The best "line" in any medium?

fibchopkin

Feb 22, 2011
lisadagz said:
"Biting's excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner." - Tardis-as-woman, Doctor Who

fibchopkin said:
"Yes, it's true. This man has no dick."
-Bill Murray, Ghost Busters
This one's my favourite mentioned so far. XD
How funny! I very nearly posted your Docter Who quote. You must have a great mind, because we certainly think alike. ;)

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
King Crab said:
I am not a number, I am a real man! - the prisoner
'I am not a number, I am a... Oh wait no I'm number 5.' - Homer Simpson.

Other choices:
'God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.' Richard, Dead Man's Shoes.

'I gots the shotgun, you got the briefcase. S'all in the game right though' Omar - The Wire

fibchopkin

Feb 22, 2011
Followed closely by the third runner up from General Buck in Doctor Strange Love: "Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Catchy Slogan said:
[
OT:I can't decide between a few, but I'll put them up anyway. Mass Effect *SPOILERS*

Saren Arterius: I'm not doing this for myself. Don't you see, Sovreign will succeed. It is inevitable. My way is the only way any of us will survive. I'm forging an alliance between us and the Reapers, between organics and machines, and in doing so, I will save more lives than have ever existed. But you would undo my work. You would doom our entire civilization to complete annihilation, and for that, you must die.

Sovereign:We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.

Mira:It looks like you are trying to restore this facility. Would you like some help?
Shepard: Oh crap, a pop-up.
Huh ... Seems you missed the best line of that Sovereign dialog :

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Every time I hear that, even after 6 playthroughs, it still sends a chill up my spine.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"

-Auron

I always think of this one whenever I need to motivate myself.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
9thRequiem said:
Catchy Slogan said:
[
OT:I can't decide between a few, but I'll put them up anyway. Mass Effect *SPOILERS*

Saren Arterius: I'm not doing this for myself. Don't you see, Sovreign will succeed. It is inevitable. My way is the only way any of us will survive. I'm forging an alliance between us and the Reapers, between organics and machines, and in doing so, I will save more lives than have ever existed. But you would undo my work. You would doom our entire civilization to complete annihilation, and for that, you must die.

Sovereign:We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.

Mira:It looks like you are trying to restore this facility. Would you like some help?
Shepard: Oh crap, a pop-up.
Huh ... Seems you missed the best line of that Sovereign dialog :

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Every time I hear that, even after 6 playthroughs, it still sends a chill up my spine.
True, but I was trying to limit myself from putting down the entire speech. While I agree that one does send chills down my spine, the one I put down has always stuck with me more.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... Stuff." -The Tenth Doctor

"Doctor, they've got guns."
"And I haven't. Which makes me the better person, don't you think? They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine!" -The Tenth Doctor (and Rose)

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff. Also it can boil an egg at thirty paces. Whether you want it to or not, actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens; it's not pretty when they blow." - The Tenth Doctor

"They're coming. The Angels are coming for you, but listen - your life could depend on this - don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. DON'T turn your back, DON'T look away, and DON'T BLINK!" - The Tenth Doctor

"From the day they arrive on this planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do, no hold on... Sorry, that's the Lion King." - The Tenth Doctor

"Oh, while we've been chatting away I forgot to tell you: I'm brilliant." - The Tenth Doctor

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! It's you! Oh, you're I love you. You know why? Because you're so thick! You're Mister Thick Thick Thicketty Thickface from Thicktown, Thickania! And so's your dad!" - The Tenth Doctor

Yes, I like the Tenth Doctor. I could probably fill a page with awesome quotes, I'll just leave it at these.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Say goodnight Manuel..."
*PUNCH*
"OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"I think that was a bit extreme commander."

GinraiPrime

Aug 26, 2010
thaluikhain said:
madwarper said:
You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.
Ah, yes, of course. And then again:

"Chaps with the wings there, five rounds, rapid."

Apparently they nearly cut that from the script. Though, later on, in one of the spin off books, the Brigadier says the same line again, in reference to someone standing next to Paul McCartney, which probably should have been cut.
I love both of those lines from the Brigader^^ One of me fave lines would be "I kick ass for the lord!" from the movie Brain Dead