The Big Picture: Power Drain

phoenixcalm

Jul 2, 2012
That. Was. Brilliant.

I couldn't stop fucking laughing towards the end. I remember being a kid and watching ALL OF THAT. Holy cow. Seriously, that was such a good, whatever it was good.

Jesus Christ

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
Somehow forgot about all of this until watching this video. I also remember cutting up my NES controller and Light gun to be Cpt. N.

As for the Power Team, I don't remember the cartoon but I do remember the douchy kid host.

Strangely, that show reminds me of Gamepro. I remember JD but who was that other guy that was wayyyy too dude bro even for that time????

Vozati

Jun 8, 2010
I felt bile crawling up my throat, just waiting for a chance to vomit all over my keyboard watching all those clips of 90's version of that show.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Where is that cheezeburger pic of the cat with "what has been seen cannot be unseen"

I need that about now...

The concept of the show was a good one, would work well on the internet. Not the 90's version, hell no.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
It's amazing how the first season was like the concentrated 80's and the second was like the concentrated 90's.

Maybe they believed the world would end in 1999 and wanted to save those decades for posterity.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
Somewhere, Mr. Rocco is watching this and is wondering "Where did Bob get all that footage?!"

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/cr/ff/13302-ff05

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Heh. That kind of made ATARI Force look hip and happening...

...nah, ATARI Force were always hip and happening...

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The thing I remember most about Captain N is Link.

The thing I remember most about Link is....

Fishcactus

Mar 8, 2012
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Too. Much. NINETIES!

Sometimes I really thank God that I had CBBC when I was a kid. We had Get You Own Back, and Get You Own Back was the shit!
CBBC ftw! Ahhh...British children's television, how I missed you. I think someone down thread referenced Jungle Run too :D

OT: Did that guy just say "word"...and was totally serious about it?! Oh boy.
I actually kinda want to watch the 90's version of Video Power...they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Fat_Hippo said:
Am I the only one who can't tell how this terrible cartoon is supposed to be any worse than the shitty 80s cartoons people on the internet inexplicably obsess about?
I don't get it either...if anything the worst ones should be remembered more, at least you can get some humour out of them, e.g. the Spiderman one

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
octafish said:
Heh. That kind of made ATARI Force look hip and happening...

...nah, ATARI Force were always hip and happening...
That poster reminds me of a 90's McDonalds commercial. Except there's no disabled person. And no one is begging to die.
Look in the top left corner, that is no poster, that is an early eighties ATARI console based comic series. I had a couple as a kid. Then they did a second series not long after, I remember having a couple of those as well. I remember it had this ad in it...

...wish I still had that ad...not so much the comic...

Joriss

Dec 27, 2011
Man I remember that cartoon, so wacky, I loved it! Good times...weird times, but good times!

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
The second series looks like it was inspired by this, as a lot of things were
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsTr0kGAqU

I wish I still had the soundtrack to the first movie, I gave the cassette away to someone.

I also own the movie with a Cantonese soundtrack (they even do the end credits song in Cantonese).

Yes, there were quite a few video game shows in the 90s. I remember getting up early to watch them.