The Big Picture: Who Was That in Thor 2?

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Ponyholder said:
marioandsonic said:
Ponyholder said:
MovieBob said:
Who Was That in Thor 2?

MovieBob gives us a spoiler filled look into Thor: The Dark World.

Watch Video

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

THANOS IS IN LOVE WITH DEATH?!

What the hell does that mean for our old pal Wade? Does this mean we might get a GOOD Deadpool movie? Or hell, a GOOD DEADPOOL CAMEO?!
I doubt it. Doesn't Fox still own the movie rights to X-Men, as well as the concept of Marvel mutants?
They do? FUCK! Man, I would have LOVED to see Deadpool argue against Iron Man.
RDJ and Ryan Reynolds in the same movie. The sheer level of Snarkiness would spill from the movie screen. That would be awesome.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Comics Are Weird! Really needs to be a regular show on here I think. Anyway, looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I'm still hung up on the scepter - my friend and I (and presumably everyone else) have been assuming that it was the Mind gem by itself, but Collector says "1 down, 5 to go." The Aether is almost certainly Power, but is the Tesseract an individual stone separate from the scepter or did it create the scepter? If the former, would that make the Tessearct the purple "Space" stone since it can open portals? If so, why can it also kill people like in Cap. America, unless no one actually died but were just teleported somewhere? And if all THAT is true, does that mean we're technically halfway through the "hunt?" And if Thanos really needs the stones/gems, did he really trust Loki to beat the Avengers and not lose the scepter?

Also, from a quick search on wikipedia - a list of the other stone owners that might end up on film:

-Yellow (reality): Nebula, Guardians of the Galaxy (played by Karen "shaved head Amy Pond" Gillan)

-Green (soul): Dr. Strange (they're making it sound like he's close to getting a movie in "season" 3)

-Orange (time): Gamora, Guardians (Zoe Saldana)

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks for the explanation! I vaguely knew who the Collector and Elders of the Universe were but I've never read anything with them. I read comics on occasion, more so lately because I've given up on stores and just buy online but I?m not a devoted fan so I don't know much about the histories of a lot the characters or the industry. It interesting to know. I just pick up arcs that look interesting and don?t seem too reliant on other stories I've not read and Wiki anything I don?t understand (which is how too unwittingly lose a whole day, like tv tropes).

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Woah. The Collector totally looks like...

The lead singer of Rammstein.
And I really don't know if that would be weirder.

Rabidkitten

Sep 23, 2010
Its way more fun to have a comic book encyclopedia tell me about all this crap then reading all of it.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
I really enjoy getting explanations to stuff that I don't really know but understand is somehow important in the Marvell movies... And getting much of the back-story to all comics I don't have time to read or really want to read...

I was also really wondering who that funny looking somehow important dude was... :) So thanks MovieBob!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Makabriel said:
Ponyholder said:
marioandsonic said:
Ponyholder said:
MovieBob said:
Who Was That in Thor 2?

MovieBob gives us a spoiler filled look into Thor: The Dark World.

Watch Video

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

THANOS IS IN LOVE WITH DEATH?!

What the hell does that mean for our old pal Wade? Does this mean we might get a GOOD Deadpool movie? Or hell, a GOOD DEADPOOL CAMEO?!
I doubt it. Doesn't Fox still own the movie rights to X-Men, as well as the concept of Marvel mutants?
They do? FUCK! Man, I would have LOVED to see Deadpool argue against Iron Man.
RDJ and Ryan Reynolds in the same movie. The sheer level of Snarkiness would spill from the movie screen. That would be awesome.
Seconding that. I'd pay good money AND treat all my mates to see that!

I have to admit though...Death is female?!? I'd make a Lady Death reference here, but that'd be too obvious. Instead, I have to ponder something else and look in the directions of Aurora from the Sonic comics and the Valkyrie from Norse mythology. (And the Thor movies, if they'd bother to make an appearance in those.)

azriel2422

Jul 19, 2010
Falseprophet said:
Strain42 said:
I'm still super excited for the Netflix series stuff, but after Agents of SHIELD I don't have my hopes as high as I would like them to be. I mean Agents of SHIELD is okay, I just don't really care about any of these characters outside of Coulson, and May is kinda growing on me.
I'm a bit more excited about the Netflix series, because they won't have the limitations of network TV like AoS does. Netflix has no involvement other than paying Disney money and having exclusive distribution rights for some set time. There's no network execs breathing down their necks about ratings and advertising dollars.

That also means Disney/Marvel can effectively make four 13-part movies that can cross over with each other as much as they want. Because if you're a Netflix subscriber, you don't have to worry about when shows air or about PVRing a whole bunch of stuff. It will all be on Netflix immediately. You can watch it all anytime you want, in the way you want. You can watch all of Daredevil's series first, then Jessica Jones', then Power Man's, etc. Or you can watch all four Episode 1s first, then all the Episode 2s, etc.
I agree on the Netflix series, and think that because of that they might even be able to delve a bit into the darker themes of the Marvel Knights. Since this is all in one, much larger continuity it can't get too dark, but I am excited nonetheless. IMO I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt. Can't wait!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The first thing I did after I came home from the movie was power on the computer and go to google to type in "The Collector Marvel" and start reading :p
I do hope thou that they keep the Movies away from the series and don't start entangling them toghether, would be too much to follow :/

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Yeah as soon as that stinger came up on the big screen I was left having to describe what the stones were and their importance to my Dad. By the way, stay right through the credits guys. It just irks me to see that people still get up and go at the end of a Marvel movie nowadays. Its not much, but at least you'll be given a proper introduction to Snowflake!

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Sigh. I wish someone could make a good DC movie. Funny enough, my dad still understands a quarter of this stuff from when he read Marvel back in the day.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Hutzpah Chicken said:
Sigh. I wish someone could make a good DC movie. Funny enough, my dad still understands a quarter of this stuff from when he read Marvel back in the day.
...Your Dad is awesome and could probably beat up my Dad.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Strain42 said:
Do we know yet how they're releasing them? Like are they actually doing all four series at once, or are they releasing like one series a month or something? From a business perspective on Netflix's part it seems like it would be smarter to stretch them out some. If they're released all at once, I imagine you'd have a lot of people just joining for one month (or heck, doesn't Netflix do a lot of "Get one month free" deals?) just to watch those and then cancelling the service.

I love my Netflix account, but part of me kinda hopes they do release them over time, then I don't have to wonder what order I want to watch them in xD lol
It's common media wisdom to release a series weekly, but so far Netflix has been ignoring common wisdom with their original shows. All of Arrested Development Season 4 was released at once, same with all of House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Hemlock Grove. It's possible Disney could get a different arrangement with them, but my guess is they won't. On the other hand, I don't think they've released four complete but overlapping series before. It might be they release a complete series every month, then release the Defenders cross-over miniseries in month 5?

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
There are few things in life I enjoy more than watching Benicio del Toro Benicio del Toroing around on the screen, and he Benicio del Toroed the hell out of that scene, so I'm really looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. It's nice to have the info and everything, so I sincerely thank you for that, Mr. Chipman, but honestly, I wouldn't have even cared as long as I got to watch him make holding a box into an interpretative dance.

Smurf McSmurfington

Jun 24, 2010
Somehow you managed to make me even more excited about ALL of the upcoming Marvel films than I was already.
I think the term "fuck yeah" is fitting in this context.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I would have been fine with them simiply saying it was Del Toro's final form.