The Binding of Isaac Gets a Remake

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
Lastly, what about Sony/Nintendo/MS's views on the content of the game? The whole God/Satan/abortion/matricide thing might get stuck on their rulings about content for their consoles...
That shouldn't be an issue, if he aims for a retail release. Worse has made it onto these consoles. Nintendo didn't want it on the 3DS store in the past, but I think that's just the store itself.

P.S. Thanks

Oct 30, 2010
From a bang for my buck perspective I wouldn't mind re-buying it, but I'm afraid I may be all Issac'd out. Hell of a game though.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I already have 353 hours put into this game and the Platinum God achievement. Of course I'd buy it again.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
MetaKnight19 said:
I already have 353 hours put into this game and the Platinum God achievement. Of course I'd buy it again.

Same, but with Super Meat Boy (100%, all badges and all characters and secrets).

I'm a fan of Edmund's games and even if I suck quite a bit in TBoI, I love it just a much as I loved Super Meat Boy.

For a game that I've spent so little (HIB + discounted DLC) and gotten out many hours of (frustrating) enjoyment of it, I'd definitely buy it again if we get the chance to play it in HD with smoother gameplay and a proper controller configuration (stupid Flash and stupid JoyToKey).

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
If getting the game away from the flash engine will lower the requirements then I'd buy it again. There's no way that game should've required a dual-core processor to run in full screen mode.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
A console remake? So that means I can have it on Steam and on PS3?

Seriously, TBoI has be one of best games I've played this gen, and I wouldn't mind paying for it again. Especially if it'll run better on my PS3. >.>

D3s_ToD3s

Jan 17, 2012
I hope i missed at reading.
There was a bunch of praise for the consoleversion and co-op for it and whatnot.
what about my PC?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I didn't get the original Binding of Isaac, but If I can get it on the WiiU, then this Remake will be a must buy for me.

Can't wait to play it! :D

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Timothy Chang said:
McMillen also believes that the remake will be done by a publisher who will rebuild the game using a different engine other than Flash, as McMillen has run into several problems with Shockwave with a game of Isaac's scope. "The flash version cant be updated anymore," he explains. "The file size is so large that it takes 10-15 trys to export a functional swf file.. if we add or edit anything it gets worse and worse and is getting to the point where the fla becomes corrupted every other save.. we cant add anything without breaking EVERYTHING."
Yeah, i noticed when since Wrath of the lamb there was one game breaking bug after another. Him complaining "But I want to be done with isaac T_T" after every fix didnt help either.

Some of the worst bugs are out, but tons are still left:
http://bindingofisaac.wikia.com/wiki/The_Binding_of_Isaac:_Wrath_of_the_Lamb/Bugs

He should have thought earlier about the flash limitations and as much as i like the game, i wouldnt buy the whole thing again after that.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
bah. i've got 4 more items to collect and 2 achievements left to get before i get platinum god, then this happens? i thought i was gonna be done with the game, but i guess i'll just have to do it all again when the time comes. :/ sounds interesting though. more levels sounds scary. the chest is almost too hard as it is, what more could he throw at us? o_O