The best hat (No not the tf2 kind I'm talking about real ones)

Jan 13, 2012
Binnsyboy said:
Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
flat caps r th bezt al thse hats r shit...... swagfag 4 lyf.

Okay seriously, fedoras are the shit, I own one but I never wear it mainly because of people judging me.
I'm going to assume your mock douche voice referred to flat brim baseball caps (snapbacks) and yeah. They suck. They're not flatcaps, though. This is a flat cap.

And I love them because they remind me of the moors I grew up on.
Oh, that's right. Frankly, I just don't listen to what swagfags say so words just get lost in translation.

That is a sweet hat though.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I will go with a doo-rag.

Just because I do not know why.

felbot

May 11, 2011
well apparently the hat i thought was a fedora is actually a trilby, assuming of course the hat in th op is a trilby.

i guess that means i like trilby's, they are quite nice.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Starik20X6 said:
Binnsyboy said:
You have excellent taste in hats. I almost never leave the house without one of my flatcaps on.
I actually need to replace my flatcap, due to a rogue gust of wind when it wasn't jammed on my head particularly well.

Ah well...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Binnsyboy said:
I actually need to replace my flatcap, due to a rogue gust of wind when it wasn't jammed on my head particularly well.

Ah well...
Bummer! I've almost lost mine a couple of times. It's so worth it though. Classes up any outfit, gives me a defined, iconic look and I get plenty of compliments on it.

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
dangoball said:
This thread has thought me the difference between fedora and trilby hat. Due to this new revelation I can now safely say that I favor the TRILBY HAT!
Yeah I've noticed that myself. I wonder when the misconception started occurring though. In fact the two look completely different in most cases when you get right down to it.

Captcha: Downward slope. Yeah it does seem that way captcha.

krodux

Jul 15, 2012
Hats for practical use: I'm gonna go with a boonie. They're light at they keep the sun out of your eyes and off the back of your neck. There good for any kind of outside work.

Hats just for the sake of wearing a hat?
A Bowler (http://www.tvacres.com/images/weapon_avengers_steed2.jpg)

'nuff said

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
My hat is an Australian Leather hat that looks quite like this:

If anyone could tell me what this kind of hat is called it would be greatly appreciated.

Captcha: "Lo and Behold" my awesome hat.

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
Tuques. Or knit caps. Or beanies. Whatever you call them, I like them. And I seem to be the only one who does.

Trilbies are pretty cool, too.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
i'm not fond of wearing hats, but as far as voting for one, i'm gonna have to add another tic for flat caps.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
While I do love my hats, one I do not have, but wish to, is a Vintage Cap.

I just love it's classic 30s look, and with the right clothes to go along, I think I can wear it with some style.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
I have a cute hat that is kind of a summer hat though fits for all year. Yet, my fave hat is a top hat. Those should make a comeback with tons of other stylish hats from back then. I'm not fond of baseball caps. Also I'd like to see to see long Victorian jackets, dresses, and Sherlock Holmes fashions make a comeback. ^^ People seemed so stylish back then, much better than seeing people wearing pajama pants and ratty t's.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Cakes said:
Wearing a fedora is going to make you look like a socially awkward neckbeard. Please don't do it.
My full and badass beard wishes to convey some disagreement on the subject of hats somehow equating to neckbeard. Fedoras are a sign of class and style dating back to...well...their initial deployment.

Indiana Jones wears a fedora.

Tom Baker's worn a fedora as the Doctor.

Neil Gaiman's Anansi wears a fedora.

The Spirit, Rorschach, and other trenchcoat heroes wear them, including Canada's greatest super hero, the Red Panda!

Shotarou from Kamen Rider Double has a whole collection and so did his mentor.

Also found in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

I wear a fedora now. Fedoras are cool.
"Really cool movie and video game characters wear fedoras...that means a fedora will look really cool on me!!!"
- neckbeard logic

Odds are you don't look like Don Draper or Indiana Jones, sorry. The only acceptable time to wear a fedora is with a suit (PROTIP: the situation must actually call for a suit), and even then it's iffy. I've seen a fedora look good on exactly 1 person in real life, and he was a very handsome, physically fit and obviously well-to-do fifty-something businessman. Otherwise I only ever seen them on nerds who dress like complete shit, as if the fedora is going to make their video-game t-shirt and dad-jeans ensemble look real classy.

I'm only being harsh because I care <3