The Big Picture: Nerd Gods

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Woodsey said:
Ah. You are indeed correct then. Apologies. I usually do research on things that interest me before talking out my ass about them, but he wrote that article when I was at home... and had to use a cruddy old Mac instead of my awesome new PC. Hell, a new Mac would have been fine, not this thing from 2001. I wasn't doing any non-vital thing (like research Santa) on that piece of crap.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
SensibleCrout said:
maddawg IAJI said:
There is an entire religion based on the Jedi order? Where the fuck is the conversion papers! I wanna use the force!
It was only a creative way of saying FU to the national census.
N'awwww. Fuck it, I'm starting my own Jedi Religion. The meeting of the Jedi masters will be on Saturday if anyone is willing to come =P

Kadamon

Feb 8, 2009
Captain Pooptits said:
Haarooohee, Bob? Haarooheee?

You just lost all nerd credibility with me. Stop your preaching now. Right now goddam.

It's pronounced Haruhi ffs visit a speech therapist.
That's like saying "Soliloquy, it's pronounced (soliloquy)".
Did not help at all.

Amund

Oct 24, 2008
Woodsey said:
Coca-Cola didn't invent Santa Clause (or even the red and white suit I believe, they just put him in it since it went with the branding).
They did however make Rudolf, unless I'm mistaken.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Praying to Spiderman? Oh please, I could find someone less whiny in a child daycare!

maddawg IAJI said:
SensibleCrout said:
maddawg IAJI said:
There is an entire religion based on the Jedi order? Where the fuck is the conversion papers! I wanna use the force!
N'awwww. Fuck it, I'm starting my own Jedi Religion. The meeting of the Jedi masters will be on Saturday if anyone is willing to come =P
Waaaaait a minute. You can't just come in here and declare yourself Jedi Master! You have to receive training. And face trials. And especially build your own lightsaber.
I'd really like to join Jediism, but I suggest we start small first.

maddawg IAJI

Feb 12, 2009
Quaxar said:
Praying to Spiderman? Oh please, I could find someone less whiny in a child daycare!

maddawg IAJI said:
SensibleCrout said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Waaaaait a minute. You can't just come in here and declare yourself Jedi Master! You have to receive training. And face trials. And especially build your own lightsaber.
But there was a council of Jedi Masters! And its only right that the ones who find the religion be the leaders of it. And besides, I'm already done building my lightsaber and I'm halfway through with the Jedi bible (And I've used the word 'force' in it 502 times so far.)

*Goes back to etching the Jedi Bible into scrolls with his lightsaber.* Oh god damnit! This one caught fire.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Firstly, Im a Sun worshiper.

Secondly, isnt Gundam already a religion in Japan? and a few pockets in America?

Finally, Battlefield Earth, Has to be Travolta's career low point.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Quaxar said:

maddawg IAJI said:
SensibleCrout said:
maddawg IAJI said:
But there was a council of Jedi Masters! And its only right that the ones who find the religion be the leaders of it. And besides, I'm already done building my lightsaber and I'm halfway through with the Jedi bible (And I've used the word 'force' in it 502 times so far.)

*Goes back to etching the Jedi Bible into scrolls with his lightsaber.* Oh god damnit! This one caught fire.
See, that's why you're not ready to be a Master yet. It's the Force!

maddawg IAJI

Feb 12, 2009
Quaxar said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Quaxar said:

maddawg IAJI said:
SensibleCrout said:
maddawg IAJI said:

See, that's why you're not ready to be a Master yet. It's the Force!
Oh excuse me Mr.Widu, but have you survived a month in the harsh winters of Hoth yet!? I haven't either, but I already brought my ticket dammit D=<

Comando96

May 26, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Danial said:
I already worship Stephen Fry, that counts right?
Yeah. Stephen Fry is awsome is'nt he.
He's Britain's national treasure for everyone!

--------

Back to the thing you said with the bible...

It is a good guide to follow... considering... you ignore everything that is not the 10 commandments or what Jesus said... And even then there is a lot of crap to cut out.

Deuteronomy 7:16: "Destroy every nation that your Lord God places in your power and do not show them any mercy." Yeah... Jesus didn't say that. Ignore it.

I am trying to not step on anyone's toes but... wake the fuck up, don't follow an ancient text to the letter. I managed to get a Jehovah's whiteness to leave my house after challenging him to justify the above line from the bible (the wager was if he could I'd let him in).

The Qur'an(said koran) is a medieval text... Not ancient but still outdated by almost 1000 years.

[/rant]

Goood video though. You finally hit on a high concept that I think is wwwaaaayyy to big not to get its own video with lots of discussion. RELIGION.

The subject that too many people would kill over (oh the fucking irony).

aeroz

Dec 14, 2008
reminds me of an annoyance of
"So whats your religion"
"gnostism"
"you're agnostic?"
"...no"

partly because they imply I dont even know how to pronounce my own belief system

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Nice one, Bob. That's why I like you. I reckon it's much harder to tell you live in Crazyland when you're born and raised there. Hell, plenty of people here on the outside can't.

I'll point out that the reason jedi isn't a religions isn't because some church bigwigs or boring bureaucrats said 'jedi isn't a real religion blar blar blar'. It's because there are some things a set of beliefs need to have for it to become a real religon, most importantly a dogma, which 'jedi' only has partially. Nerds wishing to be religious but not quite have plenty of options though. I'm pretty sure Discordianism qualifies.

Also I can't believe you mentioned nerd gods and didn't mention Neil Gaiman. Between Sandman, American Gods and Good Omens the guy is set to create any religion.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure this video is kind of breaking the 1st commandment, But oh well it was ummmm........ entertaining I guess, and with a soup box show I can't complain when someone voices there opinion.
I am a Christan-Nihilist and have no problem with people of with differences in religious beliefs. I almost never push my beliefs on others unless pushed first.

GunboatDiplomat

Mar 23, 2009
This show has gone for bad to worse.

Hell, the MOVIE reviews weren't that great to start with.

Oh, I'm SORRY Bob, am i stealing your rhytm?

Seeys next time!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I already follow the teachings of Mite Gai from Naruto. Hes had ten fold the influence any real person has had on me.

"LET THE POWER OF YOUR YOUTH EXPLODE!!!"

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I'm an atheist, being a geologist doesn't mesh well with the 6000 year old earth theory. However, I would proclaim myself a Jedi right now if it meant I could gain control of the Force. And if I could get my hands on a lightsaber. Of course, if this could happen religious wars could end, just by having the Jedi order step in and slaughter anyone who points a gun at someone who they think is an 'infidel'.