The Big Picture: Correctitude

ostro-whiskey

Aug 23, 2009
Political Correctness spawned as an extension of Marxist Critical Theory pushed by the Frankfurt Institute after they shipped over to the US after being trampled in Europe. Just like Critical Theory its purpose is to silence the opinions of those who disagree with them on a political level, without looking like free speech crushing hypocrites.

There is nothing progressive or academic about it, it exists to support a political agenda, and Bob is wrong, Science is suffering from it, as Geneticists and Anthropologists are forced to "play nice" and ditch racial studies.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
You know, I'm not really sure what to make of this.

Yeah, I'm sure there are people who use 'PC' as a shield.

But what is politically incorrect? And just listing off people who were 'politically incorrect' doesn't mean a thing. Give us *examples*. Not just listing off people we may or may not know anything about. I mean sure, I know about Mel Brooks, but even then, what did he *do* that was politically incorrect? Or am I just to assume the man was born politically incorrect, and that was just how his entire life was? That everything he did was politically incorrect?

Jonathan Culberg

May 5, 2011
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2011/3296657.htm

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!" - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Bob deserves an epic brofist for that rundown of awesome comedians.
Heroes. All of them.