The Best Sword-Wielding Hero

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Zhou Tai from Dynasty Warriors 4. his special cuts up everyone around him, and he puts his sword back in it's scabbard. awesome.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
scarbunny post=9.62091.624030 said:
Dak’kon the Pariah.

go on name the game with out google.
Do you mean the Man-Thong? [http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/KoolKidsKlub93/dakkon.png]

Ambarato

Jun 5, 2008
Ah it's so hard to choose! I have to say Cloud i'm a fanboy...no wait but what about Aragorn he's like my favourite movie/book character....oh I forgot about Bleach! I could say Ichigo but Urahara is much cooler...no wait there's Kanda from D.Gray-man! AHHHHHHH!

*head explodes*
*a ghost floats behind his dead body*

Wait there's Trunks as well, he was cool.

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
My favorite was always Frog, from Chrono Trigger, at least when I was younger; he was kind of inspiring to be honest. He was strong, loyal, completely devoted to his people and his task. Disfigured by a curse but stalwart in the face of it all.

Good times.

Follow

Aug 12, 2008
SteinFaust post=9.62091.624436 said:
wewontdie11 post=9.62091.622418 said:
Dante with Rebellion or the dude from Oblivion with Goldbrand.
i'm so mad i lost Goldbrand AND Ebony Blade to the item box glitch. :'(

oh well at least i still have Umbra and Sword of the Crusader.
i hate that glitch with a passion

Follow

Aug 12, 2008
Ok, because several people are not happy about my posts about Darth Vader ( technically he is a sword wielding hero/villain because a light saber IS a sword hence the word SABER meaning SWORD!):/ my new choice for sword wielding hero has to be either Connor or Duncan MacLeod from the up coming highlander game (which looks intense!) my reason being 1 there immortal so none of these final fantasy characters could stand up to them 2 they've got the coolest swords ever 3 they've got long hair,...all the cool sword guys gotta have long hair! 4 ...i'm outa ideas >.<

Al X and Ur

Aug 15, 2008
i guess i would say link, but i am a little bias, we both happen to be left handed, but i guess in all fairness, it would really be hard to say who the best would be, seeing as that you would have to factor in originality, skill, find a fair way to judge 2D and 3D characters, and then on top of that, find a way to separate the ones that are actually good, for example, musashi who dual weilded swords and copied his enemies techniques, and those who are bad, "no offense" cloud Strife, who basically is liked for the fact he is a strong BA, even though, most of his attacks are either, vertical swing, or horizontal swing.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Obi-wan... with a vibroblade :D

Otherwise, I gotta vote for Xan, he was hilarious.

*clicks on Xan*
Xan: *sigh* YES... what is it?
*right-clicks on Ogre*
Xan: *mumble* We're all doomed anyway...

Neflame

Mar 24, 2008
I'm gonna have to say Yggdrassil from Tales of Symphonia. Sure, he only actually uses the Eternal Sword once, but the thing split a planet in half.

Either him or Kratos Aurion from the same game.

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
No question, Guybrush Threepwood

how many other of these guys can not only swing a sword but back it up with razor-sharp accurate quips?

QSiv

Jul 24, 2008
slaygore post=9.62091.509199 said:
Vergil's definetely the best sword weilder ever. Not only is he fast as lightning, he does it with stlye. Also he can summon and shoot swords, how cool is that. I would consider Dante too, but he's an all-rounder with guns and all.
Couldn't agree more!

Liam Wolfy

Nov 21, 2007
The coolest sword wielders are as follows: (Not in order!)

DARTH VADER!!!
LUKE SKYWALKER!!!
GRAY FOX!!!

And yes Ryu Hayabusa rocks also, but sadly disqualified for using other weapons too.

UPS Express

Aug 1, 2008
Psh you guys got it all wrong.

Anybody with half a brain knows it's Kirby!! After he swallows someone with a sword, of course.

oecumenix

Jun 18, 2008
If arm-blade energy things counted, I'd say Zeratul. In the absence of that, it will have to be Nigel from Landstalker (see left).

Following that, the samurai beat-em-up trio, in this order:
Haohmaru
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu