The Big Picture: Hercules Part Two

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This movie is a masterpiece obviously. Bob should have another series where he talks only about movies like this one.

Hey Bob, please make an episode about "Beware: Children at play".

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
This movie is one of the reasons I still keep my VCR plugged in and has actually become the focus of one of my favorite movie drinking games.

Unlike most movie games you don't need to take a shot whenever character X does action Y.

No, you simply take a shot whenever you need to and continue drinking until what you're seeing starts making sense.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
When I saw Herc grow like that, I had Power Rangers season one flashbacks. Specifically, Rita Repulsa's "Grow, my monster!"

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't know how you went two episodes without mentioning they had Lou's voice dubbed over because you can't understand a damn thing he says. He was mostly deaf from a young age, which kept him out of a lot of social circles and prevented him from talking when he didn't have to.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
The way that Hercules moves the chariot reminds me of the way that Thor uses his hammer to fly (or at least he used to, I'm not up to date with Thor so I don't know if he still does that or if he can just fly now).

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
MovieBob said:
MovieBob takes you down the homestretch of Hercules with part two of the two part series.
To be honest, at the start I actually confused this with the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Hercules in New York". Fun fact (you likely already know); Arnie's voice was dubbed over because they thought people wouldn't be able to understand him.

I'd like to know your opinion on subtitles-v-dubbing.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
I spent the whole video going, "What? WHAT?" at all the insane things happening on the screen.

This movie sounds so awesomely bad.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Bob. Thank you. I may have to find this movie.

Also, I literally paused the video to laugh out loud when he threw the rock to move the chariot.
They need more rainbow fire swords in movies.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
My personal favorite "after-party" movie is Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, but I guess the main difference between it and Hercules is that the former one IS intended to be a joke.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
LadyRhian said:
When I saw Herc grow like that, I had Power Rangers season one flashbacks. Specifically, Rita Repulsa's "Grow, my monster!"
Actually, the quote would be "Magic wand, make my monster GROW!"

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Wait, so Hercules can just grow to giant size? ...Anyone else getting Power Rangers flashbacks?

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the "King of Africa's" skull-cart thing was pretty boss...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol. was a kid when i saw this movie on tv and i even asked my self why the hell are their robots.

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
Out of all the cheesy lines, all the horrible "fights", and hercules being the worst hero ever, at least they got one thing right.

That rainbow fire sword was sweet as hell. I want one in real life and 2 for my rogue in WoW....

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
I am trying to think which of Newton's Laws gets snapped cleanly in half by that little number.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
If, while summarizing a movie, one can say "after a brief robot fight" non-sarcastically, as if robot fights are common place by then, it is undoubtedly the best movie ever.

disappointed

Sep 14, 2011
The rainbow bridge is actually a genuine part of Norse mythology. Vikings were considerably gayer than history has chosen to portray them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifr%C3%B6st

Not sure if there's any other element of Norse mythology in this movie but I think mythological consistency is the least of its issues.

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
It wasn't until I saw the snakes attack the boat that I remembered that I watched this movie as a kid and I LOVED it. My parents recorded it to a VHS tape after it played on Super Channel or something and I wore the hell out of it. In my 6 year old brain this was the most awesome movie to have ever been made.

My 33 year old brain, however, has a tough time comprehending what my 6 year old brain was thinking at the time.