The Big Picture: A Guy Named Joe

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Having not seen Scott Pilgrim yet I can't really chime in completely on this particular video. I do think that it good that you remind us that we can still make something of ourselves even if we are not forced into doing so.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
Is he talking about gender stereotypes AGAIN?! This is like the 3rd time, and he goes on again about expendables and scott pilgrim. This is not the big picture it's just one of Bob.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
G.I. Joe reminded me about the diversity issue that was brought up about Halo. No seriously.

Edit: Sorry. I wanted to clarify something.

Kenji_03

May 12, 2007
Very nice work Bob, I like how you asked us a question in a very Socratic way -- "I won't answer your question with an answer, but with a question of my own". Classy

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Bob, there may not be a Cobra Commander or Hitler left to fight, but there are myriad other battles we can devote ourselves to. World hunger, global warming, civil rights, pollution etc. The idea is for us to stop fighting each other and start fighting our own human natures, I think.

HankMan said:
Bob I'd say you've found your place alright.
Also: This world DOES seem to be lacking in the super villain department, especially now that Cheney's out of office! =D
*rimshot*
Kudos to you sir for making me gigglefart.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
standokan said:
Did I just spot a picture of major Armstrong, the manga/anime character I know and love?
yes you did! :D

Ot: Wow, very inspiring I must admit. I am still looking for "My place" in the world and hopefully it will be some where it the IT Department. :p

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
Once again, im stuffed from all the food for thought

I find these video's more interesting than anything on this website, good job Bob

sgwee

Dec 13, 2009
check out a documentary called blood into wine, a story of rockstar Maynard finding his own place in the world, not because someone told him to but that is was something he wanted to be. I'm as conservative as they get politically but I am also young, and full of heart, and with all the opportunity we have in the world today we can be more liberal in the path we choose.

thanks for the thought provoking vid Bob, as always. much love and appreciation

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
MacNille said:
Rationalization said:
Is he talking about gender stereotypes AGAIN?! This is like the 3rd time, and he goes on again about expendables and scott pilgrim. This is not the big picture it's just one of Bob.
It is way better then his Overthinker stuff on Screwattack. There he is just a nintendo fanboy who hates evrething thats is not made by nintendo or is not from "fingerquote" the good old days of the 80.
lol, I loved the Other M review. "Don't you guys realize by not being sexist, you're all being sexist. This game has great controls!"

Edit: Or when he assumes he has this great army or is some really important person. "I'm not telling you, you have to boycott gamestop. You guys need to lose weight, you're giving the gaming persona a bad rep." The Big Ego.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Bob, once again you have risen to your weekly challenge and produced another interesting topic for discussion and dissection. I have always felt that some of the ambiguity about the beginning of adulthood is a result of the west's near elimination of any sort of rite of passage ritual. Getting your driver's licence, graduating from high school, being old enough to vote, drink or smoke, graduating from university/college, and even getting married; none of these things provides a clear separation between adolescence and adulthood. To connect all this to geek culture, I believe this is why the Klingons are so popular. They are depicted as being very ritualistic and any important occasion involves a very elaborate ceremony. That and these rituals usually involve fighting, pain, or deprivation.