The Big Tease

Uriel_51

Dec 6, 2010
Before reading further, I must simply say Anne Hathaway is, imho, one of the most beautiful women alive. I CANNOT wait to see her as Catwoman.

Ok, reading continues.

Belzera

Prinny Puncher
Apr 14, 2009
The only Marvel movie villian we've seen so far still alive is Loki?

Captain America spoiler. following.
The Red Skull isn't dead, at least not from what I saw, he just seemed to be transported off world by the tesseract/cube/macguffin like if he had used the Bifrost gate. But that could just be me.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
For the most part I agree with you on Spider-Man. I don't like this new tone and I really don't like how this movie is only being made because Raimi wouldn't do Spider-Man 4. But there are a couple of things you said that are bugging me a bit. I mean what's wrong with Peter being mopey and sulky? That was one of his defining characteristics all throughout the sixties. However, this portrayal still doesn't seem very nerdy, so we can agree there. (Though I'm not saying that mopey and sulky should be the only trait he has, as that would suck) And while the comics never delved into it too heavily, Gwen Stacey IS a scientist. She gets into Empire State University on the exact same scholarship as Peter (Aka the "Incredibly freakishly smart at Science" scholarship) and is shown to be able to handle herself fine in Chemistry class. And then[b/] there's the more recent Spectacular Spider-Man version which is essentially Peter with blonde hair and breasts.

Regardless of those things, I share your dislike. I'm happy to hear Spidey will be snarkier than his last movie incarnation, but at the moment it looks like that's about all it has going for it. Still, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the full movie.

Butterjaw

Jun 8, 2010
Belzera said:
The only Marvel movie villian we've seen so far still alive is Loki?

Captain America spoiler. following.
The Red Skull isn't dead, at least not from what I saw, he just seemed to be transported off world by the tesseract/cube/macguffin like if he had used the Bifrost gate. But that could just be me.
I think Bob meant the only villain left alive that would require The Avengers to take him down. Red Skull got spanked by the Captain.

Though saying that, Thor was a match for Loki... Why do we need this team again?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Bob argued that Loki is the only still living villain from the other films that would require a team to take down, I can see this..... But then there is the whole cut off one head two more grow back bit, and with the loss of Red Skull, a pretty friggen big head got cut off, so theoretically two more should grow back..... RIGHT??? Especially since we have Fury putting The Avengers together, you'd figure this means that SHIELD couldn't handle a certain problem they had previously been struggling with. So an army of evil crazy people working behind the scenes seems like a logical foe, IMO....

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
So am I the only one who thought the trailer looked good? I mean, I don't care for mopey peter parker, but I thought that first persons scene was fairly epic.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Hafrael said:
What gives me hope for The Amazing Spider-man is his goofy smile when he's talking to Gwen Stacy.
i kinda like that he has web shooters in this one instead of it just coming out his wrists. al and all i have hope for this movie but not much.
dont like the batman one cause im probably the only person who didnt love dark knight(it was good only because of the joker and that isnt enough to save probably the worst batman or two face ive ever seen.)

i have nothing to say about the avengers except if they screw this up i will be very angry you wouldnt like me when im angry......oh and they better have wasp and ant man in the movie cause well wasp came up with their name and we all know Janet is were Hank is:)

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:
What gives me hope for The Amazing Spider-man is his goofy smile when he's talking to Gwen Stacy.
i kinda like that he has web shooters in this one instead of it just coming out his wrists. al and all i have hope for this movie but not much.
dont like the batman one cause im probably the only person who didnt love dark knight(it was good only because of the joker and that isnt enough to save probably the worst batman or two face ive ever seen.)

i have nothing to say about the avengers except if they screw this up i will be very angry you wouldnt like me when im angry......oh and they better have wasp and ant man in the movie cause well wasp came up with their name and we all know Janet is were Hank is:)
No Ant-Man :( [http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ant-Man-Won-t-Be-In-Whedon-s-Avengers-19806.html]

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
Doesn't anyone else find it ridiculous that they're rebooting a film that came out 9 years ago? Are they completely out of ideas?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Hafrael said:
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:

No Ant-Man :( [http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ant-Man-Won-t-Be-In-Whedon-s-Avengers-19806.html]
this is why people who are not fans should not direct comic movies wasp without ant man is just not right.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:

this is why people who are not fans should not direct comic movies wasp without ant man is just not right.
Well Hank will be in the movie, but not as Ant-Man, but as more a supporting cast-scientist.

