The best value game you have bought?

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Collectors edition.

£5.

Includes: OOT, MM, Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 + WW demo.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
It's not popular around here, but I always get exceptional value out of FIFA games. I think it comes from having a sibling to play against, as the single player grates after a while.

Seriously I get hundreds of house out of 'em. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Oblivion, although not on my steam I've sunk about 1k hours into it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The Legend of Zelda Collection for the Gamecube at the price of £15. Consider that it's several games in one disc, I had played far more than 15 hours.

A_Play_On_Words

Feb 8, 2012
ThingWhatSqueaks said:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - $39.99 for ~300 hours
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - $5 for 30 hours
Although I paid $10 for my V:tM: B, it's still paying out in great entertainment.
But, yeah, basically, 'What he said.'

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I bought FFXII for ?10 and played it for over 1200 hours. I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Either Fallout 3 or CoD4, both games I have put hundreds of hours in.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Probably the original Civilization. I paid a buck for it and then played it all summer and most of the fall. Great game. I also paid $1 for Civ 2, but it was more of a pain to get running than Civ I, so I never logged much time on it.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Skyrim since I got it for £20.
WoW would seem like a contender since MMOs cost £2.25 per week so you only have to play 4 hours per week for it to be worthwhile but I remember when I was still playing I worked out I had spent like £350 on it all together between, Vanilla, expansions, guides and buying gold. That still sounds way too high but I think that's what it was. Oh yer I also included the subs up to that point so its about right,
TOR would still be one but TOR can suck it.

Civ 5 also could have been one but I racked up quite a bit of cost buying all the new leader/scenario packs and I only played it for 50 hours till I got that bug where steam completely fucked up and the game just wont launch.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Amaror said:
terraria. 10 Euros 60 hours, Mount and Blade 5 Euros (Sale) 60 hours.
Pretty good were skyrim 50 Euros 70 hours, Crusader Kings 2 25 Euros 45 hours and Endless Space 25 Euros 25 hours, but that one is going to get ALOT more hours.
Is that endless space thing any good, I've seen the beta thing on Steam but wasnt quite sure what its deal is? Is it like Galactic Civilization?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Currently, Terraria tops that list easily.
414 hours, 10 bucks on launch (bought the 4-pack for 40, and was reimbursed).
And the game has just reached its one year anniversary.

Yeah. I kinda like it.

Followed by Borderlands, UT2004 (re-purchased since my CD collection was stolen), X-COM 1 through 3, Plants Vs Zombies, and then a smattering of games that took a while to beat the first time, but I haven't really replayed.

For my ALL-TIME best (not just in the last 5 years): Either Age of Empires 2, Master of Orion 2, or Diablo 2. I've also beaten Super Metroid and the first 5 Mega Man X games an unhealthy number of times.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Gotta be Morrowind, Oblivion, TF2 or Borderlands. Spent so much time on those, and replayed them over and over.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Mine would be Just Cause 2. I paid twenty dollars for it and I've just recently passed 60 hours play time with well over half the game to go.

Sep 14, 2009
FranBunnyFFXII said:
World of Warcraft, well at least after playing Free to Play MMORPGs for 8 years...

WoW is sooo worth it omg, WoW Vindictus and GuildWars2, only MMORPGs that matter ;)
you really love your mmo's, don't you? (nothing wrong with that, just always seem to see you post about mmo's, I think you had quite a thread opener on Tera maybe?)

OT: well for multiplayer games, that is probably socom 2, i played that every.single.day. for over a damn year at least. don't know the value/ratio though.

single player though? probably kotor, i've beaten that game to hell and back with every mod known to man 40+ times....not an exaggeration. and I would do just about damn near everything each playthrough, so that roughly rounds out 30-50 hours per playthrough...O.O....

lots of hours.