The Bisexual Question

Golden Gryphon

Jun 10, 2009
Recently I've noticed that a lot of people who are otherwise fine with homosexuals can be very hostile towards people who identify themselves as bisexual. There seems to be a feeling that they're either doing it to get attention or are just messing around until they make up their mind. I know that I myself have been guilty of thinking like that in the past. So my question is this: If you are fine with gay and lesbian people do you feel the same way about bisexuals (male or female) and why?

Izakflashman

Dec 18, 2008
I guess I'm not the discerning type, I just sorta lump em all together. Ha ha. But I'm not fine with it.
Although it seems a bit backwards doesn't it, you would think that the bi's would be accepted first.
I know this bi chick. And I was thinking about what it would be like to date a bi. and how I would have to make sure that she's not cheating on me with both guys and girls. Ha ha, She can't be trusted ANYWHERE. 0_0 lol

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
avykins said:
I prefer bisexual chicks... Do I really need to explain why? Bisexual guys I still view as gay. I am not going to try to justify my point of view because I do not have to so sukkit.
Anyway even with girls it really depends. If they are really bisexual then fine. Its a little greedy but whatever, if they are just whoring for attention then they get on my nerves just for being fake.
Why do you view bisexual men as gay, but not bisexual women?

Maka112

Dec 15, 2008
considering im one of the only straight person in my circle of friends i would have to say i completely accept Bi's or gays.
though when people do it for attention i do generally call them out on it.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
avykins said:
I prefer bisexual chicks... Do I really need to explain why? Bisexual guys I still view as gay. I am not going to try to justify my point of view because I do not have to so sukkit.
Anyway even with girls it really depends. If they are really bisexual then fine. Its a little greedy but whatever, if they are just whoring for attention then they get on my nerves just for being fake.
Somehow, I don't think logic applies in this situation.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I think Bisexuals are greedy. XD

Nah, I honestly dont care... doesn't effect me in any way.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
um more personality person so gender is fairly irrelevant more do tend date on sleep with more females

Gooble

May 9, 2008
I completely accept both homosexual and bisexual people, there's no reason why I shouldn't

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
If done between consenting adults and no bystanders get hurt, why should I care what people do in their bedrooms?

D.C.

Oct 8, 2008
It's never really bothered me what preference (or in this case lack-of) somebody has when it comes to their sexuality.

Like or hate someone for their personality not because of they are.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
bisexual people may only like people because of their personality regardless of sex. this would make bisexuals the ones that are "right"

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
avykins said:
My guess is that it comes down to this: girl on girl = hot, guy on guy = disgusting...

Also for me it doesn't matter that much as long I don't need to watch the guy on guy part...

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
We could all be bi.
None has met all people in the world.
There could be a guy out there that turned me bi. Hope not :p

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Every single bisexual person I've met is a raging nymphomaniac who can't even look at a person without checking out their various lumps or curves.

That said, I do believe there are people who are genuinely bisexual, just very rare. There's this elderly woman who I sort of know who is bisexual, she just says she has moments of one or the other. I think most people are teenagers who are just greedy for sex.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
i find that anyone who identifies with any group is often turned off by members of any other group.

Look at any large cafeteria-- the blacks sit with the blacks, the christians certainly don't sit with the muslims, the gays sit with the gays, the goths sit with the goths and the whites sit with the whites.

And no one sits with the japanese kids.

And before one of the self-proclaimed enlightened pipe up about how they are genderbending and crossing the barriers of race and religion to embrace everyone, this is a larger scale observation of the aggregate of society, not a picture of an individual's mind.

I found this to be true in highschool, college, and the work place, but at least not graduate school, possibly due to the smaller number of total people.

I would suspect the bisexuals have this "problem" as there are not enough of them in general to create their own support network. However, I have never noticed wonton discrimination against bisexuals by gays, so I'm also going to suggest that seeing "a gay" say something nasty to "a bi" does not suggest systemic discrimination.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
Because bisexuals can't be trusted. They're dating a chick and you befriend them then the chick dumps them and they come round. You're all "hey how are ya?" and they respond with "not so good, I could really use someone to be around right now." Then it dawns on you that they are the predator and you are the prey but what do you do? Tell them to bugger off and get everyone yelling at you for kicking your "friend" out when he needed help most? Or let them in and risk them getting too close. And don't try that female way of talking to them about it and discussing how you just want to be friends. As a dude you know how a dude thinks and you know that a dude just stays in the friend zone until they can leap at a moment's weakness.

TL;DR bisexuals can't be trusted.