The Binding of Isaac Console Bound

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
webepoop said:
kman123 said:
I guess this is how PC elitists felt when Terraria was released on consoles.

Though I'm not an elitist OR a prick I'm glad it's getting a console release. I won't be touching it since I'm unhealthily attached to the PC version (seriously...so many fucking hours clocked in that game) and I'll keep using the PC version cos of reasons.

I still need to beat ???
The difference between this and Terraria is that the new content in this is going to be released on the PC as well.

Anyways, despite not playing it all that much, I'm still looking forward to it!
Has that been confirmed (sources please, if that's not too much to ask)? I thought only the console release was getting the new stuff. I'm hooked on the PC version, and don't plan to pick it up on console, so it'd be great if I could get the new stuff on the pc. I'd gladly buy it as dlc.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
webepoop said:
kman123 said:
I guess this is how PC elitists felt when Terraria was released on consoles.

Though I'm not an elitist OR a prick I'm glad it's getting a console release. I won't be touching it since I'm unhealthily attached to the PC version (seriously...so many fucking hours clocked in that game) and I'll keep using the PC version cos of reasons.

I still need to beat ???
The difference between this and Terraria is that the new content in this is going to be released on the PC as well.

That would only be possible if the reprogram the entire game on pc as well. The Dev justified his inability to fix all the bugs in Wrath of the Lamb on having reached the maximum size for a flash game. I don't even wanna know what adding even more content would do to it.

Likely consoles will end up having the superior version either way.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Screw consoles. I want this on handheld. I became a Binding of Isaac junkie the last few months, putting up 30 hours in that span. It's so fun and doesn't get old. Would love to have it on the go. It's well-suited for handhelds too.
I agree

It can be done, shame its not very good though. Perhaps someday, and this rebuild might make that a realistic possibility.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
If this comes to the vita I will buy it AT LEAST 3 times. Though I do hope the re release comes to PC, I would buy it again as well as long as it is actually better than the original and wrath/lamb

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Hopefully they make a way for Wrath not to activate prematurely. My friends who bought the game bundle later were unable to gain the skills from classic Isaac necessary to survive much more difficult Wrath of the Lamb. Getting The Widow on the first level in somebody's first few games is extremely brutal. Needless to say they didn't get as much enjoyment out of the game as I did due to its difficulty.

Eomega123 said:
Has that been confirmed (sources please, if that's not too much to ask)? I thought only the console release was getting the new stuff. I'm hooked on the PC version, and don't plan to pick it up on console, so it'd be great if I could get the new stuff on the pc. I'd gladly buy it as dlc.
The new Isaac will run on an entirely different engine so the new content will definitely not be playable on the current Flash based Isaac. I'll make an assumption that this console Isaac will also be released on Steam.

I still want a Monstro beanbag chair.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
lapan said:
webepoop said:

That would only be possible if the reprogram the entire game on pc as well. The Dev justified his inability to fix all the bugs in Wrath of the Lamb on having reached the maximum size for a flash game. I don't even wanna know what adding even more content would do to it.

Likely consoles will end up having the superior version either way.
Eomega123 said:
webepoop said:

It's getting a PC release! Right from Edmund's website, http://edmundm.com/ :

-Nicalis is working on the port for Ps3/Vita and PC (steam) and is also currently talking to MS and Nintendo about releasing on their platforms. we are also looking into an iOS version if its not garbage.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
webepoop said:
It's getting a PC release! Right from Edmund's website, http://edmundm.com/ :

-Nicalis is working on the port for Ps3/Vita and PC (steam) and is also currently talking to MS and Nintendo about releasing on their platforms. we are also looking into an iOS version if its not garbage.
That sounds good. I wonder if that 16-bit de-make he mentioned will be a toggle or apply to everything though. I liked the graphics as they were.