The Big Picture: Polarity Contest

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Polarity Contest

The Oscars want to give blockbuster hits a new award for Achievement in Popular Film. But does it make the problem it's meant to solve even worse?

Watch Video

SeeDarkly_Xero

Jan 24, 2014
Welcome back to the place I first found you! Congratulations!
Looking forward to some new Comics Are Weird pieces sometime in the future!

(Kudos to whomever included some moderation rules to agree to before posting. Good call.)

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Yayyy, finally some reason to visit this site again. As much as I love Zero Punctuation, it alone was not enough to make it worth coming back here.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Slipping back into the show like an old pair of jeans that still fit just right.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Welcome back Bob, don't those alt-right dumbfucks keep ya down! I wonder if Escape to the Movies is also coming back?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well I did always like this show, good to have it back.

As for the topic at hand, they could just drop all pretense and stop pretending the Oscars actually mean anything.

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Ive dusted off an account I swore id never touch again, all for you Bob.

Welcome Back Bob. You win, and you've brought the rest of us along for the victory party.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Comebacks are indeed weird. Welcome back.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I kinda agree with what Bob is saying. I still remember when Best Animated Film became an Oscar, because that pretty much guaranteed that animated films were stuck as being seen as nothing more than "kiddy" stuff.

If only Beauty and the Beast had won that Oscar for Best Picture...

Sprig

Oct 14, 2010
Congrats on the return. Great episode. It feels right to see you back and be back myself.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
darkrage6 said:
Welcome back Bob, don't those alt-right dumbfucks keep ya down! I wonder if Escape to the Movies is also coming back?
I guess that may depend on his contract with Geek.com. I rather like his movie reviews generally (though I personally prefer the prior style which utilized clips rather than speaking at a camera, but YouTube's MDCA screen killed that, so it's been balanced out with quantity so we get to see some lesser-known gems, including things like TV one-shot documentaries that are particularly topical), so I'll watch them wherever they end up.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Its great to see The Big Picture back on Escapist. Not just because its more content after years and years of less or not much content. Not just because its a giant middle finger to the worst users here. Not just because its genuinely great content. But well... well for those reasons. Welcome back Bob.

Naqel

Nov 21, 2009
I like Bob's content, so long as he's not telling me I should be genocided for not worshiping his progressive idols, I'll be happy to listen to this.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Joining the chorus here: welcome back!
I?ve been watching a lot of your stuff on YouTube, but it?s great to see you back here. The Big Picture was always one of my favourites.