The Best Weapon

R3DINK

Mar 30, 2009
The Rock-It Launcher. I mean... really, anything that shoots a teddy bear with deadly force is awesome.

wlminter

Apr 14, 2009
The Red Ryder LE BB gun in Fallout 2. It's a BB gun that's a strong as the Gauss Rifle! Too bad the ammo's so damn rare.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Mjolnir. No contest.
Other than that, Ugetsu Shinuchi, owned by Setsuka from Soul Calibur III and IV. It's an iai sword hidden inside a parasol. The grip of the parasol is actually the sword's hilt, and the parasol acts as the sheath.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
TheEvilDuck said:
What's the best weapon in fiction? And I mean specifically not just "a sword" or "a bazooka" whose weapon is your favorite?

Personally I'm in awe of the simplicity of Saya's sword in Blood+. It's so well designed and so simple! She needs her blood to fight so it has that little bit for her to cut her thumb when she's opening it and the blood slides down the groove. It's really genius.
For someone who was so against firearms and violence in general in another thread you'll have to forgive me for thinking this thread a bit odd. And to make the post relevant I put forth whatever M variant rifle was used in Aliens.

TheEvilDuck

Mar 18, 2009
Scolar Visari said:
TheEvilDuck said:
What's the best weapon in fiction? And I mean specifically not just "a sword" or "a bazooka" whose weapon is your favorite?

Personally I'm in awe of the simplicity of Saya's sword in Blood+. It's so well designed and so simple! She needs her blood to fight so it has that little bit for her to cut her thumb when she's opening it and the blood slides down the groove. It's really genius.
For someone who was so against firearms and violence in general in another thread you'll have to forgive me for thinking this thread a bit odd. And to make the post relevant I put forth whatever M variant rifle was used in Aliens.
FICTION is the key word. In reality I'm pretty much a pacifist. That's the difference.

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
How about those portable nukes in Starship Troopers?

Gotta love them mini mushroom clouds with no radiation.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
The Holy Hand Grenade. Why? Because it's holy. That means whatever deity created it, looks over it.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
The Energy Sword, Halo series. Sacred weapon of the elites

"By the oath of this warrior and the spilling on mine own blood, I shall carry this blade to my grave. This sword shall be my canvis and the blood of my foes will be the paint."

A random Elite-ish sort of warrior oath for ya.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
The banhammer? Thats always a fun weapon
Or Nevan from Devil May Cry 3, because you kill enemies with a guitar solo what more do you want?

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
The Serious Bomb from the original Serious Sam games.

It KILLS EVERYTHING.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
Any sword (Zanpaktou) from Bleach - I mean it's awesome as a weapon, and you can talk with it (as in:bore it to death when no one wants to speak with you). I can't remember anything better than The Rail Driver from Red Faction 2 for FPS(s) right now

theCMNDER

Jan 18, 2009
RYNO from Ratchet and Clank, its a 9 barrelled homing missile launcher that can fold in on itself to fit in your pocket!

Kais86

May 21, 2008
I'm a big fan of the rail gun from WH40K simply because it's so effective, and infantry carry them (9 railguns will solve almost any problem in the game), admittedly it's heavy infantry, but it still gets the job done.

I also like Captain America's shield, Mjolnir, Green Lantern's ring, and the Iron Man suit.

However ALL OF THESE pale in comparison to the raw offensive might and versatility of Takamachi Nanoha's Raising(Raging) Heart. I will point out that like most of the weapons I've said here it's only awesome for the person currently wielding it. Which is why I said rail gun first, rail guns work no matter who is carrying them.