The Big Picture: Science!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
maybe you should call Dr Insano, he seems like he'd do all that
also, while you're at it, get an extra ticket to the moon for Bill O'Reilly

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
The meat "problem" is not a science problem, it's a capitalism problem. Also the hunger in Africa is a capitalism problem (with more deep historical implications). We the 7 billion humans already produce more food than we actually need.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
Funniest one you've done. Having considered all the possibilities and ramifications of the issue and pontificated at length on the socio-economical impacts that could result, I too must ask:
Where's my jetpack?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe you should change the title of this show from The Big Picture to The Big Soapbox.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Wow... This episode was AWFUL! Bob really came off as a big dick in this episode. I mean, there was some stuff in the middle, but most of it made me want to punch Bob for being so immature about these things.

kingmob

Jan 20, 2010
I'm actually a 'space guy' and in my daily work the biggest problem is that not all those in 'team science' are in it for this reason :\ Seriously, a surprising number of people is in it for the paycheck and the tax benefits (I train astronauts).
Depressing? I know...

But I will consider your input for the next discussion ;)

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
Hate to say it, but the reason we're still on Earth is because any type of bacteria on another planet would kill everyone it touched, most likely.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Also, about jetpacks, how are you going to solve the problem of having your pants and underpants burned off?

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
We already have jetpacks. That one that was in the James Bond movie, I think that was the real thing. They did an NCIS episode on it. They exist. It's just no one wants you to have one, for the same reason that you want to be the only one who has one.

And, that thing about going to Mars and all that, I really don't see how tricking people into space travel is going to give us aliens. I think tricking us into believing in aliens has given us space travel.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I know this is just in good fun, but... science is... kind of diametrically opposed to lying. Falsifying data is one of the worst things you can do. Hell, we all make mistakes and get bad data that way perhaps, but lying? No can do, lest we end up like the cdesign proponentsists.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Point 2. Meat. Thanks Bob, have been saying this for years. Yes, I don't eat meat now, but 'meat substitutes'. But would so go back to eating meat if this was done.

And it solves two issues, not having to kill animals for meat and not having to torture as many animals for medical testing. Only the most fundamental animal rights person would still have a problem after this was invented...

Point 3. Space. So true...

Overall great episode.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
I would be asking the same things as you Bob, but I was hit with the despair of dreamless capitalism several years ago. And by dreamless I mean the only dream is to have money and to make enough incremental steps to make it seem like we are progressing, but not enough to make EVERYONE pissed off that it's all about money.

Casual Shinji said:
Maybe you should change the title of this show from The Big Picture to The Big Soapbox.
Someone needs to watch the first episode again.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
the reason people dont grow meat is because there are pleanty of meat on the planet already, and its exspensive and time consuming.