The Big Picture: The Terrible Twenty Films of 2014 Part 2

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Terrible Twenty Films of 2014 Part 2

Bob finishes up his list of the worst movies of 2014.

Watch Video

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
So, once again, not the worst movies just the most disappointing. Some of these weren't even truly bad but just didn't live up to their potential.

Edit to add - yeah, some of them were horrible, but we didn't need two episodes of this.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
I totally called it. Also glad I was not subjected to any of those last 10.....blegh.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
So is the reason that Kirk Cameron's "Saving Christmas" isn't on this list because you couldn't have both the #2 AND #1 spots go to crappy christian cinema? In the podcast you identified it as one of the worst films in history, but it doesn't make the top 10?

I iz confuzzed.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Bob, stop trying to pretend Spiderman 3 is any better or less worse than both ASM, it wasn't, it's just as bad as both films.

Haven't heard of Winter's Tale, but might look into it just to see how bad it is. Also surprised Annie wasn't on the list, from what I heard, it was complete and utter shit

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
One of these days, I will and shall marathon all of Bob's videos saying how much he hates the Amazing Spider-man series. (Though to be fair some, not all, of his criticisms have merit).

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
What gets me is that The Amazing Spiderman 2 had all the elements to be fantastic. I loved the talent involved and the film looks beautiful. However, it's so inanely scripted that it's insulting. Likely not all the blame fall on Orci and Kurtzman (but based on Star Trek maybe still a lot) as studio pressure surely helped turn it into an incoherent mess.

I deserves to be on the top ten not because it's the worst movie on the list, but it's there because it represents the worst cynicism and creativity of the business right now.

Also Bob, shame on you for not having Transformers 4 anywhere on here, aka the first Transformers movie I had to stop about an hour and thirty minutes in because I was hating life more and more every minute I watched it.

JackgarPrime

Jul 17, 2012
MorganL4 said:
So is the reason that Kirk Cameron's "Saving Christmas" isn't on this list because you couldn't have both the #2 AND #1 spots go to crappy christian cinema? In the podcast you identified it as one of the worst films in history, but it doesn't make the top 10?

I iz confuzzed.
His brain is probably already scabbing over the memory of that movie in order to save itself.

RiderRockon

Sep 16, 2014
I just got really sad as I caught myself thinking how I liked Spider-man, past tense.

There was a time, not too long ago, when Spider-man was the coolest superhero I knew. I blame Sony Pictures for that no longer being the case.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
ASM2 in the #1 spot. Gee willickers, who saw that coming?
I have not heard of some of these movies before today (or just forgot Bob reviewed them) but it gave me the giggles to hear Bob rip them up, but don't pretend the left doesn't do that stuff to.
And ragging on American Sniper again? Bob, just admit you are not the target audience of war movies, and just don't watch 'em if you don't get 'em.

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Dammit, Bob, this is amateurish.

It's not "feel badly" it's "feel bad," otherwise it sounds like the thing that's making you "feel" isn't working properly. I thought we were all clear on that after that one scene from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Other than that, I'm half-way surprised there weren't more young adult adaptations on this list. This year had some bad ones...

ornjoos

May 7, 2013
MorganL4 said:

I iz confuzzed.
Last year Bob said that just being bad in of itself isn't enough to make the worst list. Everybody knew that Saving Christmas was going to suck from square one, so putting in on the list would be as predictable as guessing that the monster in a Scooby Doo episode is a guy in a mask.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Wait... Kevin Sorbo was in... that? This is really disappointing. He was Hercules, dammit!

Also, Interstellar is a worse film than Transformers 4 now? Bob's Nolan crusade just reached embarrassing levels.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
MatsVS said:
Wait... Kevin Sorbo was in... that? This is really disappointing. He was Hercules, dammit!
Sorbo has gone kinda nuts, I'm not really surprised that he'd be in anything just to get more screen time. That said, the movie is his kind of crazy.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok so Maleficient is on the "ok" list after all.

Also, I finally seen TNMT which overall it was bad but not as bad as I expect it to be (it's even more bad compared to Transformers which at least those had mindless action to watched).

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I honestly thought bob was trolling us with that clip at the end. I would of mostly likely gotten it if I've actually seen spider man 3.

Darxide

Dec 14, 2009
MatsVS said:
Kevin Sorbo has gone (or possibly always was) uber right wing nutjob. I mean further than most of the right wing nutjobs. He's making Glen Beck and Sean Hannity look mildly sane by comparison and that takes some serious effort.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I'm hoping for a good Christian movie or movie based from Biblical narratives that is actually good.
I'm tired to evading giving reasons to my sister why I want to not watch certain films because I lack the heart to tell her "It looks awful and terrible". I respect her opinions on certain films and I don't want to influence her perception of them if she sincerely chooses to watch them. I'm just tired of finding an honest way to explain "PLEASE DON'T FORCE ME TO WATCH IT" without being a dick.

I'm confident it is possible to do good Christian movies. I suppose the lack of funding could be an issue since there seems to be a "that's lame" stigma attached to the idea of faith.

We live in hope. It's most likely also quite a mega irony to benefit financially from Religion.