The Best & Worst names your bestowed upon your Pokémon

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Okay, so it?s fair to say that 99% of us Escapists have played Pokémon games, some still do.

One of the features of a Pokémon game is the ability to name those little critters.

When I was a kid I thought it was hilarious to give them human names, my 6 was named like Richard, Simon, Paul, Keith and what not.

However, most of my friends got kicks out of calling there?s 'DickBalls' and the like of that.

So anyway, my question to you Escapists is.

What are the Best & Worst names you?re bestowed upon your Pokémon?

K84

Feb 15, 2010
A Koffing i called Fartacus, which i found very clever.....many years ago.
Can't decide if this falls into Best or Worst name.....

I called my Porygon TRON though^^

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I called my most awesome Typhlosion: TsuboTsubo.

Also on an unrelated note: My 100th post! :D

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I think calling metapod penis is a given.

I didn't usually name my pokémon unless I accidently clicked the nickname button and if I do that I give them names like , K or S.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
hmmm i really oly used human names too though i did once name a shiny Breloom Retard cause it took me FOREVER to catch it as a shroomish. Yeah my shroomish evolved to a shiny Breloom...

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I've always had the strange notion to name my first magicarp Paul. It all started with the 500$ one in front of mt. moon in pokemo blue, and to this day, the first magikarp I catch in a game, I name Paul

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
I have default nicknames I give to types of Pokemon now, having grown bored with giving individual names or having my team's names in ALL CAPS(!). Of which, my favorite is Freebird for any and all flying types, as well as Incinerate! for any fire types.

And BigSister for my female Bastiodon :D

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I don't like nicknaming my pokemon, I forget what they actually are after I've named them.

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
I love my femm Torterra: Betsy ^.^
And my Blazikan: Bane <3
Quagsire aptly named Bob...

But one that made me laugh was my bro's pikachu dubbed: 'Imcheese!' ~~

Herb sewell

Mar 30, 2009
coxafloppin said:
Okay, so it?s fair to say that 99% of us Escapists have played Pokémon games, some still do.

One of the features of a Pokémon game is the ability to name those little critters.

When I was a kid I thought it was hilarious to give them human names, my 6 was named like Richard, Simon, Paul, Keith and what not.

However, most of my friends got kicks out of calling there?s 'DickBalls' and the like of that.

So anyway, my question to you Escapists is.

What are the Best & Worst names you?re bestowed upon your Pokémon?
I wouldn't expect some one who goes by the handle coxafloppin to get the subtle humor of "dickballs"
zHellas said:
I called my most awesome Typhlosion: TsuboTsubo.

Also on an unrelated note: My 100th post! :D
Congrats
OT: Rarely name my Pokemon I remember naming rattata a few choice words after they kept popping up tho

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
My starter is always Raven. My psychic is Spoon, electric is Sparky, flier is Phoenix, surfer is usually Poseidon, ghost or dark-type is Spook.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
El Poncho said:
I think calling metapod penis is a given.

I didn't usually name my pokémon unless I accidently clicked the nickname button and if I do that I give them names like , K or S.
Oh dear you must be getting in my brain for thats my answer

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
My personal favorite is an Arcanine (I always get a growlithe for my starter) that I name Kyrie.

The best name ever though... Oh shit it.

Oh shit it used surf!
Oh shit it fainted!
Oh shit it is evolving!