The Big Picture: The Prophesy of Freakazoid

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Okay, how many are like me in that we watched this as kids and found it hilarious, but felt like we were the only ones on the planet that did?

I remember watching this show religiously and loving it, and yet when I would mention it to friends they never had any idea what I was talking about... and upon seeing the zainy premise had no interest.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I didn't liked Freakazoid back then. I was little and stupid, I had other interests back then (don't remember clearly, but may had to do with Power Rangers, Dragon Ball and/or Ninja Turtles), it was mildly amusing to say the least, but it was just so... random.

Granted, I now love random humor, ponies and internet memes (and pictures of cats), I think I've (childishly) grown up enough to fully appreciate the show, I'll definitely check it out once again.

God of Path

God of Path
Jul 6, 2011
Congratulations on episode 100!

Going back and watching it now, it is a great lot of rapid-fire pop culture jokes for no other reason. Still hilariously funny though. Thanks for the nice Freakazoid booster, so to speak.

Pariahwulfen

Mar 23, 2010
As much as I like this series, I really hope that the Candlejack ending doesn't mean that this series will end up like The Game Over...

xedobubble

Apr 2, 2009
Bob, you got me right in the nostalgia. Now I need to rewatch at least season 1. Bare minimum for the Hula Girls gag.

And Candle Jack is right, we're not a very br

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
I'm of the opinion that the show got better in the second season because it dropped the sketch comedy routine and stuck to more story centric episodes. If it didn't do that, we never would have seen Freakazoid team up with Leonard Maltin and Henry Kissinger to fight Tim Curry.

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
This...was amazing. So happy to see The Big Picture hit the 100 mark! Keep on chuggin!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
A problem with Freakazoid is that nobody could watch it because nobody had the slightest idea when it was on. The studio kept switching around it's time slot, meaning nobody could make a schedule around watching the show. It may of been intentional by the studio, because it was so obviously focused on a more adult audience.

Jan 27, 2011
Jman1236 said:
Never realized how the show basic was what the internet was going to be 10 years in advance. 100 episodes and yet no Sonic Satam episode, what's up with that?
*shrug* Well, he already doesn't really seem to be the biggest sonic fan. I just don't think he cares, really.

And Bob...I may never have watched Freakazoid, EVER, and yet even I know you're not supposed to the the name cand-*stop himself and pulls a shotgun out of nowhere to scan the area around him*

.........*phew* Didn't finish the name...I seem to be the the only smart one...

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
I'm going to be one of those people. The ones that HATED it. It might have made good points about stuff, ahead of it's time blahblahblah and all that, but it was causing my brain cells to commit suicide one by one
Well, hated it less than animaniacs.

Grats on the one zero zero.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Now that you mention it...yeah, holy shit. My mind has been blown.

Also I loved the Candlejack reference at the end it really was

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Congrats on episode 100, man how time flies.

I do have to say too much of this episode's time was wasted on the Intro(we really didn't need to hear almost the whole thing) and the last caveman scene. Just saying that hearing Bob talk a little longer would've been more enjoyable then watching the clips that went way long after their point was already made.

Can't complain that much though cause awesome web series is awesome. Here's to many more Big pictures!

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Is there any chance that it could get better, maybe only with The Tick. Though that might just be that he has no candle

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I hate you bob. Dredging up my childhood and making me realize how much I need to rewatch this series. AS IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO DO. grumble grumble. (goes to down load le freakazoid)

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
Freakazoid is one of my favourite shows ever, they really don't make them like that any more. He is one of the reasons why the 90s didn't suck. I really wish they had made more episodes. Maybe they weren't cancelled, maybe someone tricked the creators into all saying "Candlejack" and they all disa-

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
It's only right that something from Freakazoid is a rather well known meme then. How cyclical.

Also, given the population of these forums, I find this relevant.