The Best Zer0 Build in Borderlands 2

King Aragorn

Mar 15, 2013
If there is a thread like this, then please link me, and I apologize.
So now, I just got my hands on BL2 from a friend, and i'm loving it. It's great fun, and I chose Zer0 as my character.
But i'm not quite sure how to build up my guy. I've been using shotguns and revolvers, but I know he's a sniper dude. So, is he a sniper-pistol guy, or SMG-Sniper thing?
Also, what skills/tokens should I use?

Battle Pope

Nov 2, 2009
I haven't seen a Zer0 or any BL2 build thread on the escapist here, but there's plenty at the BL2 forums:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

I myself went full sniper. Crit stacking, sniper mag increase and reload speed, the whole shebang. Contrary to my build, you can use any weapon and do just fine. You can even go down the bloodshed skill tree and melee everybody. Very effectively I might add. Whatever skills and weapons you think are most effective and fun, go for it.

As for the badass tokens, I upgraded everything equally but if your going to just be playing as Zer0, critical damage, gun damage, and gun accuracy are the best for his offense. Shield capacity and shield recharge/delay are good for defense. Plus they make up for his lack of shield related skills.

Hope this helps, and I'll see you in the borderlands.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Zero is best used at either very long range (sniping) or up very close with a bladed gun (shotguns are awesome).

I am at level 35 and focused on filling up the right tree to the end because "Many Must Fall" is ridiculous for wiping out mobs of mooks. If you want to go melee heavy fill the right side up but avoid "Grim" and get a roid shield. Make sure your melee kills give you plenty of health. "Be Like Water" is why I love the bladed shotgun as a primary weapon. Stab, blast, stab, blast, cloak, stabstabstabstab... WIN!

Either way I prefer to work him in the extremes, max out either the right or left skill tree and add in a few skills from the middle one to kick it up a notch. "Counterstrike" is bad ass if you want to melee a bunch.

Zer0 is meant to specialize, I don't like trying to make him balanced at all.