. This is a fedora:

But yes. Trilbies are awesome.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
flat caps r th bezt al thse hats r shit...... swagfag 4 lyf.

Okay seriously, fedoras are the shit, I own one but I never wear it mainly because of people judging me.
I'm going to assume your mock douche voice referred to flat brim baseball caps (snapbacks) and yeah. They suck. They're not flatcaps, though. This is a flat cap.

And I love them because they remind me of the moors I grew up on.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
This thread has thought me the difference between fedora and trilby hat. Due to this new revelation I can now safely say that I favor the TRILBY HAT!

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
I'm throwing another vote in for the flat cap here. Have received many a compliment about mine. A very close second would be the fedora though. Anything that can be coupled with a whip gets a tick in my books.