The Big Picture: Junk Drawer Revisited

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Great video as always, Bob :)

Though, I know it's fashionable to beat on Duke Nukem Forever, but can we stop yet, please?
It wasn't *that* bad.
Sub-par graphics and puerile writing aside, it was fun.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm a bit confused at the statement that they spent more money than they they did for the Green Lantern movie.

I don't really understand how this kind of thing works and where the numbers come from, but does it mean they had all kinds of unrelated expenses they didn't mention or didn't directly go into the movie, plus marketing and such, or that they just announced they spent less money than they did on certain stuff?

Since I don't really understand how public something like a budget for a movie is. Does the studio have to tell the public that, or where does that info come from?

KaiusCormere

Mar 19, 2009
CronoT said:
Not every game can be Super Mario Bros. 3 or Tetris. Not every movie can be Citizen Kane or Ben-Hur.
But they should try, every one of them, and if they aren't trying, they aren't justifying the money spent and professionals time in making them.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
Lieju said:
I'm a bit confused at the statement that they spent more money than they they did for the Green Lantern movie.

I don't really understand how this kind of thing works and where the numbers come from, but does it mean they had all kinds of unrelated expenses they didn't mention or didn't directly go into the movie, plus marketing and such, or that they just announced they spent less money than they did on certain stuff?
I don't quite understand either, but from what I'm gather they gave a budget, but later they had to go back and change special effects because they changed what the costume looked like, which would have added costs, and then there is the marketing which isn't included in the cost of the movie itself, but of course is also money they spent, and apparently they spent a LOT on marketing. So the figure we were given is before lots of additional costs, hence why nobody is quite sure exactly how much the movie cost, but likely much more than the number we know. Like, twice that or something.

alexbaxthedarkside

May 21, 2009
I am TOTALLY 100% with you on this!
i saw green lantern also before checking out Movie Bobs review, and I totally dissagreed with him. I think Bob is an all time fan of the comics, and he didnt get to see what he wanted to see as the movie, plus he spent alot of time bringing us up to speed on the green lantern methos in a two parter big picture episode, So he must have been very upset that he's efforts felt all for not or something.

I liked green lantern, very enjoyable flick, i am somewhat familiar with the character and comics, have read some of them, and i thought the movie did a fantastic job of entertaining and getting me interested in the comics.

anyway, i think a green lantern 2 is probably gonna happen, I think movie bob, even though hes throwing numbers in our face, i still reckon it will happen. I personally think he was making it sound more terrible than it is so he doesnt see lots of people "wasting" their money on this movie he thinks doesn't deserve it, and gets a sequel he doesn't want.

But for me personally, I am very glad I made the patronage.

it was a great 2 weeks, I saw Green lantern one weekend, then saw X-men first class. And that just blew me Away :O

munkymp3

Dec 19, 2009
Wonder Woman really needs a movie or she needs a show to be picked up. Really. Zatanna too.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Did the new Riddler have green hair in the shape of a question mark on his head