They want to see how big the interest in Wasp would be. If she's a huge hit, an Ant-Man/Wasp movie will probably be made.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Hafrael said:
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:
ecoho said:
Hafrael said:

Well Hank will be in the movie, but not as Ant-Man, but as more a supporting cast-scientist.

They want to see how big the interest in Wasp would be. If she's a huge hit, an Ant-Man/Wasp movie will probably be made.
ok i can live with that

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
ecoho said:
Antman isn't going to be in the first Avenger movie, but Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim) is making an Antman movie as part of the next generation of marvel movies (there will also be a Runaways film and possibly a Dr Strange one, which would be infinitely cool). So you'll have to wait a bit but they'll be in the movies eventually.

Edit: Just posted this because some of the stuff Hafrael linked is a bit old, it doesn't look like Wasp will be in the Avengers yet.

J0k3

Aug 29, 2009
As far as I remember, the very first teaser for "The Dark Knight" didn't show much either. It was just the bat logo being shot apart while a collection of very interesting dialogues are played in the background. So I'm willing to give Noland the benefit of the doubt...

The teaser for spiderman was a little disapointing, I do hope that the "darker" direction will mean that we'll see the female lead die (As far as I remember the comic character dies due to spiderman being incompetent, right?) in this movie, now that will be worth watching. Although it is kind of sad if thats the only thing to look forward to in this movie... :/

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
SandroTheMaster said:
Wait, there was supposed to be an Avengers preview at the end of Captain America? NOW I feel ripped-off. I waited till the end and just thought they had put the after-credits before the credits this time (let's face it, when Rogers woke up it did look an awful lot like an after-credits scene).
Exact same thing happened to me. Pissed I am for sure

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
More painful exposition of his family dying, him becoming spider man and hooking up with the girl. I was hoping of more deviation from the standard plot, but this is essentially the last Spider Man film, but with a bit more emphasis on his parents.

Not bad (the first person bit kept me interested), just disappointing.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
Actually Bob, you kind of made a slip. Gwen Stacy was a scientist to begin with (In the normal 616 universe). It was part of the reason why Peter Parker could level with her so easily since they both were scientists. Also, the angle of his parents having something to do with his powers is one that has been taken from the Ultimate series of comics. (Which is why I'm hoping they'll give Spidey some love in the Avengers at a point.) Because it all goes back to Captain Americas powers and The Hulk getting his powers for the first time.

The side they're going with is more logical than "radioactive Spider" working rather than killing him and Gwen being a doofus like people think she is, when she was only a notch down from Peters mind.

Craazhy

Tic-Tock and Crash
Aug 22, 2009
I will not see The Amazing Spider-Man until I hear great things about it after it comes out, if ever. Reboots just never give me the sense of a memorable cinematic experience.

Dark Knight Rises, obviously. If someone doesn't see it, it's because they're dead. Not about whether its good or bad, or you'll think it'll be good or bad. You just gotta know for yourself.

Avengers is complicated for me. In my mind I see it on such a tightrope. So many lead-role actors bumping elbows for space in the same screen. And this is one homerun the studios aren't going to waste ad-space for. Meaning, I cannot fathom any studio with enough money to make this movie properly, to make it properly. They're going to be safe and they're going to dress it up, or it will be the greatest surprise (to me) in recent cinematic history.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
I enjoyed the rundown and found myself agreeing with most of it. The spiderman trailer had me most disappointed. My main problem with the movie spiderman had not really been with tone or actors (although those weren't great either) but instead mostly with the plot and spiderman being stupid. I always liked the versions in which he had a brain and had even created the web spinners as an accompaniment to his other powers but it looks like with this they are going through with another character who will bumble through some excuse for a plot hopping for coincidence, spider-powers and some dumb villains to make the story role on... and the whole parents thing makes me laugh; are they going to combine it with his uncle to give him a guilt and revenge complex to make an Emo Batman in bright tights. Maybe they want to reassure us that marvel can still make bombs...