The Big Picture: MovieBob's Junk Drawer

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
STILL didn't think it was that miserable. [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/usercomments-1045]

SOCIALCONSTRUCT

Apr 16, 2011
And believe you me, Bob knows his way around a buffet table.

Will Mario nostalgia ever get tiresome?

lol to no one's surprise Bob was gettin swirlied through the 90s.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
MovieBob said:
MovieBob's Junk Drawer

It's a Big Picture buffet!

Watch Video
I'm really enjoying this break from the "Comics are weird" theme. They were cool at first, but wore thin fast. I also appreciate the time off you've given us from tacking on "... are weeeeiiiiirrrrrrd!" to whatever the topic happens to be.

This was a fun episode, and I enjoyed it! Thanks!

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
After this video, I have an even bigger desire to sit down and have a fireside chat with you Mr. Chipman.

By the way, any idea who "Laura erager" is? Because apparently she's so important that I can't post this comment without typing her name first.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
The Gentleman said:
TF2 writers admitted it sucked: Bad movie is bad movie sequel
TF2 shall never be used as an acronym for Transformers 2 ever again. This isn't like Battlefield 2, where you can say BF2. No, TF2 is already Team (Hat) Fortress 2. And since Team Fortress 2 is actually good, it gets to keep it.

Meanwhile T2 is Terminator 2. So I guess we'll just have to go with Michael Bay Military Wank (with a few robots) 2. Or MBMW(wfr)2.

OT: Good episode. These quick little run downs are always a fun romp.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Unfortunately, Youtube has failed me in providing a clip of the killer rabid dolphin in One Crazy Summer. I am disappoint.
My only complaint about this episode is that someone felt the need to wrap Jim Whossisname around it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I would love a dorito-taco right about now actually...but only if it's on the .99 or, .89 menu >.>

DAMMIT I now jonze for a quad-steak burrito!

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
It's funny, I liked the 90's for the very reason Bob states he dislikes them: I liked the transitional age period. It's later on in the 2000's that things turned suck from my point of view, when the world started going all serious business instead of just school and messing around and gaming.

Maybe I'd have a brighter view of the more recent years if I had a job I loved, too. Ah well.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Male dolphins kidnap and gang-rape female dolphins.

http://scienceray.com/biology/marine-biology/not-so-cute-dolphin-gang-rape/

"In order to coerce the reluctant females, males form groups of two or three ? often remaining together in their search for sexual gratification for well over a decade. When they find a suitable female they literally force her to mate with one or more of the group, and have even been known to herd their unwilling consorts for months at a time, basically using them as their personal sex-slaves.

Although dolphins are not alone in the animal world of gang-rapists, research suggests they?ve the perfected the art to a degree unseen in any other species, and it seems they don?t limit their advances to their female partners, either: there are several reports claiming divers and swimmers have also been accosted."

So yeah. Try and enjoy Seaworld now.

FLIPPER ISN'T WAVING, HE'S UNDRESSING YOU WITH HIS EYES.

SOCIALCONSTRUCT

Apr 16, 2011
Phantom357 said:
i wonder if there are expired condoms and moldy dildos in his junk drawer
lol Phantom357 I like the cut of your jib. Seriously though, Bob has logged some serious hours at buffet tables so the man knows what he is talking about.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for sharing your junk with us Bob.

Wait, that doesn't sound right...

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I believe I read somewhere that dolphins are smarter than numerous other sea dwellers. The single minded purpose of sharks can be paralleled to a Stallone or Schwarzenegger film, and probably their success as well.

u4527646

Jul 20, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
Technically speaking Orcas are dolphins.

Porpises, at least.

-m
Actually no, Orcas are family Delphinidae (which are normal oceanic dolphins) while porpoises are family Phocoenidae. So Orcas are just dolphins.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
This is going to be one of the strangest things I've ever defended, but...

Jon Chu is not entirely a bad choice. Have you seen Step Up 2? The camera work and choreography was pretty damn good.

If a movie in which I have no interest in at all (dancing, music, the "I just gotta dance for a greater purpose" storyline) makes me actually say "that wasn't half bad...", then I think he's got a good shot at some more "serious" film work.

I'm just saying not to gather your torches and pitchforks just yet.