The Big Picture: Who Was That At The End of Guardians of the Galaxy?

vid87

May 17, 2010
According to this article and IMDB (grain o' salt), there were several guest voices and appearances:

Nathan Fillion (voice) - "Monstrous Inmate" (but we knew that already)

Rob Zombie (voice) - "Ravager Navigator"

Lloyd Kaufman - "Prisoner"

Howard the Duck (voice) - SETH GREEN!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68240

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Mcoffey said:
After seeing Guardians, my buddy bitched the entire car ride home (And then some) about Howard the Duck. He was so disappointed it wasn't Thanos punching planets or something. So now I mock him by saying how cool it's gonna be when Howard shows up in Avengers 3 and takes down Thanos.

I also try to console him by reminding him Batman V Superman comes out soon and absolutely no fun will be allowed in that movie, so he's got that to look forward to.
If that happens, i might actually watch Avengers 3, it would be soo dumb and anticlimatic that it became instantly awesome! Especially if they recycled the costume from the old movie!

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I want to see a Howard the Duck movie episode. Anything that gives Howard a little more exposure is okay for me, he's a great character. Skip doing a Man-Thing movie episode though, that was just an embarrassment.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I haven't seen Guardians yet, but I only know of Howard though that terrible movie and I'm not particularly keen on being reminded of it.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Squirrel Girl rumors going on.
Howard the Duck.

Oh yah, we know Marvel's next Billion is coming from. CROSSOVER TIME.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Howard the fraking Duck. I was expecting something else with the Collector, some setup for some Post Avengers 2 stuff. Nope. I got Howard. The. Fraking. Duck.

How about after the HtD movie episode, you talk about Adam Warlock, and prep us all for something a few years away.

VileTerror

Dec 22, 2010
Come on people! I find it shocking that none of you have linked this informative bit of information yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k01DIVDJlY
Watch this, then consider the duck/human-sex scene from the Howard movie . . .

Edit: I suppose I should add that this video is a comedic, but factual examination of duck biology. If you are offended by biology or at work/a place where biology is not appropriate, then I suggest NOT clicking on the above link.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Mcoffey said:
After seeing Guardians, my buddy bitched the entire car ride home (And then some) about Howard the Duck. He was so disappointed it wasn't Thanos punching planets or something. So now I mock him by saying how cool it's gonna be when Howard shows up in Avengers 3 and takes down Thanos.

I also try to console him by reminding him Batman V Superman comes out soon and absolutely no fun will be allowed in that movie, so he's got that to look forward to.
Just tell him he didnt notice Adam Warlocks Cocoon being open and empty, Howard and Cosmo were both nice little nods, but freaking Warlock is an almost guarantee now for the next movie, and thats big.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Pat Hulse said:
antiproductiveman said:
It always makes me feel better when someone reads off a Wikipedia article to me
I...

Wait a minute. You've been a member since 2009? And you decided that THIS was the moment to finally post your first reply on the forums? After five years, you break your silence just to make a sarcastic put-down against a random video about Howard the Duck?

Damn. I'm actually kind of impressed.
He can't help it, he's not very productive.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i was what, 8 when howard come out on home video, and i really liked the movie back then. maybe not so sure that i would still like it today... but it was funny that people over 30 in the movie theatre were all "howard the duck ?!?" and people younger were more "what the hell was that talking duck ?!?"

Also, i am the only one who think that they asked seth green to do the voice of howard, to wink the fact that he's doing rocket raccoon voice in other shows ?

by the way, Vince Diesel was hire to do the voice of Groot in every language. he have a super weird accent in french...

Logience

Jun 25, 2014
Bob, I'm sure you know about Nostalgia Critic's episode covering it back when he started, so why didn't you mention it?