The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
Not much to say here but, good job Bob, here's to another 100, and thanks for shedding light on one of may favorite animated series. Besides that, what else is there... We could all beg for a reboot? Make a bunch of references? Beg for a movie? Eh. I'll just go watch the series again.

P.S. And a big congratulations to me! my 10,000th comment! Glad it could be on one of my favorite webshows having a segment on one of my favorite animated shows!

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
*slow clap for awseomeness*

I needed this this morning... I loved this show as a kid, so it's great to see it getting recognized lately.

Also, this guy I know online wants to charter a bus- anyone know a good place?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I miss Freakazoid, I don't remember if I watched it much as a kid, but I'll have to spring for the DVDs...

Anyway, happy 100 episodes, Bob, and here's to a hundred more!

Diceman

Aug 21, 2008
Well... I guess I have another reason to rewatch it all again.

Decent ending as well. I'd forgotten about Candlejac

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I forget who originally said it, but there was a quote in the late 90s that went: "We used to think a million monkeys typing at a million typewriters would eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. But now that we have the Internet, we know that's not true."

I vaguely remember Freakazoid, but I was a bit old to be a regular watcher. I did like the pop culture references and self-awareness in the episodes I did see. I remember liking the Nerdator episode, a Predator-parody about an alien who kidnaps important nerds like Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates to take over the world.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I don't think I ever had any chance to watch this as a Finn.
Enjoyable listen/watch, captha's refering to "thunder storm", any connections?

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
What show was the picture in 0.40? I remember watching a show WAAAAAAAAY back that looks like it but I never got the name.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Grats on the 100 episodes. Remember watching this as a child and didn't quite get it, the randomness just appealed to me. I totally see it now though!

Lol the candlejack thing wa

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Happy 100th, Bob.

I remember watching Freakazoid dubbed into another language. All the pop-culture references were lost in translation which made the whole show just weird.

Anyway, I did catch quite a few eps in their original language and became a big fan... totally missed the internet prophecy, though

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Back when the WB was worth watching.
Historia, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Pinky & The Brain, MiB:The Cartoon, original Pokemon.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Morbira said:
SlightlyEvil said:
Yep, saw the ending coming a mile off. I mean you, can't talk about Freakazoid without going into Candlejack. Of course, what I love about that character is
PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE. THIS is how you properly do the "Candlejack" joke. You NEVER cut it off in the middle of his name, or he could never get you to begin with! Also Bob, congrats on your 10
Of course the obvious exception to this rule is if you say Candlejack then you say Candleja

Prof.Beany

Apr 22, 2011
Oh man Freakazoid, Having only just watched it maybe a year or two ago now It didnt even occur to me just how out of place that kind of comedy would be in the 90's.
I mean hell, the only reason I started watching it was BECAUSE of internet forums and such, so man kinds slow downfall in to self-initiated madness had already begun so to speak. I remember vividly the old candlejack threads, thinking to myself "I wonder where this jo

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
Holy crap, I just realized this thanks to your ending, but Candlejack is basically SLENDER! The show even predicted THAT particular meme some 17 years or so in advance!