The best thing you have ever purchased on Steam

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Portal for free because it's amazing, I haven't really gotten to the few games I've actually purchased...

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
beyond good & evil. I missed the game when it was originally released but many ears later i found it on steam for 5 dollars. And I loved it.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Depends. Right now I'll tell you that it is SpaceChem (I got it in the Humble Indie Bundle, but I activated it through Steam, so shut up, it counts :p). It is a brilliant puzzle game where you need to program complex machines that put elements together. It has multiple stages of gameplay, even within a single level, and the amount of ways you can solve each puzzle is limitless. Of course, some are faster/use less tiles than others. Yesterday I probably would have told you that it's New Vegas. Before that it was Portal 2, etc.

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
I got the TellTale Bundle some time ago, it had all the Sam & Max games, Wallace & Gromit and some Strongbad game that I didn't care much for. There were also two Bone games included that were ok.

I'm not sure if the Monkey Island series was included in that or not, although I do have it.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
STALKER: Call of Pripyat springs to mind. I bought the game for something like $2 some time ago and ended up putting an obscene amount of time in that game, having played it twice now since buying it.

That said almost every game in my Steam list I bought on sale so they're all good value. Within the last two years I've only payed full price for three games: Witcher 2, Starcraft 2, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Every other game I've bought has been through some deal or other either through STEAM or via some other means.

I'm a patient guy, I can wait for a deal. Tis only a game!

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Killing Floor. I bought it retail, so I suppose I didn't exactly buy it through Steam, but the fact that you need Steam to run it makes it applicable in this case I guess. As for why, well, I had it for about six months before loading it up for the first time around Christmas last year, and since then have gone on to rack up over 800 hours in it. My game time can be divided up into Killing Floor and games that aren't Killing Floor.

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
Dragon Age origins and its DLC - 308 hrs so far between 3 characters, haven't finished Golems or witch hunt yet.

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
I have got to say the THQ pack was by far the best thing i ever bought on steam. god i have spent so much time with STALKER and DoWII, those two alone made it worth it for me.

ZZZappy

Oct 6, 2011
Terraria is one of most simply incredible games I have ever played, let alone on Steam. And they bring in MASSIVE updates monthly, with content that now surpasses Minecraft.

Closely following that is probably the SE pack for 75 and the THQ pack for 50.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Probably the fantastic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, for $2. That, or Company of Heroes. Cthulhu Saves the World also ranks very high up there.