The Big Picture: Continanity: Rebooted

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Wow! I never knew that Bob did the voice for Meowth in the old pokémon english dubs. Nice work, Robert.

But seriously, what's the joke here? Is it some sort of injoke or bet or something? Because it reeeeeeeally sounded like it was being put on at certain parts. I should I say "suh-tin pawhts"

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Baahstan accent?

Still not sold on the DC reboot. I like the idea, but I dunno...

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
The accent is a new thing.
but i enjoy it very much!
and I agree! you don't need to reboot a whole series to get readers interested.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
As a Bostonian myself, I find it difficult to listen to Bob's lovable snobbery through the accent I usually hear from guys doing construction work or running subway stations. I hope this is a passing fling.

DRD 1812

Mar 1, 2010
You know, all this discussion about comic books and continuity and franchises is interesting, but I think it would be best to keep some PERSPECTIVE on the REAL ISSUES and talk about CHILD STARVATION.

Wait, I'm still thinking of the last video... oh well, Bob's point still stands, why should anyone care about any "controversial" nerd-centric subject when the world is in such dire straits?

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Summation of comments.

"How was the content?"
"It had an accent, things were said I assume."

This nearly equals the Extra Credits when they had the Digital Cowboys and people complained about the English accents they had. The Digital Cowboys are English by the way. Movie Bob is Bostonian and often tries to cover it up. I say, shine on you crazy diamond!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok ignoring the accent, this had been an insightful episode. It is quite a advantage that we can look up informations within second compare to info finding in the early 90's (before or when internet had been created with 56k modern).
I had assume one of the reason for the reboot is to make them young again since after all comicbook characters don't age with us.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Maybe Bob has gotten into Jersey Shore?

Good episode. I agree that for the most part, you can just jump on and read. If you can get in at the very start of an arc of an ongoing series it might help, but generally you can pick up the back issues cheap enough.

The point of advertising is a great one. Now that I think of it, all the success that Marvel have had with their movies, I've never seen them try advertise the comics. I know the movies are pretty much giant advertisements anyway, but regardless, it could have sold more books to simple push some advertising space on things like posters "check out more Iron man in his ongoing series!"

I'm looking forward to the "relaunch". Justice League 1 was very cool to read. Even if all this does turn into another Crisis I'm still glad it's happening.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
CK76 said:
Summation of comments.

"How was the content?"
"It had an accent, things were said I assume."

This nearly equals the Extra Credits when they had the Digital Cowboys and people complained about the English accents they had. The Digital Cowboys are English by the way. Movie Bob is Bostonian and often tries to cover it up. I say, shine on you crazy diamond!
I spent most of the time trying to figure out what was going on, I thought he was ripping on the ShamWOW guy's accent but then it kept going :S

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
OMG Aero said:
Bob is rebooting The Big Picture.
He has now always used this accent.
17 posts until someone got the joke. Only 2 people in the posts preceding it didn't mention the accent. Sometimes I guess you can be a little too subtle.

OT: This is an issue that has been plaguing PC gaming up until digital distribution took centre stage as well - the issue of availability. I wonder if Windows will get a reboot any time in the near future.

Oh. Wait.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
DeGoon said:
I don't want to sound insulting on this, but the Brooklyn accent sounds a bit fake. I don't know if he's doing it for demonstrating a "reboot" of the same thing or he's trying to develop one of his own. Still not going to stop me from watching these or Escape to the Movies but I do find it a bit out of place.
maybe because it isn't a Brooklyn accent its a Boston(and its real) he tones down/hides it for 90% of the things he dose but some episodes it just slips

tris4992

Jul 12, 2010
Everybody said it already, I really don't care.

What IS with that accent ?

Anyway episode was good, makes sense, comics are indeed weird.
Just don't ever do the accent again. I had trouble sitting through
this episode.