The best retro nintendo console ?

aruntisa

Jul 9, 2012
what do you think is the best retro nintendo console?

looks the best? the best games? best controllers? remember most as

a child?

NES
SNES
N64
game cube (does this count as retro?)

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Umm do you need advice for this?
You should probably ask a mod to move this to Gaming Discussion.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Aylaine said:
SNES gets my vote here. It was a quintessential part of my childhood. Crono Trigger, FFVI, Earthbound, Brain Lord... so many great RPG's. So many great memories. The controller wasn't bulky either. Reminded me of some really deformed ice cream sandwich. :3
It's just the way the question is phrased confuses me.
It sounds like a discussion question rather than asking for advice.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
"We Will Change The System." [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk2QDaq9OEk]

Nintendo 64 is the best Nintendo console ever. N64: Change the System.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Gameboy because you had Wario Land 1 and 2. Then 3 on Colour. We don't talk about 4.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
aruntisa said:
(does this count as retro?)
Maybe I'm getting old, but I remember when retro gaming meant everything before the 3rd generation consoles. In other words, everything before the NES.

Regardless, I'd say the SNES. The NES probably had the bigger effect on the industry, but the SNES has the best collection of games.

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
SNES for me as well. The NES was nice but I felt it lacked the charm that many SNES games had. Not to mention many NES games are balls-bustingly hard and sometimes unfairly hard or don't explain much. Most SNES games have that perfect difficulty that's challenging but not entirely frustrating and unfair.

True talk: I never had an N64. My grandparents got me a PS1 when I was little instead. I grew up with Crash Bandicoot instead of Mario and Banjo and Kazooie, yes I had a rough childhood. I've played most of the N64 essentials though, as they were released on other consoles haha.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
SNES hands down. it was nintendo's best generation by far. there are a few good games on future generations, but the overwhelming majority was from the SNES era.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
All hail the SNES! King of the consoles, never to be dethroned!

Seriously, SNES is my favorite console of all time.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
It was hard to choose between the NES and the SNES. I loved them both so much. However, I had to give it to NES. The tie-breaker? When I first found out, as an adult, that downloadable emulators existed for both NES and SNES, the first one I downloaded was NES, because I just had to play Legend of Zelda and Donkey Kong Jr. again.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
SNES does have quite a few classics on it.
Final Fantasy IV-VI, Chrono Trigger and many others have left an extraordinary impact on many of us.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Nes, why? It was my first console and I had Double Dragon 2 (one of the best NES games).

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
No Virtual Boy? Well...damn it, there goes the hipster option.

I like them all pretty much the same, but I don't like the NES all that much, because i'm not to keen on 8-bit gaming personally.

AlexKasper

Feb 8, 2011
I'm going to say Gamecube because it was the first console I ever owned. It had some great games too. It's also got the best controller, in my opinion.