The Big Picture: I Don't Know

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So I guessing one of the things we can ask you about is how do you work out, fitness exercise wise?

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I'm surprised he didn't mention my little pony. I would guess a lot of people has been asking him to do an episode on that.

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
McMarbles said:
I defeinitely sympathize with you on the Dr. Who front, as your story was almost exactly my story, except for the part about having actually watched some of it.

See, back in the late 80s, our local PBS station used to run uncut, commercial free Star Trek episodes every Saturday night. This, as you can imagine, was incredibly awesome, and was how I managed to see most of the series. Eventually, they added TNG episodes, which was less awesome, since I'd actually seen most of them, but still somewhat cool. Then they replaced it with Dr. Who. And for the longest time, I resented Dr. Who. These days,I wanna get into it, but have no idea where to even start.
If you want to get into it, start with the 2005 series (starring Christopher Eccleston). They brought it back for the first full series in 16 years so it was kind of a reboot but they kept all of the continuity.

OT: Liked the episode, I thought it was weird that Doctor Who didn't ever get referenced.

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
For the record - Community - you absolutely HAVE to get into that at one point or another.
Kind of the same for me as far as Dr. Who goes, tbh... been meaning to get into it, but that just hasn't happened for various reasons.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Awww...no Doctor. Which is alright, because that seems like it would/could/should be a miniseries all on it's own.

So...here's hoping for one on the highs and lows of Zelda, then.

Tinybear

Aug 27, 2010
That you won't do episodes about Doctor Who is completely understandable, but I will recommend you to watch the new series. Don't watch it as a job assignment, just watch it to see if you like the series.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Bob, you deserve 1000 Internets for mentioning Linkara's "The History of Power Rangers". series ^^

also, I agree with whoever said we need a Gamera Episode. :)

TheFurryChicken

Jun 29, 2008
Bob, one thing I'm sort of curious about is what makes a geek God? I know you did a BP on Nerd Gods, but that isn't necessarily what I mean.

Why did Chuck Norris become the Jebus of Sean Connery's Zeus? Was he simply the right guy at the right time? What about guys like Nathan Fillion? He's a great actor, but why (beyond Firefly fandom) has he become a mythical geekdom hero? What Would Neil Patrick Harris Do? Did that only really come about due to Harold and Kumar? Star Trek. It's everywhere, with references to the actors cropping up as near celestial beings (ie Sheldon Cooper's obsession with Nemoy on Big Bang Theory, etc).

I'd like to see you discuss this.

WILD69

Feb 23, 2011
DUDE, YOU ROCK! Bob I know you are a busy dude and have little time but an anime developed from a manga you may find pretty interesting is Death note, if you find the time check out an episode or two I reckon you would quite like it and find the story and idea very interesting and amusing. Also thanks for introducing me to the Boondock saints film fracking AWESOME!!! Be cool and stay frosty

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I've had the same basic experience with Doctor Who. I've never been able to really get into it despite wanting to.