The Big Picture: Science!

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
I think you simultaneously annoyed everyone on the planet with even a slight knowledge of science.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Nicolaus99 said:
No, Bob. That was not fun and you should not do it again.

1: MovieBob forgot to include the movie.
2: Back to including your liberal politics, on a website called "The Escapist". Irony fail.
3: I hope this episode was some kind of secret satire because otherwise it is a staggering display of ignorance and thoughtless mouth noise.

Google "Frankenfood". Good luck marketing THAT to people or convincing a grocery store to stock it. You think "Corn Sugar" creates a backlash? Wait till you wheel out the vat meat. Never mind the cost per pound to produce vat meat vs the same for real meat.

Here's an idea. Take your politics, put it on your jetpack, fly it to the moon with promises of gold, and leave it there.
KingPiccolOwned said:
MUST HAVE HAMBEAR!!!!

Seriously though, I want the bear the size of a hamster.
Yay, for the we should not do something becuase it will initially be expensive and people will initially suspicious about it argument.

Fortunately it is an argument most is stupid, else we would not have half the stuff we now take for granted...

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
I think the whole cultured meat thing is having the same problem those cloners had in the movie The Island. It just doesn't work without experiencing life. Life is where the flavor comes from apparently.

Slash Joel

Apr 7, 2011
Well as a biologist the cultured meat is tougher then it seems just like harvesting organs from homeless people is easier then growing organs (joke). The jetpack is just dangerous even more so in the hands of my brother who always forgets to refuel, the lieing thing would work, and as for small animals i would like a giant rabit to ride instead.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Great episode. Somethings I'm not entirely sure are feasible, but hey, it's your show so what do I care if I was entertained.

Seriously though, Glen Beck...rocket...moon. Let's make this happen.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
ph0b0s123 said:
Nicolaus99 said:

2: Back to including your liberal politics, on a website called "The Escapist". Irony fail.
3: I hope this episode was some kind of secret satire because otherwise it is a staggering display of ignorance and thoughtless mouth noise.

Google "Frankenfood". Good luck marketing THAT to people or convincing a grocery store to stock it. You think "Corn Sugar" creates a backlash? Wait till you wheel out the vat meat. Never mind the cost per pound to produce vat meat vs the same for real meat.

Here's an idea. Take your politics, put it on your jetpack, fly it to the moon with promises of gold, and leave it there.
KingPiccolOwned said:
MUST HAVE HAMBEAR!!!!

Yay, for the we should not do something becuase it will initially be expensive and people will initially suspicious about it argument.

Fortunately it is an argument most is stupid, else we would not have half the stuff we now take for granted...
... I'm confused, whose statement are you trying to discredit here?

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Yeah, billions wasted on a lie when it could be used to feed people... no reason for punishment there.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
KingPiccolOwned said:
ph0b0s123 said:
Nicolaus99 said:

KingPiccolOwned said:
MUST HAVE HAMBEAR!!!!

... I'm confused, whose statement are you trying to discredit here?
Sorry, misquoted you. Meant to quote someone else...

DearFilm

Mar 18, 2011
I feel as though if we can't get people behind the idea of building pipelines or drill in Alaska, you'd have a viciously abysmal time trying to get people to even considering drilling on Mars. That was a poor idea.

All the rest is pretty ok though. I do want a teacup bear. Or Komodo Dragon.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Deverfro said:
Where is that first jetpack image from? 0:32
I'm pretty sure it's from The Rocketeer, a movie where a guy gets a jetpack and has to keep it away from Nazis.
EDIT: I'm about 99.9% sure it's from The Rocketeer, looking at the IMDb page.

OT: But cultured meat would taste like despair. Oh I hope someone gets that reference.

Dec 27, 2010
I hate these nerdy rantings that so frequently pop up on the web. If you really care so much, why not work towards yourself, instead of just complaining to people for not bothering to fulfill a lazy nerd's dreams for him. And besides, there are jet-packs, they're just sh*t.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I love meat and am pretty handy with a grill, but I am totally on board for cultured meat. Raising and slaughtering livestock for calories is a really inefficient use of resources and if there's a cheaper way that uses less real estate and less slaughter to make meat that tastes the same and offers the same nutritional benefits (or better) we should all be in favour of it. Heck, Taco Bell admitted their meat is like 1/3 real beef to 2/3 soy already, so it's not like the taste actually matters to the average fast-food junkie.

Gluzzbung said:
Hate to say it, but the reason we're still on Earth is because any type of bacteria on another planet would kill everyone it touched, most likely.
I love H.G. Wells, but his understanding of biology is a century old. Why would bacteria evolve to prey on organisms from a biosphere on a completely alien planet? It makes no evolutionary sense.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Nicolaus99 said:
...This wasn't escape to the movies, this is his second show, where he can talk about whatever he wants to talk about, he does the moviebob show on fridays